X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quickingleyero View Post
    Hi, again!
    I just wanted to add two more points after reading some older posts on this fine Forum -
    (1) I believe that the domestic airline that the GOSL plans to start is going to make use of SLAF aircraft, which I think is a great idea since there's peace on the island, now... plus - using Air Force non-combat aircraft that are practically ready-to-use would save costs and also be immediately attractive to whichever investor ultimately partners with UL (so, the investment from the new partner could be better, too).
    This is illegal and violates multiple ICAO Regulations.

There is no way for an Air Force to legally transport civilians or obtain an AOC for Commercial Operations.

I've read that passengers have to sign a waiver for these flights (ie:- No Insurance coverage which is again illegal). Liability Insurance is tied directly to the issuance of an AOC. This should never have been issued.

This is another example of the complete failure of the Rule of Law in Sri lanka.

Why ICAO doesn't act is beyond me. Sri Lanka should be downgraded to Cat 2.
    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
      Hello Mathias,

Welcome to our Air Sri Lanka Forum !!

When does Airbus is going to commence the final assembly of MSN 7486 ? Actually SriLankan Airlines is going to take delivery of MSN 7486

Greetings from Sri Lanka
      SriLankan first A320neo (MSN7486) = 4R-ANA. Test Registration = D-AVVQ
      Last edited by AF777; 05-12-2016, 08:19 PM.

Comment

• The partnership of the SLAF (re: domestic airline) seems to be good to go -

Apparently, the IAF also has a commercial operation for civilians -

Last edited by quickingleyero; 05-12-2016, 09:18 PM.

Comment

The partnership of the SLAF (re: domestic airline) seems to be good to go -

http://en.yibada.com/articles/176945...anes-china.htm
          There's no money to buy these - if you've been paying attention you'll know Sri Lanka is bankrupt. The IMF is calling the shots now.

Your Politicians are good at Big Talk and Delusional Thinking - this is another example imho.

Aircraft orders in Sri Lanka are nothing but Theft, Fraud, Corruption and Racketeering. The last thing that's needed in Sri Lanka is more aircraft imho.

http://www.financialexpress.com/indi...nicobar/340409
          The article makes it clear this is a special case - it doesn't sound like they are running with a Commercial AOC.

What the Sri Lankan Airforce is doing is illegal.
          Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

The partnership of the SLAF (re: domestic airline) seems to be good to go -

http://www.financialexpress.com/indi...nicobar/340409
            I posted a similar link in our military forum. I am really not sure if this news article is correct... what is SL going to do with a behemoth like the Y-20? It is like using a sledgehammer to kill a mosquito. It is too large and expensive for either military or civilian use. I am not sure what the Airforce plans to do with such a huge aircraft, we are not strong to be using this gor any geopolitical reasons either. Common sense says this is a huge misquote. .

Comment

• Originally posted by Azamh View Post
              Any news on PIA leasing A333
              PIA will convert three Airbus A330-300 wet leased from SriLankan Airlines for PIA Premier service into dry leased aircraft to be operated by all-PIA crew, according to news reports.

It also means the A330 will be registered in Pakistan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tanveer View Post
                PIA will convert three Airbus A330-300 wet leased from SriLankan Airlines for PIA Premier service into dry leased aircraft to be operated by all-PIA crew, according to news reports.

It also means the A330 will be registered in Pakistan.
                It's a good news to PIA but for UL most of the routes will be done by A332 which is v old it's a sad. News for me...

Comment

Hi!
                  I'm a new member, here, although I've long been a true fan of UL (and, despite the many financial difficulties being faced by the carrier, it is a carrier that still maintains an extremely high level of service, and it remains my favourite carrier across the world). This Forum seems to include great discussions, and I'm happy to have stumbled across it.
                  Anyway, I have three questions for now, if I may - (1) Does anyone know why 4R-ALH hasn't been flying for the past several weeks?, (2) It looks like 4R-ABL just had a test flight, today after a long period of inactivity... does anyone know the reason for the inactivity?, and (3) Apart from 4R-MRF, does anyone know the other UL/MJ aircraft that are supposed to be returned to lessors in 2017? (If I'm not wrong, UL has recently extended the lease for 4R-ALH from AerCap).
                  Thank you!
                  According to our forummer (Rahal) , 4R-ALH is undergoing C Check until mid-December 2016;

4R-ABL is flying revenue flights since yesterday;

I think 4R-MRC and 4R-MRF are going to be returned back to the lessor;

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                    According to our forummer (Rahal) , 4R-ALH is undergoing C Check until mid-December 2016;

4R-ABL is flying revenue flights since yesterday;

I think 4R-MRC and 4R-MRF are going to be returned back to the lessor;
                    Actually they should have kept the A333 and lease out the A332 I hate flying A332 plane is v aged and old business class. I notice most of the hkg flights are now a332
                    I gave up flysmiles today because of this I need to use cx or sq
                    This is my personal opinion

Comment

• Are 4R-MRE and 4R-MRD reconfigured to usual UL seat config after included in UL fleet?
                      Last edited by MalaysiaMustafa; 08-12-2016, 02:16 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MalaysiaMustafa View Post
                        Are 4R-MRE and 4R-MRD reconfigured to usual UL seat config after included in UL fleet?
                        I highly doubt ex-MJ aircraft have been reconfigured in UL seat config. They just have been painted in all white livery but still been flying in ex-MJ configuration. May be UL will paint and reconfigure them during Jan-Apr 2017 when UL is cancelling most of the flights due to CMB runway maintanance. Most of the UL aircraft will be on ground during the time and better opportunity for UL to make their aircraft to spent time in hangar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Azamh View Post
                          Actually they should have kept the A333 and lease out the A332 I hate flying A332 plane is v aged and old business class. I notice most of the hkg flights are now a332
                          I gave up flysmiles today because of this I need to use cx or sq
                          This is my personal opinion
                          I can notice UL have been using brand new A333 on HKG route : https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ul890

Please note 6 x brand new A320neo/A321neo are joining the UL fleet from Jan 2017. High chance UL will deploy A320neo/A321neo on Maldives, Far East and Middle East. I think UL must use brandnew A333 on NRT, PEK, PVG, HKG routes.

When does UL planning to retire A332 fleet ? UL already cancelled the 4 x A350s with Aercap. Any possibilities UL taking deliveries of rest of 4 x A350 from Airbus in 2020-2023.

Comment

• Originally posted by MalaysiaMustafa View Post
                            Are 4R-MRE and 4R-MRD reconfigured to usual UL seat config after included in UL fleet?
                            Still not it's in same white painted and in old MJ CONFIG

Comment

• Originally posted by gopinath787 View Post
                              Still not it's in same white painted and in old MJ CONFIG
                              That's a shame. It looks boring. when's it expected to be painted?

Comment

• Eurowings to fly from Germany

March 2015

Eurowings, a German regional airline based in Düsseldorf is planning to fly to Sri Lanka from end of the year. They are looking at operating from either Cologne or Düsseldorf with three flights per week initially.

Eurowings is part of the Lufthansa Group and was part of Lufthansa Regional until October 2014 when it began operating on behalf of Germanwings. As of March 2015, it is currently redeveloped into a low-cost short- and long-haul carrier. This will be the first German based airline would be operating direct flights to Colombo. The discussion in this regard was held at the ITB Berlin Sri Lanka stand. Currently SriLankan operates direct weekly flights to Frankfurt.

http://www.srilanka-botschaft.de/cur...m-germany.html
                                When Eurowings is going to start Colombo flights?

Comment

Working...
                                X