Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Qatar airways Boeing 787 dreamliner has made an emergency landing at VCBI with reported fire on board last night. Any updates on that?

Comment

• Does KU operate two flights a day to CMB, today's flight schedule has two so how about other days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach3 View Post
        Does KU operate two flights a day to CMB, today's flight schedule has two so how about other days.
        KU361 - Five times per week - Except Monday & Thursday
        KU363 - Five times per week - Except Thursday & Sunday

So yes KU flying to CMb from KWI two times per days on Tuesday / Wednesday / Friday / Saturday.

Comment

Can anyone explain me why we need 24 helicopters for a tiny nation like sri lanka. A significantly lesser number would have been practical. On top of this, if this is provided via a soft loan then this again would merely be burden for the taxpayer.
          I doubt even whether we have sufficient infrastructure to provide a quality and efficient service with 24 helicopters?
          There should be helipads, landing fields to quickly air lift patients to hospitals right?

Comment

A Qatar airways Boeing 787 dreamliner has made an emergency landing at VCBI with reported fire on board last night. Any updates on that?
            Qatar Airways passenger plane with over 200 passengers on board made an emergency landing at Sri Lanka's Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) late Friday evening.

Sri Lanka's Civil Aviation Authority said the Qatar Airways flight made the emergency landing after reporting a fire on board.

The Qatar Airways flight Dreamliner was flying between Thailand and Doha when it made the emergency landing at BIA.

"QR 841 was carrying 202 passengers and made an emergency landing," Director General of the Civil Aviation Authority H.M.C Nimalsiri said.

He said the BIA was placed on alert for the landing and the flight landed safely

Source : XINHUANET

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
              Qatar Airways passenger plane with over 200 passengers on board made an emergency landing at Sri Lanka's Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) late Friday evening.

Sri Lanka's Civil Aviation Authority said the Qatar Airways flight made the emergency landing after reporting a fire on board.

The Qatar Airways flight Dreamliner was flying between Thailand and Doha when it made the emergency landing at BIA.

"QR 841 was carrying 202 passengers and made an emergency landing," Director General of the Civil Aviation Authority H.M.C Nimalsiri said.

He said the BIA was placed on alert for the landing and the flight landed safely

Source : XINHUANET
              i heard that this was not aircraft related fire and it was originated by a pax in J class.
              ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
                Good news..... Wondering When will 4R-ALA will be retired.... I believe this is the replacement
                I doubt 4R-ALA will be retired anytime soon. It looks like it has received new cabin and seats couple of months ago.

Hi Haleef,

I remember you flew on 4R-ALA. Please advise if it had the new seats when you fly on it few years ago ? Check the recent cabin pictures of 4R-ALA from the below link. Does these seats were fitted on it very recently ? it has IFE and good cabin.

4R-ALA Pics : http://www.airsrilanka.org/showthrea...ll=1#post15456

Hi Rahal,

4R-ALB returned back to service yesterday - after it's spent 2/3 months in maintenance. Does it have now the new cabin and seats ?

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                  I doubt 4R-ALA will be retired anytime soon. It looks like it has received new cabin and seats couple of months ago.

Hi Haleef,

I remember you flew on 4R-ALA. Please advise if it had the new seats when you fly on it few years ago ? Check the recent cabin pictures of 4R-ALA from the below link. Does these seats were fitted on it very recently ? it has IFE and good cabin.

Hi Rahal,

4R-ALB returned back to service yesterday - after it's spent 2/3 months in maintenance. Does it have now the new cabin and seats ?
                  I fly cmb to Doha 4R-ALA landing was so bad the aircraft was too noisy and shaky while landing I guess the aircraft is too old that's why..business class seats are comfortable

Comment

• Originally posted by janhongladarom View Post
                    SriLankan Airlines splits Bangkok / Guangzhou operation

By Jim Liu  Twitter  LinkedIn

Posted 16 May 2017 08:00

Share this article
                     Twitter
                     Facebook
                     LinkedIn
                     Google+

SriLankan Airlines in latest schedule update filed additional changes for flights to Bangkok and Guangzhou. Subject to Government Approval, existing 4 weekly Colombo – Bangkok – Guangzhou A330-200/-300 service will become 1 daily Colombo – Guangzhou, operated by A321 from 15JUL17.

UL880 CMB1410 – 2230CAN 321 235
                    UL880 CMB1440 – 2300CAN 321 7
                    UL880 CMB1705 – 0125+1CAN 321 146

UL881 CAN0200 – 0500CMB 321 x257
                    UL881 CAN0300 – 0600CMB 321 257

With this latest adjustment, Colombo – Bangkok sector will see frequency increase from 14 to 21 weekly, instead of previously listed 25. Previously reported, the oneWorld member is also splitting existing Colombo – Bangkok – Hong Kong service, where Hong Kong will receive 5 weekly A321 nonstop service, from 15JUL17.
                    It's not good for passengers point of view. UL A321 cabin is not suitable to do 5+ hours. Even UL402 (CMB-BKK) flight is not suitable to fly with A321 (only operated by 4R-ABR & 4R-ABQ) equipment imo. The seats are too narrow, it vibrates and noisy compared to A330s and the entertainment system sucks. I always take UL882 or UL890 (which is operated by A332 or A333) over UL402 at any cost. I think other airlines will benefit if they use A321 for high dense Asian routes.

Comment

Hi Haleef,

Hi Rahal,

Yes, it had these seats. I totally hated the experience on this aircraft. I think I got 23H and 23K. The whole flight I was nauseous, and the headrests were like keeping the head on rocks. 4R-ALC had far more comfortable seats than 4R-ALA, and I had kind of a peaceful experience on it on UL364 to CGK (flight was almost empty as well..).
                      Haleef Ismail
                      www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

Hi Haleef,

Hi Rahal,

Hello,

It was a regular heavy maintenance C check, not a cabin modification... therefore seats or the configurations havent been changed.

Comment

• A321neo SriLankan 4R-ANC by Tobias Gudat, auf Flickr

Comment

• So, um, what is happening with 4R-ANC, first A321neo? No news nor no flight information. Still awaiting engine installation? Is it still facing that Pratt and Whitney engine problem or so? What's happening with 4R-AND as well, 2nd A321neo?
                            Haleef Ismail

Comment

• Originally posted by XFW-Spotter View Post
                              Oh wow, what a coincidence! I just posted a question regarding the A321neo, and here is the first picture with engines
                              Haleef Ismail

Comment

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
                                Oh wow, what a coincidence! I just posted a question regarding the A321neo, and here is the first picture with engines
                                @Haleef just in time, I was to fast for your qzestion with the pic :-)

Last week should be done test
                                Was nothing, I think this week

testflight with P&W engines from A321neo for Air Astana and China Southern was OK

Comment

Working...
                                X