Sri Lanka Aviation

News Headlines..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 425 of 469 FirstFirst ... 325 375 415 423 424 425 426 427 435 ... LastLast
Results 8,481 to 8,500 of 9379
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendib View Post

Does this mean that UL will fly CMB-AMD with a stopover in VTZ?

Also - Can anyone tell me the reason why UL stopped flying to CCJ? (And, is there any plan to restart flying to CCJ?).

Quote Originally Posted by CSButterflyeffect View Post
    don't know about the lease rates, but both MRD and MRE will be acquired by UL and fly around another 2 years or so.

Isn't it a bit strange that MRD and MRE are still being flown to major Indian airports that have a lot of transit traffic? Since lots of passengers from Europe and N. America (who are full-fare paying passengers) connect to UL in BOM, DEL and MAA, it seems a bit unfair to fly those passengers in aircraft that are still configured as Low Cost Carrier aircraft. However, if MRD and MRE will be reconfigured to UL standards, soon, then all will be fine.

When is UL bound to receive it's next A320neo (4R-ANB). With this addition UL should take measures to phase out the older A320's. (4R-ABL,ABM) They are in a such a shoddy state.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach3 View Post
    When is UL bound to receive it's next A320neo (4R-ANB). With this addition UL should take measures to phase out the older A320's. (4R-ABL,ABM) They are in a such a shoddy state.
    4R-ABM-ABP are pretty new aircraft which were delivered to UL as factory-fresh just five years ago. Lease must be not be expiring for them until 2023. I agree with 4R-ABL which is in bad state and its about to leave UL in next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by quickingleyero View Post
    Does this mean that UL will fly CMB-AMD with a stopover in VTZ?

Also - Can anyone tell me the reason why UL stopped flying to CCJ? (And, is there any plan to restart flying to CCJ?).
    CCJ was terminated in 2009 due to economy issues and aircraft leasing issues at UL. But UL was about to resume CCJ two years ago but again the route wasn't materialised even after they planned and load flight schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
    4R-ABM-ABP are pretty new aircraft which were delivered to UL as factory-fresh just five years ago. Lease must be not be expiring for them until 2023. I agree with 4R-ABL which is in bad state and its about to leave UL in next few months.
    Do you know exact date of the 4R-ANB's delivery is. Any news on our new airframe.

Do you know exact date of the 4R-ANB's delivery is. Any news on our new airframe.
    Saw MSN 7486 (4R-ANA) going to Baharain again yesterday

it was told sometime ago here that 4R-ALA is undergoing a massive C CHECK.

any idea whats up with 4R-ALC and 4R-ALJ

Quote Originally Posted by quickingleyero View Post
    Isn't it a bit strange that MRD and MRE are still being flown to major Indian airports that have a lot of transit traffic? Since lots of passengers from Europe and N. America (who are full-fare paying passengers) connect to UL in BOM, DEL and MAA, it seems a bit unfair to fly those passengers in aircraft that are still configured as Low Cost Carrier aircraft. However, if MRD and MRE will be reconfigured to UL standards, soon, then all will be fine.
    Weren't MRC and MRE reconfigured with J class when they were with MJ?

Quote Originally Posted by MalaysiaMustafa View Post
    Weren't MRC and MRE reconfigured with J class when they were with MJ?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that (of the two ex-MJ aircraft that are staying with UL), MRE still has an all-Economy configuration (with narrower seats and smaller spaces, compared to the Economy cabins in the other 320s in UL's fleet). And, even though MRD does have a Business class section, it has a much more cramped configuration with regards to both classes (compared to the other 321s in UL's fleet).
    Last edited by quickingleyero; 19-03-2017 at 03:21 PM.

We can expect her in Colombo around 5th Apr. Today its completed its first test flight. Two more acceptance flights are to be carried out before end of the month.

Folks,

Any idea about the exact delivery date of 4R-ANB ?

SriLankan Airlines have plans to increase operational frequency for Colombo - Gan Island, Maldives service, form currently served four times a week flights to 6 weekly flights from September 17, 2017.

From October 29, 2017, the airline will operate this route 5 times a week for winter season.

Source-Colombopage

Quote Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
    I heard that SriLankan A321 (4R-MRD) will be painted in Air Ceylon livery in June/July 2017 for 70 years celebrations.
    What connection do the two carriers have? it has different IATA and ICAO codes to UL, two different airlines.
    Last edited by newsflasher; 21-03-2017 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by newsflasher View Post
    What connection do the two carriers have?
    Air Ceylon was the previous national carrier formed after independence which was grossly mismanaged and was bankrupt. It was shut down in 1979 with the creation of Air Lanka (which was renamed to SriLankan in the late 90s with the EK takeover and rebranding)

Quote Originally Posted by Cayman View Post
    I see no reason why an airline on life support waiting for the plug to be pulled spend money on retro livery.

From an aviation enthusiasts point, yes, I get the urge, but once you take a pragmatic view of it, it was never like both Air Ceylon and Air Lanka were the proud achievements of the nation to celebrate.

Under both guises they just burned through the precious little money the country had, which otherwise would have been spent on programs that would have been beneficial to masses.
    Air Lanka livery would make better sense, Air Ceylon was a different airline not a rebrand.

Quote Originally Posted by 4R-ALA View Post
    it was told sometime ago here that 4R-ALA is undergoing a massive C CHECK.

any idea whats up with 4R-ALC and 4R-ALJ
    4R-ALC is flying.

Rahalroxz, Haleef - Any idea what's up with 4R-ALJ ?

When is VCBI's runway resurfacing ending. Now that a lot of news and media are saying that it will be finishing before schedule but they are saying various dates so anyone know the exact date.

And also will we see Airbus A380-800 after the new runway is opened. It must be feasible for a airline like EK who are already operating 4 if not 5 flights per day on the regular schedule.