Sri Lanka Aviation
Mobile View

News Headlines..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 424 of 476 FirstFirst ... 324 374 414 422 423 424 425 426 434 474 ... LastLast
Results 8,461 to 8,480 of 9504
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayman View Post
    I see no reason why an airline on life support waiting for the plug to be pulled spend money on retro livery.

From an aviation enthusiasts point, yes, I get the urge, but once you take a pragmatic view of it, it was never like both Air Ceylon and Air Lanka were the proud achievements of the nation to celebrate.

Under both guises they just burned through the precious little money the country had, which otherwise would have been spent on programs that would have been beneficial to masses.
    Agree , with your point 100 % about not wasting money , but the management of UL is well known for their extravagant wasteful expenditure.So might as well do that retro and give us something that is nice to look at. (unlike the Motuwas on the current logo ).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ULA340 View Post
    Beyond the Indian community in Colombo. Colombo South (Bambalapitiya, Wellawatte, Dehiwala, Mount Lavinia and Soysapura) has a significant Sri Lankan Tamil population. So it's better, if they can use that opportunity to cater them with some south Indian cities especially like MAA (Chennai). They can ask Air India Express, SpiceJet or Jet Airways since all of them have regional aircrafts which can be landed at RML.

Good move of converting RML to a regional airport.
    Yes I agree, however it could only be SpiceJet, Air India and Jet Airways that could operate to India from Ratmalana since they are the only international airlines in India that operate turboprops
    IX has a fleet of 737's so it would not be able to land at RML

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
    Thanks. Did you mean only 3 times per week? I thought Maldivian is going to operate 3 Daily flights. Could you post the flight schedule as well please.
    Well I'm pretty confused myself, one source reported that the above would be scheduled thrice a week and another source reported that it would be operational on a daily basis

Was planing on taking the innagral flight to Male, however due to the breakout of H1N1 in Male,I won't be traveling as planned. Would probably fly to IXM if so AI commence operations

Quote Originally Posted by Cayman View Post
    So, which ex-Mihin Airbus is in neutral livery (white paint)?
    4R-MRD (A321) & 4R-MRE (A320) are the ex-Mihin Aibus are in currently in service with UL in white livery.

Quote Originally Posted by MalaysiaMustafa View Post
    Sri Lankan Airlines proposes to operate Coimbatore-Colombo flights from July 15

Source : http://m.timesofindia.com/city/coimb...w/57672437.cms
    SriLankan Airlines used to operate four weekly A320 and once a weekly AN12F to Coimbatore in 2007. Unfortunately SriLankan discontinued the Coimbatore route along with other Indian destinations such as Goa, Hyderabad, Kozhikode etc... due to economy and aircraft leasing issues in 2009. Do you think Coimbatore route currently have good passenger and cargo demand for SriLankan?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaqib View Post
    Yes I agree, however it could only be SpiceJet, Air India and Jet Airways that could operate to India from Ratmalana since they are the only international airlines in India that operate turboprops
    IX has a fleet of 737's so it would not be able to land at RML
    Thanks for the clarification. Air India Regional (CD) can operate with ATR72 I guess.

4R-MRD (A321) & 4R-MRE (A320) are the ex-Mihin Aibus are in currently in service with UL in white livery.
    Thanks banu.

Blog Entries

Malindo Air to increase frequency on the CMB-KUL-CMB sector

Malaysian/Indonesian Hybrid LCC Malindo Air is to being another scheduled frequency connecting the Capital of Malaysia with the Capital of Sri Lanka

Was just checking out fares fro June and noticed that OD would be operating new flights in the near future OD 187 and OD 188 respectively

Looks like wed be seeing more 737's at CMB soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaqib View Post
    Malaysian/Indonesian Hybrid LCC Malindo Air is to being another scheduled frequency connecting the Capital of Malaysia with the Capital of Sri Lanka

Was just checking out fares fro June and noticed that OD would be operating new flights in the near future OD 187 and OD 188 respectively

Looks like wed be seeing more 737's at CMB soon!
    Thanks for the update! I checked the GDS after I see your forum post. Yes, Malindo is going to increase the Colombo frequency from Daily to Ten weekly effective 1st week of April 2017. New three flights are operating during day time and the days of operation are Monday, Friday and Sundays. Flight Schedule: KUL-CMB-07:45-09:45|CMB-KUL-10:45-17:05-OD187/188.

SriLankan Airlines used to operate four weekly A320 and once a weekly AN12F to Coimbatore in 2007. Unfortunately SriLankan discontinued the Coimbatore route along with other Indian destinations such as Goa, Hyderabad, Kozhikode etc... due to economy and aircraft leasing issues in 2009. Do you think Coimbatore route currently have good passenger and cargo demand for SriLankan?
    4x weekly should definitely do fine. Cargo is huge in that area especially Textile products. I believe they will surely scale it up to daily just like how they did it with IXM

Alliance Air’s Bengaluru-Colombo flight to take a stopover at Madurai

Alliance Air, a wholly owned subsidiary of Air India, will soon be operating a flight from Bangalore to Colombo via Madurai, according to Air India’s regional director, southern region, Captain S Arulmani.

Speaking to Express at a function organised to honour top travel agents of Chennai who have achieved high sales and helped Air India grow further on late Friday night, he said schedules are being planned in this regard.

He said Alliance Air has planned to operate the Colombo flight from Madurai as it was along the expectations of the travelling public.
    Source

Alliance Air’s Bengaluru-Colombo flight to take a stopover at Madurai

Source
    Good news ! Is Alliance Air's first international route ? If I am not mistaken they operate only ATR72. I heard that Sri Lanka is in talks with Air India regarding connecting IXM with Colombo's city airport "Ratmalana". Are they planning to fly BLR-IXM-RML or BLR-IXM-CMB ?

Mahan Air A310

Hi folks

Today I spot a Mahan air A310 is that a regular schedule flight or something else

Good news ! Is Alliance Air's first international route ? If I am not mistaken they operate only ATR72. I heard that Sri Lanka is in talks with Air India regarding connecting IXM with Colombo's city airport "Ratmalana". Are they planning to fly BLR-IXM-RML or BLR-IXM-CMB ?
    Yes. They have ATR42 and ATR72. Probably ATR72 will be operated. No idea about whether it will be CMB or RML.

SriLankan Airlines to open three new routes in India from July this year

SriLankan Airlines, the national carrier of Sri Lanka, will add three new routes to its scheduled operations in India by July this year. The new cities to join the SriLankan route network are Hyderabad, Visakhapatnam and Coimbatore. With the opening of these new routes, the weekly frequencies of SriLankan between India and Colombo will go up from the present 107 to 130. Besides these, the airline is also keen to increase their existing frequencies to metro cities like Mumbai, Delhi and Kolkata.

Speaking to the media on the sidelines of a function which the airline organised to honour trade partners here in Delhi, Siva Ramachandran, Chief Commercial Officer of SriLankan Airlines, said that they have had substantial growth in traffic in recent years and see potential for further growth. “Our overall load factor on Indian routes is close to 80%. While on some routes it is close to 90%, it is not less than 70% on any of the Indian routes,” he said.

The new fleet acquisition will help the airline in its route expansion in coming months, said Ramachandran. SriLankan has added new Airbus 320neo aircraft into its fleet early this month and another one will be joining by month end. By July, two more A-321neo’s will be inducted into their fleet, he added.

Besides the new routes to India, SriLankan will also start operations to Melbourne in Australia towards the last quarter of this year.

When asked about the stake-sale in the airline by the Sri Lankan government, the airline CCO said that the government is well on its way on “partially privatizing” the carrier with 49% private stake and 100% management rights. From the bidding process, an American investment company has been shortlisted. “We expect the process to be completed by the last quarter of this year,” he said.

The airline is also in the process of delinking the MRO business and converting it into a “separate business,” as part of MRO business expansion. “We have the expertise and skilled technical expertise to expand that business,” he said, adding, “We only needs more hangar space.”
    Source

Quote Originally Posted by Azamh View Post
    Hi folks

Today I spot a Mahan air A310 is that a regular schedule flight or something else
    Seasonal. Any pic?

SriLankan Airlines to open three new routes in India from July this year

Source
    What about Ahmedabad?

http://www.newxtrend.com/aviation/sr...bo-april-2017/

Quote Originally Posted by Serendib View Post

Does this mean that UL will fly CMB-AMD with a stopover in VTZ?

Also - Can anyone tell me the reason why UL stopped flying to CCJ? (And, is there any plan to restart flying to CCJ?).

Quote Originally Posted by CSButterflyeffect View Post
    don't know about the lease rates, but both MRD and MRE will be acquired by UL and fly around another 2 years or so.

Isn't it a bit strange that MRD and MRE are still being flown to major Indian airports that have a lot of transit traffic? Since lots of passengers from Europe and N. America (who are full-fare paying passengers) connect to UL in BOM, DEL and MAA, it seems a bit unfair to fly those passengers in aircraft that are still configured as Low Cost Carrier aircraft. However, if MRD and MRE will be reconfigured to UL standards, soon, then all will be fine.

When is UL bound to receive it's next A320neo (4R-ANB). With this addition UL should take measures to phase out the older A320's. (4R-ABL,ABM) They are in a such a shoddy state.