This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cayman View Post

A lemon is a lemon and it gets what it gets.
     A flight deck director signals to a newly-ordered Sri Lankan Airlines A320neo plane at Bandaranaike International Airport in Katunayake - Reuters/Dinuka Liyanawatte   Debt-ridden airline to sell maximum 49%, seeks partner Earlier bids not enough: Finance Minister TPG, BlackRock Inc among the earlier bidders  Reuters: Sri Lanka is ..

LMAO it reminds me of Apprentice (US) Season 1 Episode 1 - Lemonade stand...where one contestant was trying to sell a cup of lemonade $1000

Here is some insight...There is power struggle between Ravi and Kabir...both are fairly educated one is an accountant and the other has a Master's degree from U of Colombo. One appoints directors to company and the other is not happy

One day I was speaking with one of them & I could see even he know that only solution for this closing down...technically this is not viable he know that...one of his adviser were to quip well 7000 cannot hold country to hostage...I had a smile back in my head so why don't you do something about it...unfortunately Sri Lankan politics does not allow correct thing take place. So every one is there to make money

Comment

• Originally posted by RAHALROXZ View Post
      hi banuthev,

4R-ALA is undergoing a major C check
      Here she is
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Serendib; 02-03-2017, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• I heard that induction check for 4R-ANA is scheduled to complete today. Any idea when does UL is planning to put 4R-ANA in service for 1st Revenue Flight for UL ?

Comment

• As per flightradar24 4R-ALN did yesterdays scheduled UL184 KHI/CMB.
          Therefore its already in CMB since 2 march

Comment

• Originally posted by 4R-ALA View Post
            As per flightradar24 4R-ALN did yesterdays scheduled UL184 KHI/CMB.
            Therefore its already in CMB since 2 march
            Hope she is in UL scheme now ?
            ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
              Hope she is in UL scheme now ?
              Yes, 4R-ALN has been painted in UL scheme now.

SL Gov has decided not to do further sub-leasing on UL's Airbus A330-300s and they have decided to send 3 Airbus A330-200s back to lessor this year. Most probably 4R-ALA, ALB, & ALC would leave the fleet by end of this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                Yes, 4R-ALN has been painted in UL scheme now.

SL Gov has decided not to do further sub-leasing on UL's Airbus A330-300s and they have decided to send 3 Airbus A330-200s back to lessor this year. Most probably 4R-ALA, ALB, & ALC would leave the fleet by end of this year.
                Thats good news Banu. Hoping to see some new pics... Also will there be any replacements for ALA, B & C
                ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
                  Thats good news Banu. Hoping to see some new pics... Also will there be any replacements for ALA, B & C
                  SriLankan is returning 4 x A320 family aircraft (MRC, MRF, ABK, ABL) and 3 x A332 (ALA, ALB, ALC) back to lessor this year.

But SriLankan has taken 1 x A320neo last week and going to take 1 x A320neo and 3 x A321neo this year and 1 x A321neo in early 2018. So their fleet is not going to be severely affected due to lease return of those 3 x A332s.

From my understanding this is a forecast for aircraft fleet for SriLankan Airlines for next four years. Please check the below forecast which was prepared by myself in the curiosity to know status of UL fleet for next four years. I feel that the dry-lease of MRD & MRE have been extended for next 6 years following the agreement with Aercap for UL cancelling the A350 leases. None of the Aercap's A330-200 leases have been extended. Please correct me if i'm wrong.

forcast

Comment

• Here comes the cat out of the bag...

The SriLankan Airlines Nidahas Sevaka Sangamaya (SLNSS) branch said that they would resort to Trade Union action if they are not updated as to the latest developments on the sale of SriLankan Airlines and that they be given an appointment to meet President Maithripala Sirisena. SLNSS president Janaka Wijayapathiratne told the Daily News that they want this meeting with the President because conflicting messages are being given by Ministers and top decision makers of SriLankan Airlines.

this is what happens when ground handling is handed to a single government entity...the current government knew this issue for last 2 years (this is one of the reason they cannot close this loss making airline and every time pumping taxpayers money for life support) and it is very unfortunate they did not bring in dnata, swissport, SATS (they should have de monopolise the ground handling)...and one of the advisors quip..."7000 holding country to hostage"...it is still not late to give training the SLAF personals just in case for emergency ground handling activity...that's what Gota would have done.

They should break up UL, CPC and AASL the same way Government control on Telecommunication industry was deregulated in early 1990 and accelerated in mid 2000. One of the key architect of this deregulation of that industry is none other than Canadian Educated Sri Lankan Prof Rohan Samarajiva. Deregulation of the Aviation industry Sri Lanka is well overdue...which results in Sri Lanka is one of the expensive countries to visit by air and with very limited choices. Sri Lanka also deregulated the shipping industry which resulted in one of the best ports in South Asia
                    Last edited by Speedbird; 04-03-2017, 01:51 AM.

Comment

• QR has started flying A350 to Colombo

Comment

• Originally posted by Azamh View Post
                        QR has started flying A350 to Colombo
                        Good News ! How did you find out ? I can see on FR24 , A7-ALB (A359) scheduled to operate DOH-CMB today as QR664 ?Arrival time is 3:40am on the 5-Mar-2017.
                        Attached Files

Comment

• 4R-ALN is now flying for UL - performing todays UL229/30 to KWI

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                            Good News ! How did you find out ? I can see on FR24 , A7-ALB (A359) scheduled to operate DOH-CMB today as QR664 ?Arrival time is 3:40am on the 5-Mar-2017.
                            no. it's A332
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by djbeen-wings View Post
                              no. it's A332
                              must be some issue with Flightradar24. A350 isn't coming to CMB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach3 View Post
                                Pics aside. Was this plane purchased clean with transparency of whom the agents from all three parties are. Or is this plane just another example of srilankan's A330-300,in which the plane itself was purchased at an inflated base price just so that some high officials gets there wallets filled thus burdening the tax payer in the process.
                                Does anyone have the details of the price tags, lease rates etc of these planes.
                                I hope the below article helps

Comment

Working...
                                X