This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
    You sure it will be here on the 26th? Because someone in the airline told me 27th :/
    yup arrival to cmb is scheduled on 26th..
    Last edited by CSButterflyeffect; 17-02-2017, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
      Hi Rahal, When does UL going to return 4R-ABL, MRD, MRE, ALA, ALB, ALC, ALD, ALH and ALJ back to lessor ? Are you guys receiving training on handling neo engines for upcoming A320neo/A321neo fleet?

MRD and MRE will not be returned but will inducted to UL fleet. ABL will be returned may be during last months this year.
      Last edited by CSButterflyeffect; 17-02-2017, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• Sri Lanka's flag carrier airline named "Best Airline in South Asia'

Comment

• Originally posted by CSButterflyeffect View Post
          Am i correct to guess , both the 4R-ANA and 4R-ANB (A320neos) are replacing 4R-MRC and 4R-MRF in the SriLankan Airlines fleet this year ? Its because SL gov actually ordered two A320neos to replace Mihin Lanka Fleet.

Eventually 4R-MRC and 4R-MRF were added to SriLankan fleet later on.

Comment

MRD and MRE will not be returned but will inducted to UL fleet. ABL will be returned may be during last months this year.
            Are the 4R-MRD and 4R-MRE on 6 years lease in Sri Lanka ? both of them were added to the fleet in 2012. So that means they are leaving the fleet in mid-2018 ?

Any idea when does UL planning to paint and refurbish the cabins of 4R-MRD and 4R-MRE as SriLankan Airlines ?

4R-ABQ and 4R-ABR were joined the fleet in 2014. In that case they are leaving Sri Lanka in 2020 ?

Comment

Awesome!!
              Haleef Ismail
              www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• Hi

In case if a air craft fail both the engines Middle of ocean how can they handle? Like next airport is after 2000 km

Comment

• Good luck getting rid of any of the Management - they are all protected at the highest level.
                  Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Originally posted by ejanson65 View Post
                    https://www.colombotelegraph.com/ind...strial-action/

Good luck getting rid of any of the Management - they are all protected at the highest level.
                    SriLankan Airlines 2016/17; No Significant Saving In Procurement & Fees Paid To Service Providers?

Comment

• @ Cayman...I hope you noticed the difference between Crew Expenses and Employee Cost

I also did a quick calculation on the labor cost
                      i.e. Employ. Cost + Crew Expenses/(7000*12)
                      7000 # of Employ.
                      12 # of Month

it is averaging around SLR 265K per Employee per month...(There is no saving in labour cost there)

^^^this is one of the factors why the yield is low

I may be wrong this is significant cost...If the oil price goes up by $10 - 15...I wonder what would happen to the bottom line...

Comment

• Originally posted by Azamh View Post
                        Hi

In case if a air craft fail both the engines Middle of ocean how can they handle? Like next airport is after 2000 km
                        Well, as i know when in a doul engine failure the aircraft begins to glide. A 747-200 can glide 150 km without engines. Then the RAT will be deployed automatically to supply electricity to essential instruments.

I think that they are not planning the flight keeping alternate airports in such a distance (2000km). Flight route planning has to be done keeping the relavant distance to alternate airports in case of emergency.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandaru View Post
                          Well, as i know when in a doul engine failure the aircraft begins to glide. A 747-200 can glide 150 km without engines. Then the RAT will be deployed automatically to supply electricity to essential instruments.

I think that they are not planning the flight keeping alternate airports in such a distance (2000km). Flight route planning has to be done keeping the relavant distance to alternate airports in case of emergency.
                          just a thought

ETOPS approval for A350XWB is 370min...i.e.diversion time of 5hrs and 10min on a single engine

@500knot distance is approx 2500nm

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
                            @ Cayman...I hope you noticed the difference between Crew Expenses and Employee Cost

I also did a quick calculation on the labor cost
                            i.e. Employ. Cost + Crew Expenses/(7000*12)
                            7000 # of Employ.
                            12 # of Month

it is averaging around SLR 265K per Employee per month...(There is no saving in labour cost there)

^^^this is one of the factors why the yield is low

I may be wrong this is significant cost...If the oil price goes up by $10 - 15...I wonder what would happen to the bottom line...
                            Yes, I agree that the crew costs as well as the average cost per employee is quite high for SL.

What I would like to see is the break down of costs between the flight crew and the cabin crew. As mentioned earlier, there is not much that can be done to curtail the flight deck crew given their very high job portability, but cabin crew expenses must be brought down significantly.

It is a crime to pay such huge sums for a low skilled job, when the country's financials are in such dire straits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandaru View Post

While the glide distance vary heavily on external factors as well ad the L/D ratio of the aircraft, a rough estimate is that a modern jetliner could glide up to a 100nm from typical cruise (ie FL350 or so).

While extremely rare, in the event of a dual flame out, that is the typical distance the flight crew will have in hand to work with.

ETOPS rating refers to the maximum duration a single engine operation is sanctioned, in the event of a single engine flame out.

As for keeping the flight deck (EFIS) powered up I think the sequence is: Engine 1-->Engine 2---> APU---> Battery backup---> RAT

Comment

• MH179 en route to CMB made a turn back to KLIA due to technical problems.

Malaysia Airlines said the aircraft, which departed from KLIA at 10.10pm on Thursday, was forced to turn back when its auxiliary power unit (APU) was unable to start.

“The aircraft landed uneventfully at 1.50am today, (yesterday)” it said in a statement.

The APU is a backup power unit that is required to be switched on when an aircraft crosses over water.

PUTRAJAYA: Malaysia Airlines (MAS) Flight MH179 en route to Colombo made a turn back to Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) due to technical problems. Malaysia Airlines said the aircraft, which departed from KLIA at 10.10pm on Thursday, was forced to turn back when its auxiliary power unit

Comment

Working...
                                X