This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sri Lanka's Lotus Air eyes 3Q18 launch

Logo of Lotus Air (Sri Lanka) Logo of Lotus Air (Sri Lanka) © Lotus Air (Sri Lanka)
    01DEC2017
    Lotus Air (Sri Lanka) (Colombo Int'l) is a start-up looking to commence domestic flights around Sri Lanka as well as regionally, in 2018.

The project is a joint-venture between California-based Ambassador Air Group International LLC (AAGI) and a local Sri Lankan carrier.

AAGI managing director Scott Robinson told the Ceylon Today newspaper that LotusAir would commence operations during the third quarter of 2018.

Backed by USD100 million in start-up capital, Lotus Air will serve twelve towns around Sri Lanka, including Colombo Ratmalana, Mattala, Palali, Sigiriya, Katharagama and Trincomalee China Bay, before expanding to India and the Maldives.

Robinson did not specify what fleet type would be used.

According to the ch-aviation schedules module, Cinnamon Air (C7, Colombo Int'l) currently offers extensive coverage of the domestic Sri Lankan market serving ten towns around the island with a fleet of Cessna (single turboprop) (Grand) Caravan (Amphibians).

Comment

• Originally posted by LankaXWB View Post
      Logo of Lotus Air (Sri Lanka) Logo of Lotus Air (Sri Lanka) © Lotus Air (Sri Lanka)
      01DEC2017
      Lotus Air (Sri Lanka) (Colombo Int'l) is a start-up looking to commence domestic flights around Sri Lanka as well as regionally, in 2018.

The project is a joint-venture between California-based Ambassador Air Group International LLC (AAGI) and a local Sri Lankan carrier.

Finally Domestic Competition! Hope to see the end of C7's Domestic Monopoly, better domestic connectivity and a reduction of domestic airfares in the near future
      What aircraft would Lotus Air opt for? I really hope they don't operate Cessnas, they'd be better off going for Turboprops with higher density seating. Would it feasible to acquire Bombardier Dash-8 Q300's/ Q200's for domestic rotations?
      Last edited by Aaqib; 04-12-2017, 04:24 PM.
      -Aaqib Hussain
      (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
      www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

• Originally posted by channa View Post
        http://bizenglish.adaderana.lk/edelw...h-and-colombo/

Edelweiss Air from Switzerland is planning seasonal flights between CMB and ZRH starting from 2018 November. Hope that more European carriers flying to Srilanka next year like Lufthansa, Air France
        I remember the days Edelweiss Air served ZRH-CMB via MLE in the past.

It's a good news Edelweiss is coming back to Colombo ! that's two weekly nonstop flights effective 3 Nov 2018 !

What's the good reason European Airlines have started coming to Sri Lanka ? does the pax-yield to Sri Lanka getting better ?

Edelweiss flight timetable Nov 2018

ZRH-CMB - Thursdays - WK64 - A343 - 17:55 - 08:20 + 1 - Nonstop
        ZRH-CMB - Saturdays - WK64 - A343 - 21:05 - 11:30 + 1 - Nonstop

CMB-ZRH - Fridays - WK65 - A343 - 10:05 - 16:35 - Nonstop
        CMB-ZRH - Sundays - WK65 - A343 - 13:15 - 19:45 - Nonstop

Comment

• Recently fly on Srilankan A320 4R ABL from dhk to cmb , no in flight entertainment system available in this aircraft .Not good for a 03 hours journey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
            Finally Domestic Competition! Hope to see the end of C7's Domestic Monopoly, better domestic connectivity and a reduction of domestic airfares in the near future
            What aircraft would Lotus Air opt for? I really hope they don't operate Cessnas, they'd be better off going for Turboprops with higher density seating. Would it feasible to acquire Bombardier Dash-8 Q300's/ Q200's for domestic rotations?
            Well I would suggest the first thing to do would be to do some research into these people.

10 minutes of searching gives plenty of "Red Flags". Nothing indicates that these people have $100 million - looks more like a Peace Air to me.

The company website is a vague collection of claims. Several of the listed people were involved with MEGA Maldives - enough said.

Not to mention it is impossible to do legitimate business in the Corrupt, Lawless Failed State of Sri Lanka.

My analysis:- Extremely unlikely and a good chance of being some kind of scam,.
            Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• 4R-ANE airborne now as UL193... Looks like she had her first revenue flight last night as UL109.

https://fr24.com/ALK193/fc249f9

Comment

• The fate of the ailing national carrier, Sri Lankan Airlines, will be decided soon as the airline has now become a litmus test for the government to prove its commitment towards restructuring of loss making state-owned enterprises (SOEs)—one of the key conditions of the ongoing three-year programme Sri Lanka has with the International Monetary Fund (IMF).  ..

As expected the IMF has given the GOSL the choice between closing down the Airline or closing down the country.

I see they've also expressed concern about the health of the banks that have lent money to UL. ( TIP:- Get your money out of these banks ASAP ). More losses for the taxpayers coming up. Taxpayers will have to eat these loans.

Not sure why they are talking about restructuring - there's nothing to restructure.

- 12 year leases at above market rates with no termination clause is the main reason for the increased losses. No way out.
                - 4 A350 still to be paid for. Looks like another contract with no termination clause. No way out.
                - Under the current leasing arrangements more aircraft = more losses. Still more aircraft coming. No way out.

Even the local papers are playing along with the fantasy that there are still options.

When you read about the GOSL giving "letters of comfort" what that means is that the people of Sri Lanka are liable for the losses.

It's not all bad - some people have made $$ Millions. Others have a nice cushy job with a huge salary and bonuses for doing absolutely nothing.

I'm surprised it's lasted this long.
                Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Originally posted by ejanson65 View Post
                  http://www.dailymirror.lk/article/Sr...g--141814.html

As expected the IMF has given the GOSL the choice between closing down the Airline or closing down the country.

I see they've also expressed concern about the health of the banks that have lent money to UL. ( TIP:- Get your money out of these banks ASAP ). More losses for the taxpayers coming up. Taxpayers will have to eat these loans.

Not sure why they are talking about restructuring - there's nothing to restructure.

- 12 year leases at above market rates with no termination clause is the main reason for the increased losses. No way out.
                  - 4 A350 still to be paid for. Looks like another contract with no termination clause. No way out.
                  - Under the current leasing arrangements more aircraft = more losses. Still more aircraft coming. No way out.

Even the local papers are playing along with the fantasy that there are still options.

When you read about the GOSL giving "letters of comfort" what that means is that the people of Sri Lanka are liable for the losses.

It's not all bad - some people have made $$ Millions. Others have a nice cushy job with a huge salary and bonuses for doing absolutely nothing.

I'm surprised it's lasted this long.
                  Dear Mr.Janson,
                  Please keep your hatred only towards the airline and skip your comments about the country. Being a former employee of UL(crew scheduling), I know your story which can justify your hatred. But you too are partly responsible for your fate. So please know your limit and I am extremely sorry if I offended you.

Comment

• Originally posted by leyland View Post
                    4R-ANE airborne now as UL193... Looks like she had her first revenue flight last night as UL109.

https://fr24.com/ALK193/fc249f9
                    A Friend just flew in from BKK on ANE. Great aircraft, although maintenance was below par. Seats , tray table and cup holders were stained and dirty. The crew claimed that it was an "old aircraft"!!
                    More like a few weeks old!
                    -Aaqib Hussain
                    (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
                    www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

• A Aviastar-TU cargo airline Tupolev Tu-204-100C took off from CMB. A Tupolev finally in SL airspace!

Comment

• Sri Lanka and the US signed an agreement to amend the US-Sri Lanka Open Skies Agreement of 2002 to facilitate the movement of cargo goods more efficiently and profitably,” the US Embassy said recently.

The Embassy said the amendment strengthens global express delivery cargo networks, enhances bilateral connectivity and competitiveness, and facilitates economic growth and job creation.

Sri Lanka and the US signed an agreement to amend the US-Sri Lanka Open Skies Agreement of 2002 to facilitate the movement of cargo goods more efficiently and profitably,” the US Embassy said today.   ..

Comment

• Originally posted by SpeedbirdFlyer View Post
                          Dear Mr.Janson,
                          Please keep your hatred only towards the airline and skip your comments about the country. Being a former employee of UL(crew scheduling), I know your story which can justify your hatred. But you too are partly responsible for your fate. So please know your limit and I am extremely sorry if I offended you.
                          Thank you brother. You made my day with this post.

Comment

Dear Mr.Janson,
                            Finally

Comment

Dear Mr.Janson,
                              This is an open forum and everyone has the right for their opinion; there are no censorship in internet...and if you do not like what is been said...you are most welcome to move on...

There is nothing wrong on Captain Janson statement read below

Last edited by Speedbird; 11-12-2017, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Dear Mr.Janson,
                                You didn't offend me - you have every right to post your views.

The correct word is anger - at the sorry state of UL and by extension the country. Things should never have been allowed to get to this point.

There's no hatred from me towards ordinary UL Staff who are trying to the best they can under impossible conditions.

I'd like to know how I am partly responsible for my own fate as none of the UL managers involved have ever responded to my e-mails for clarification. I have also never been accused of any wrongdoing. My record at UL speaks for itself - I have nothing to defend.

Perhaps a better question is why aren't some of you angry with the current state of affairs?

And a second question - what is wrong with exposing the truth?

Comment

Working...
                                X