X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ctpesk View Post
    Hi Guys,

this is to let you know i have seen the SriLankan A321 NEO outside at XFW fully painted today.

Tail is wearing "NA". No engines fitted yet.

Unfortunately there was no chance for a photo, but you shall see one soon on the "usual" channels i'm sure.

All the Best
    Stefan
    so 4R-ANA is a A321N not a A320N?

Comment

• Cinnamon Air Seaplane Accident

https://www.facebook.com/aerochapter...8611416830496/
      ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• SriLankan Airlines to fly Ahmedabad and Vizag from April 2017.

Are they profitable destinations for SriLankan?

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
          SriLankan Airlines to fly Ahmedabad and Vizag from April 2017.

Are they profitable destinations for SriLankan?
          UL needs to increase capacity to Madurai & Kolkata before launching new destinations.

Double Daily to Madurai & Daily to Kolkata is necessary due to the growing demand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Max View Post
            UL needs to increase capacity to Madurai & Kolkata before launching new destinations.

Double Daily to Madurai & Daily to Kolkata is necessary due to the growing demand.
            Agreed! UL Should Definitely boost services to IXM and CCU not forgetting BLR which too yields a high demand.
            However at this point considerations of operating 3-4 Weekly flights Goa (GOI) and Hyderabad (HYD) should be on the cards instead of Visakhapatnam (VTZ) and Ahmedabad (AMD)

Anyone aware on how the CMB-GAN Sector is doing?
            -Aaqib Hussain
            (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
            www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

They will need more narrow body equipment too.

Comment

They cannot operate more than a single daily to IXM, because bilateral agreement doesn't allow that.

Comment

• SriLankan Airlines is going to increase the frequency of flights to Delhi & Mumbai from Daily to 11 weekly , effective July 2017.

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
                    They will need more narrow body equipment too.
                    Two A320neo are replacing 4R-MRC & 4R-MRF by March 2017
                    Four A321neo are replacing 4R-ABK, 4R-ABL, 4R-ABQ & 4R-ABR by January 2018

As far as I know SriLankan is not ordering any additional aircraft to the fleet as of now. Things may change with a new partner.

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
                      Wondering if their behind the schedule? It was meant to be getting a new paint job last week.

No idea... Saw a pic of MRD inside the B747 hangar, and I asked the photographer, he stated that it was taken somewhere during the past week. I don't think they will repaint it in Air Ceylon colours. Was this a rumor or was it confirmed that it is going to be painted in Air Ceylon scheme?
                      Haleef Ismail
                      www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
                        No idea... Saw a pic of MRD inside the B747 hangar, and I asked the photographer, he stated that it was taken somewhere during the past week. I don't think they will repaint it in Air Ceylon colours. Was this a rumor or was it confirmed that it is going to be painted in Air Ceylon scheme?
                        It was one of my friends who told me that. Rumor... So that is off the window then...
                        ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• From Ceylon today ,

A major landmark in Sri Lanka's aviation industry was reached, when Lufthansa Consulting, the advisory arm of Germany's national carrier, Lufthansa Airlines, with a fleet strength of 450 aircraft, signed an agreement with Peace Air, an indigenous Sri Lankan company, to do the due diligence, in the latter's bid to acquire the national carrier.
                          Peace Air has signed for a due diligence and a Framework Agreement with Lufthansa Consulting, Peace Air Director Ireha Wettasinghe told Ceylon Today late Friday night.

We have US $ 5.5 billion (Euro five billion) at our disposal to buy the national carriers, SriLankan and Mihin, which will also see the Sri Lanka Rupee appreciate to around
                          Rs 112 to the dollar, Wettasinghe observed.

She added that the due diligence will take around eight weeks. "Then, we will know everything about the national carrier and its sister company, through MRO (Maintenance Repair and Overhaul), pilots, cabin crew and all that."
                          Commenting on the fleet strength of SriLankan Airlines, she said that the plan was to expand the airline to 50 aircraft first by cancelling the lease of the existing fleet of 21 aircraft.

Of the operating leases, both SriLankan Airlines and Mihin, are using Aircraft on operating lease, but SriLankan Airlines does not own a single Aircraft, albeit these leases being negotiated at very exorbitant rates.

"SriLankan Airlines is making profits daily, but the profits are going to pay for those who arranged the operating leases. These agents collect their kickbacks abroad. That is how they have bought hotels in Paris," Wettasinghe said.
                          She also explained that the national carrier was left on the brink of bankruptcy and insolvency after paying the Agents their fees and kickbacks despite the Airline having occupancy rates of between 70% and 100 % at almost all times.

Wettasinghe said that it appeared that the airline was currently overstaffed, but that would be negated when the airline buys 50 aircraft with the acquisition, as additional staff would be needed at all levels, ranging from pilots, first officers, cabin crew and ground handling staff.

"We may need to take another 1,500 aviation staff. We think that we may end up having an 8,500- strong aviation workforce. This will fortify the Airline immenselywith the Ex - Sri Lanka Air Force Maintenance Staff to be recruited as well for MRO facilities," she said.

COLUMNS

Comment

• Originally posted by Air>Ceylon View Post
                            A major landmark in Sri Lanka's aviation industry was reached, when Lufthansa Consulting, the advisory arm of Germany's national carrier, Lufthansa Airlines, with a fleet strength of 450 aircraft, signed an agreement with Peace Air, an indigenous Sri Lankan company, to do the due diligence, in the latter's bid to acquire the national carrier.
                            Peace Air has signed for a due diligence and a Framework Agreement with Lufthansa Consulting, Peace Air Director Ireha Wettasinghe told Ceylon Today late Friday night.
                            So many positive points, so many hopes, but will they really be able to do this? Do they really has strength to invest that much of money?? If yes then i see a good future for the airline.

The famous proverb came to my mind, "Do not build castles in the air"

Comment

• Originally posted by Air>Ceylon View Post
                              What's this fictional airline? Who owns it? Only found some jokes they cracked time to time since 1990s...

Comment

Working...
                              X