This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SriLankan Airlines 1st Flight to Guangzhou

SriLankan Airlines’ first flight to the Chinese city of Guangzhou took place in the early hours of Friday, January 28, 2011, expanding our global route network to 50 destinations in 31 countries. We bring you scenes at Bandaranaike International Airport moments before the flight, with religious ceremonies taking place at the Araliya Lounge. Those on board the first flight include Chairman Nishantha Wickremasinghe, several members of the Board of Directors, and members of the Senior Management Team.

Source: FB UL Crew

Comment

Originally posted by CalgaryLankan View Post
      MSN 381 is 10 year old ..... hope they can find a newer birds......passengers are already complaining about aging fleet.
      Nice to see another 343 in our fleet.... any plans to replace our ADA,ADB? Hope not sooner? Coz South East Asia's 1st bird is ADA
      ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

Well the following site says that SriLankan will replace its A343 fleet from the end of 2010 with newer A343s (which seems to indicate that ADA will be replaced). That said UL's plans change a lot and it may need another widebody to expand its long haul flights.

BTW sorry I took so long to join this forum, been quite busy since December.

Comment

@umedhah @longranger ADA is Asia's 1st. And ADB,C 2nd and 3rd. All existing five are presently on sked up to April. ILFC has not disclosed a delivery date.
          The opinions above are solely my own and do not reflect those of my employer or clients

Comment

Thanks, Kflyer. I have found the picture of 4R-ADG (http://www.planespotting.net/fleetli...0-300&r=117020) on Planespotting.net, which was taken in 2004. What actually happened to this aircraft now ? As far as I know SriLankan Airlines has A340s on regs : ADA, ADB, ADC, ADE and ADF. Unfortunately ADD destroyed in Terrorism.

Comment

Originally posted by Banuthev View Post
              Thanks, Kflyer. I have found the picture of 4R-ADG (http://www.planespotting.net/fleetli...0-300&r=117020) on Planespotting.net, which was taken in 2004. What actually happened to this aircraft now ? As far as I know SriLankan Airlines has A340s on regs : ADA, ADB, ADC, ADE and ADF. Unfortunately ADD destroyed in Terrorism.
              Yeh what is this aircraft? Is it a photoshopped image?

Comment

Originally posted by lordvader View Post
                Yeh what is this aircraft? Is it a photoshopped image?
                Probably this is 4R-ADC where C looks like G due to some artifact in the picture. ADG was never recorded in the history except this one place.

Comment

According to Kflyer's statement in A.Net, MSN381 is currently undergoing pre-delivery refurbishment at XMN.

PIA Pakistan (PK) plans to resume Malé and operate it with Colombo as Triangular flights.

As per SABRE Flight Systems, SriLankan increases Karachi flights from four weekly to five weekly effective 27 March 2011.

Crystal Thai Airlines plans to operate Bangkok to Colombo to Dubai route soon. Does Colombo to Dubai route still have an enough bileteral to increase flights ?

Comment

CMB now has live flight info on website. Still hidden deep within. UL511 in op in S11, day 3 0905 CMB dep.
                    The opinions above are solely my own and do not reflect those of my employer or clients

Comment

Looks Like a B773
                      ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

UL flies to new destinations soon - http://www.sundayobserver.lk/2011/02/06/new36.asp

Comment

@ LiangHKG - Firstly of all I wish you a Happy Chinese NewYear. Thanks for posting the picture of MSN 381 from TAECO Maintanance base in Xiamen. I think the picture you posted probably shoted prior repainting as some of the windows are covered in plastic. Do you know when MSN 381 will be repainted in SriLankan Airlines livery ? or is it already done ?

@ Serendib - SriLankan already has started Guangzhou flights on the 28th January 2011.

Interesting to know SriLankan is once again planning to re-commence Australia flights (i think the reporter meant re-commencement in 2011). Do you think SriLankan can make this in real ? BTW SriLankan said they will launch Moscow flights once they have obtained the additional widebody? Does anybody have an update on this ?

Whats happening with 4R-ABL ?

Comment

Is their enough room to handle those aircraft's at CMB? It's getting Busy right... I'm living just about 300 meters away from the runway! I can hear alot of aircrafts taking off & landing...! I don't think that they have any Idea about building a new terminal! any Idea about that?

Comment

I am wondering why the major airlines in Europe,have still not started flying to BIA.
                              Airlines like,British airways,Air France,Lufthansa,Aeroflot,KLM.

Any news on the above Airlines

Comment

http://aviamaintenance.blogspot.com/ aviation maintenance blog.....this got both avionic and mechanical theories

Comment

Working...
                                X