This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4R-ALA View Post

And in Dubai yes DWC is trying to attract passenger flights too fyi.
    However atm its not working so well.
    The Dubai authorities did all sorts of arrangements to attract existing PAX operators at DUBAI international to shift to DWC during runway expansion, but most airlines have opted for Sharjah instead.

As far as I can remember CMB used to be literally empty until a few yrs ago.
    Even Sharjah airport used to be/is much busier than CMB.
    So HRI would naturally take much more to get some amt of people as well. And yes HRI is a failed project no doubt but let them keep trying to popularize HRI.
    Do you know why most airline prefer Sharjah compared to DWC it is because most of the people live around Sharjah , Deira and Bur Dubai. Sharjah Airport is quite reasonable (cost). DWC in Jebal Ali is primarily a cargo and MRO Airport. Jebal Ali Port and Jebal Ali Free Trade Zone (Jafza) is there to support DWC.

HRI is no DWC. HRI is in nowhere; there is nothing to do. no passengers want to go HRI.
    There is limit you can invest good money on a bad project. End of the day CMB has to subsidize HRI. Which in turn will result in increase in cost for AASL. to recover the cost AASL will charge them from the customer; in this case airlines. in turn airline off load that cost back to the passenger. Which will result in...it would be costly holiday to Sri Lanka.

Comment

• Originally posted by SLARMYNFF View Post
      ...A pilot doesn't know the airport situation as they just fly IN and OUT, the ENAC and the CAA knows the real situation of an airport...same in Sri Lanka...The SL CAA knows what's going on they will do everything in order to make some profits with HRI...Be positive guys and most important...Be Patient!
      ...let me tell you something CAA/FAA/GCAA/CASA/LBA are all regulators they do not generate profit to any airport. But they (in this case CAA SL) can mandate airlines to fly HRI. but that will have other consequences. like airline pulling out. airlines (except UL and MJ) are not in a charity business

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
        ^^^does this guy even knw dat HRI is barely a year old!!!! he wants 1 million passengers in the first year.... lol
        Do you know the meaning of "barely" ???...HRI is over one year old. By the way how old is MJ is it barely 7 years or over 7 years. Since you know lot about HRI, please let us know the loan interest rate of the project and What is the operating income for the 1st year.

Comment

• Speedbird/SriLankan1 if you believe its a bad investment so be it....other if you believe its good so be it!

Report news on these threads, the old threads regarding Aviation in SL were insightful, especially when kflyer was around, this is just a slanging match with biased views! The whole point of the this thread is lost.....its pathetic

Comment

• Lets get back to topic. We have moved off topic here several times in the past debating the merits of UL/MJ and HRI. Facts are facts, UL and MJ are loss making and have accumulated Rs100bn in losses over the last three years. The CEO and the rest of the government and their supporters/lackeys can say what they want but they are loss making and in reality should be shut down.

HRI is a total white elephant. No one can even compare it to DWC. DWC is being built in phases and there was no plan to move airlines over. DWC is meant to be the future hub for EK. The airport currently does not have the infrastructure to support EK opps hence why EK wont be moving there until after 2020 when everything is in place. Unlike the SL Gov, the Dubai government planned the airport strategically and built it where it is for several reasons, chief among which was the lack of space where DXB is currently and second was to be closer to Abu Dhabi. DWC WILL be a success. HRI, I highly doubt it.

dilushasg-bdavi is clearly dillusional.

I say we end this debate, and move onto discussing facts, and not opinions.

Comment

• https://www.facebook.com/AviationVoi...type=1&theater

Comment

• yep saw this. UL a/c in oneworld livery XD

Comment

• Woah. great to see this.

Comment

• Wow... looking good looks real! is this 4R-ALH?
                    Last edited by CalgaryLankan; 29-04-2014, 03:30 PM.

Comment

• SriLankan flies with oneworld from Thursday : http://www.dailynews.lk/?q=business/...world-thursday

CEO confident of SriLankan Airlines’ route to profitability : http://www.ft.lk/2013/12/30/ceo-conf...profitability/

SriLankan Airlines joined oneworld on 1 May 2014. It is not just the flagcarrier for Sri Lanka but also the largest international airline serving the Maldives and with a significant presences also in Southern India : http://www.oneworld.com/member-airlines/overview

Comment

• Wow it looks awesome. Pretty much how I predicted it would work. I wonder if any new routes will be added with joining the alliance. I'm surprised UL hasn't considered reopening routes to Sydney/Melbourne.

Comment

• Hi Guys

Got some happy news... ExpoAir's Fokker F27 (4R-EXK) which was in Indonesia has come back again to Ratmalana This was like about 3 or 4 years since it left to Indonesia from Sri Lanka !

I am very happy to see such an old aircraft back again in Sri Lanka ! She came in the morning I guess (30th April 2014)

So will it start services again ? Any idea.... ?
                          Haleef Ismail
                          www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• The global destination for business travellers and premium frequent flyers: news, reviews and expert guides to help you travel better.

Comment

• The global destination for business travellers and premium frequent flyers: news, reviews and expert guides to help you travel better.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X