This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
    Saudia has begun its direct service from Colombo (CMB) to Medina (MED) on their Boeing 77W

The twice weekly rotation is operated on Tuesdays and Fridays, making it the Saudi Arabian National Carriers third connection to CMB
    Is it schedule nonstop SV flights between Medinah and Colombo ? How many weekly flights are operating from RUH & JED to Colombo by SV ?

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
      QR is currently operating B773ER and A320 on the Colombo route but according to QR website A346 is in operation next week. Edelweiss Air of Switzerland is going to operate A343 to Colombo from Nov 2018.
      Thanks for the info!

Comment

• Sichuan Airlines awaits its first A350-900 of three leased from AerCap and another from Air Lease Corporation. The four airframes were destined for the debt ridden SriLankan Airlines, which canceled its order last year.

😞

Source:AinOnline

Comment

• SriLankan stops Kunming flights next month

SriLankan Airlines will be pulling out its operations to Kunming as a result of a poor load factor on this route that has been highly dependent on Chinese travellers alone.

“Since the inception, the Kunming route has been highly dependent on the Chinese tourist market with very less contribution from other network stations, therefore it has very little opportunity to improve its seat load factor,” the airline said in response to an email query.

Airline spokesperson Deepal Perera noted that the non-stop services to Kunming primarily on the Chinese tourist market to Colombo and Male operated a seat factor of 69 per cent for the FY 2016/17. It reduced to 65 per cent during April 2017/18.

It was pointed out that the “unfavourable seat load factors were not sufficient to cover the total route costs,” as a result of which the national carrier has incurred “continuous loses” on this route.

After discontinuing flights to Kunming from March 1, the narrow-bodied aircraft would be deployed to other destinations. The airline is continuing its four non-stop flights each to Beijing and Shanghai, daily non-stop to Guangzhou and five weekly nonstop to Hong Kong on single aisle aircraft. On average the airline deploys an average seat capacity of 4500 seats one way per week to China excluding Kunming. (SD)

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
            SriLankan stops Kunming flights next month

SriLankan Airlines will be pulling out its operations to Kunming as a result of a poor load factor on this route that has been highly dependent on Chinese travellers alone.

“Since the inception, the Kunming route has been highly dependent on the Chinese tourist market with very less contribution from other network stations, therefore it has very little opportunity to improve its seat load factor,” the airline said in response to an email query.

Airline spokesperson Deepal Perera noted that the non-stop services to Kunming primarily on the Chinese tourist market to Colombo and Male operated a seat factor of 69 per cent for the FY 2016/17. It reduced to 65 per cent during April 2017/18.

It was pointed out that the “unfavourable seat load factors were not sufficient to cover the total route costs,” as a result of which the national carrier has incurred “continuous loses” on this route.

After discontinuing flights to Kunming from March 1, the narrow-bodied aircraft would be deployed to other destinations. The airline is continuing its four non-stop flights each to Beijing and Shanghai, daily non-stop to Guangzhou and five weekly nonstop to Hong Kong on single aisle aircraft. On average the airline deploys an average seat capacity of 4500 seats one way per week to China excluding Kunming. (SD)

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/180218/bus...th-282185.html
            It seems UL is terminating Kunming route because China Eastern has started nonstop flights from Kunming and Male' effective 25-Jan-2018.

UL should terminate GAN route as it's experiencing poor load factors. not sure about the yield. I wonder what's the pax load factor on SEZ route.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
              Sichuan Airlines awaits its first A350-900 of three leased from AerCap and another from Air Lease Corporation. The four airframes were destined for the debt ridden SriLankan Airlines, which canceled its order last year.

😞

Source:AinOnline
              Did UL pay a penalty to Air Lease Corp for cancelling the single A350 order? I think the A350 order with Air Lease Corp was cancelled before airframe come into production.

Comment

Did UL pay a penalty to Air Lease Corp for cancelling the single A350 order? I think the A350 order with Air Lease Corp was cancelled before airframe come into production.
                Last few 359s also cancelled? The ones due to come after 2020?
                Haleef Ismail
                www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

Some where in between of US$98 - 150 Million. They took a loan from Credit Suise (#1) for that sometime in spring/summer 2017
                  Last edited by Speedbird; 21-02-2018, 12:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
                    Last few 359s also cancelled? The ones due to come after 2020?
                    As per below link , Four A359 order are going to be replaced with A321s.

Comment

As per below link , Four A359 order are going to be replaced with A321s.

http://airsrilanka.org/showthread.ph...ll=1#post17000
                      Don't believe this is correct.

My understanding this had been discussed and rejected by airbus.

As far as I know they have to pay for 4 A350 (still U$800 Million to be paid according to the papers).

Same with the leases - they have tried to renegotiate these without result.

Both of the above represent several $$ Billion in forward liabilities.

I am also noticing an almost complete news blackout regarding UL since early February - not sure what this all about.
                      Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Qatar targets 100 aircraft fleet for prospective Indian carrier

Qatar Airways chief Akbar Al Baker has reaffirmed the carrier's plan to launch a carrier in India, but has been coy on the details.

SL Government now needs to remember to use another random ME country who is waiting in line to 'invest' in UL in future.

All the probes and whatnot on UL that were promised have gone quite after the elections.

Comment

• Originally posted by ejanson65 View Post
                          My understanding this had been discussed and rejected by airbus..
                          Can UL make the 350 work with their current route structure if they are forced to take them?

I can't think of any destinations than LHR and maybe Australia? They seem to be doing quite well in Melbourne though I am not sure if they can maintain it all year long.

AI is planning to increase the number of Australian flights; not sure if it is due to UL doing well with Indian transit traffic.

Comment

• any idea why 4R-ABQ is inactive since 16feb? maintenance ?

Comment

• Originally posted by LukeSkywalker View Post
                              Can UL make the 350 work with their current route structure if they are forced to take them?

I can't think of any destinations than LHR and maybe Australia? They seem to be doing quite well in Melbourne though I am not sure if they can maintain it all year long.

AI is planning to increase the number of Australian flights; not sure if it is due to UL doing well with Indian transit traffic.
                              There is no requirement or justification for the A350 at UL.

Aircraft orders at UL have nothing whatsoever to do with the requirements of the Airline. It's all about Commissions for the Politicians and their cronies.

Given the previously posted load factors on the Melbourne flight - my guess is that it is a money loser.
                              Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Originally posted by 4R-ALA View Post
                                any idea why 4R-ABQ is inactive since 16feb? maintenance ?
                                Maintenance. Saw it at the A321 hangar.
                                Haleef Ismail
                                www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

Working...
                                X