This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
    Exactly the same I once mentioned, about MRC and MRD leaving the fleet soon. And yes, again the same thing I was to say about 4R-AND's engine problems. By the way, could you check your private inbox, please, Mr.Janson?
    4R-AND has been registered and it seems to be its coming to Colombo tomorrow. Hopefully she will make it this time.

Comment

• Any idea when and why 4R-ALA got a belly painting?
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by AviatorSN View Post
        Any idea when and why 4R-ALA got a belly painting?
        It was painted like two and a half months back in Indonesia. No idea why, but most probably I think because it must have gone under some repairs or something. The interior looks the same.
        Haleef Ismail
        www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
          4R-AND has been registered and it seems to be its coming to Colombo tomorrow. Hopefully she will make it this time.

I think for some reason she is still in Toulouse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Srilankan1 View Post
            I think for some reason she is still in Toulouse.
            Not Toulouse, but in Germany, XFW. Still undergoing final tests I guess, will be delivered probably within a few days or maybe the next week.
            Haleef Ismail

Comment

• OMG CMB is getting even busy !

China Eastern Airlines is going to expand Shanghai - Colombo flights > http://www.airsrilanka.org/entry.php?b=30

Comment

• A321neo, 4R-ANE has been painted in SriLankan livery today, and was seen out at XFW.

Credits to the owner.

A321neo SriLankan 4R-ANE
                Haleef Ismail

Comment

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
                  A321neo, 4R-ANE has been painted in SriLankan livery today, and was seen out at XFW.

Credits to the owner.
                  Wow nice picture ! credits to XFW-Spotter. Thanks for sharing the picture with us haleef ! is she being taken for engine or cabin fitting ?

Comment

• Interesting video about Srilankan hospitality

The journey to any destination is as important as the destination. I love traveling and to me long flights are the most painful part of the whole travel expe...

Comment

• SriLankan Airlines needs restructuring without delay: CEO
                      we are the dominant airline in the best times to visit the Maldives. For all practical purposes, we are the national carrier of the Maldives. Pakistan and Bangladesh are also huge markets for us. So we reckon ourselves as a SAARC carrier. Our revenue flow has been very good. Sometimes it's better than those of our rivals. However, the high costs of operation drag us down. This needs to addressed soon. If it is done, the Airline could be made profitable," Captain Ratwatte noted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
                        http://www.island.lk/index.php?page_...e_title=171251

SriLankan Airlines needs restructuring without delay: CEO

However, the high costs of operation drag us down. This needs to addressed soon.
                        Not sure how they are going to get out of too many aircraft leased at above market rates on 12 year leases with no termination clause.

Impossible to make money like this.

No way out imho.
                        Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Comment

• Shows the issue very nicely:-

A few people profiting at the expense of the entire country!

This is pretty minor - some people pocketed $$Millions on the corrupt aircraft deals.

Time to close this down - it's the only way to stop this.
                            Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• SYDNEY (Reuters): Australia’s Qantas Airways will not fly to Emirates’ Dubai hub from next year and instead re-establish its Singapore stopover, redrawing a five-year-old alliance with the Gulf carrier to focus on Asian demand. ..

Why could not Colombo invite QF for this route. QF & UL would have been more benefited on Indian and middle east Sectors.

As to my Knowledge.India does not allow overseas carriers to Code share on Indian routes. As both the Airlines are on One world QF would have got the option of getting a through ticket for Indian sectors. Also UL could have code shared on LHR & SYD routes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aviational View Post
                                http://www.ft.lk/shippingaviation/Au...deal/21-639344

Why could not Colombo invite QF for this route. QF & UL would have been more benefited on Indian and middle east Sectors.

As to my Knowledge.India does not allow overseas carriers to Code share on Indian routes. As both the Airlines are on One world QF would have got the option of getting a through ticket for Indian sectors. Also UL could have code shared on LHR & SYD routes.
                                It's an entire different business case altogether. SIN-LHR can provide much better yield than CMB-LHR can. QF has history at SIN, and Aussie travelers will expect a premium transit experience,something that CMB cannot provide. QF is happy with its code-share with Jet Airways between SIN and India.

Comment

Working...
                                X