This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ejanson65 View Post
    More wishful thinking by the GOSL - not going to happen.
    Just like that they would be speaking all day long and may even day dream, Mention all about their fantasise in press meetings but as far as this board is considered nothing would be implemented. And ultimately the humble taxpayer will have to absorb all losses of this incompetent airline.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
      Hi Rahal,

SriLankan's one and only A319 (4R-MRF) has not been flying for last seven days. Any reasons why? Is it under going lease return checks. 4R-MRC and 4R-ABK are already in the process of returning back to lessor. Any idea which is next aircraft going to leave UL after 4R-MRF? Are the A332s leaving UL this year?
      How about 4R-MRD. I am seeing it flying around with an all white livery which means that it won't be transferred onto the UL fleet. So when have they planned to lease return it. Planning to fly short haul this holidays in April I really hope my flight won't be onboard a hapless airplane like that.

Comment

• Maldivian Airlines to begin a Daily flights on Male' - Ratmalana route.
        After 50 years, Ratmalana Airport is going to operate the International Flights. Great News.

Comment

Maldivian Airlines to begin a Daily flights on Male' - Ratmalana route.
          After 50 years, Ratmalana Airport is going to operate the International Flights. Great News.
          Wow great news
          ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

Waiting for this! As I always said, RML would serve as a great hub for airlines operating turboprops such as Maldivian, Spice Jet and Jet Airways to serve both Maldives and south India

Let's now hope that the terminal goes through some refurbishment
            -Aaqib Hussain
            (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
            www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
              Waiting for this! As I always said, RML would serve as a great hub for airlines operating turboprops such as Maldivian, Spice Jet and Jet Airways to serve both Maldives and south India

Let's now hope that the terminal goes through some refurbishment
              What are the capabilities of the existing terminal. How many pax can it handle per hour. And on the other hand we have infrastructure problem as well for eg:- from where I live in Colombo I would rather fancy travelling to CMB rather RML because the road which leads to RML (galle road) is heavily congested and on arrival there won't be any transport services leading out of RML.

So overall new flight services would be great news but these insignificant problems has to be addressed as well

On top of everything what's pretty ironic about this is the fact that RML is gonna be much engaged than mattala.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
                Spicejet too should do the same and start the IXM-RML route instead of IXM-CMB

Comment

Looks like it's going to be a thrice daily Dash8 service

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
                    Spicejet too should do the same and start the IXM-RML route instead of IXM-CMB
                    If I am not mistaken, most of the IXM passengers are flying to CMB to take transit for Gulf and Far East flights. Better idea is MAA-RML.

I am very surprised, Expo Aviation of Sri Lanka had a ATR in their fleet. Why didn't fly MLE, MAA, TRZ flights from RML ?

Cant they be able to extend the RML runway towards land-side to accommodate A320/B737?

Waste of money building an airport in HRI. SLgov must have build the second runway for CMB and improve the RML to the standard to handle regional flights.

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
                      Wow great news
                      Any idea , as to when they are going to start the RML/MLE flights

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
                        Wow great news
                        Not after 50 years. if I remember right , there were flights from RMA to South India in the early 70s

Comment

• Originally posted by SKYBUCK729 View Post
                          Any idea , as to when they are going to start the RML/MLE flights
                          Maldivian said “We can announce a date to begin the flights over the next two to three weeks.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Cayman View Post
                            It appears while Eran wants to go ahead with TPG, Ravi wants to go back to square one and start dreaming for the white knight that never showed up.

Also, the article repeatedly refers to TPG as the "shortlisted" party. If TPG are the only party in contention, aren't they the "Chosen" party? Is this an oversight or are they actually still looking at other two shortlisted parties too?

As I said before, every day that GoSL keep UL in their books is a huge loss for the tax payer.
                            Interesting read about how how Air Lanka was originally privatised (especially the speech by RW - wonder if this could come back to haunt him). Looks like its deja vu for TPG:

Comment

• If Sri Lankan is Planning to be a regional Airline, Will they start Mauritius, Reunion

Can A320 Neo fly this sector?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aviational View Post
                                If Sri Lankan is Planning to be a regional Airline, Will they start Mauritius, Reunion

Can A320 Neo fly this sector?
                                According to SriLankan Website, the range of an SriLankan's A320neo is 6850km (3780nm). So it should be able to do both MAU (3881km) and REU (4100km) from Colombo.

SriLankan said it has interested in operating new routes to Yangoon, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad and Visakapatnam. I'm not sure if it's still the case.

Btw could Mauritius and Reunion make good revenue for SriLankan?

Comment

Working...
                                X