This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ejanson65 View Post
    That's a lot more than the GOSL has admitted to. Another $170 Million for the Sri Lankan people to absorb! Disgusting!

People have pocketed $ Millions on this deal. This deal represents the complete failure of the Rule of Law.

No Investigations, No Accountability and No effort to recover a single Rupee from the Racketeers.

If any Reporters are reading this:-

Ask some questions at the press conference tomorrow.

Press Conference with SriLankan CEO & Chairman

SriLankan Airlines flies Nine times to London

200 flights cancelled as BIA closes for maintenance

Ajith Dias, Chairman of SriLankan Airlines A350

Source : Daily Mirror

Comment

• Originally posted by TheF15Ace View Post
      Yes that's the one, thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
        SriLankan Airlines is going to expand the narrowbody fleet by adding 6 x A320neos from year 2017 - according to below news.

By the end of 2017, SriLankan will have 14 A320s and 10 A330s.
        What are the engines; CFM or PW?

Comment

• SriLankan Airlines Chairman Ajith Dias (left) and SriLankan Airlines CEO Capt. Suren Ratwatte brief the media yesterday - Pic by Shehan Gunasekara     SriLankan Airlines tight lipped on the figure but Govt. says cancellation of 3 Airbus A350s to cost $ 98m SriLankan management admits “significant one-off cost” but insists ..

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
            What are the engines; CFM or PW?
            It has to be CFM Leap engines. Components are very similar to CFM56-5B engines.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpookyFlyer View Post
              It has to be CFM Leap engines. Components are very similar to CFM56-5B engines.
              I was under the impression that the LEAP was actually based on the GEnx. If that is the case commonality would be out the door and PW has an equal chance.

Comment

I was under the impression that the LEAP was actually based on the GEnx. If that is the case commonality would be out the door and PW has an equal chance.
                Might be the case of engine commonality and familiarity for UL. The initial 320s were all CFM, whereas the widebodies were all RR (I might be wrong).

Comment

• Originally posted by LukeSkywalker View Post
                  Might be the case of engine commonality and familiarity for UL. The initial 320s were all CFM, whereas the widebodies were all RR (I might be wrong).
                  I believe that was the case (except for the A340s which had CFM-56s). As of now though the NB fleet is a mixed bag with 5 A320s having CFM56, while 1 A320 + 2 A321s have IAE V2500.

UL also has a lot of experience with IAE V2500 since we do maintenance for Indigo. I expect UL will have PW1000G maintenance capabilities irregardless of this order, to continue work with Indigo once their A320NEOs require scheduled maintenance checks.

Comment

• Thought someone said UL will be getting a mixed fleet of A320NEO and A321NEOs and that the 320s had CFM engines and the 321s had P&W engines. May have heard wrong though.

Comment

• Originally posted by lordvader View Post
                      Thought someone said UL will be getting a mixed fleet of A320NEO and A321NEOs and that the 320s had CFM engines and the 321s had P&W engines. May have heard wrong though.
                      I was wondering the same.

But it looks like the six A320neos part of the lease contract were signed previously for two A320neo for Mihin and four A321neo for SriLankan. The current gov may have decided to go with A320neo instead of A321neo which may take some more time for EIS.

Comment

• Again

Very soon insurance rates are going to go up

A flight from Colombo to Dubai via Mattala had to be stopped after a bird collided with the plane close to the Mattala Airport. The Fly Dubai FZ 551 flight with 43 passengers and seven crew members landed safely at the Mattala Airport following the collision yesterday morning. According to sources, the bird had collided directly with the plane’s engine. Later, another flight from the same airline had arrived at the Mattala airport to take the passengers to Dubai. The plane which collided with the bird is currently lying at the Mattala Airport. 

Comment

• SriLankan's A320neo operations are set to begin on February 1, 2017 with daily services from Colombo Int'l to each of Kuala Lumpur Int'l and Abu Dhabi Int'l.

Comment

• -Flights to SEZ will increase
                            -Wide-bodies will be deployed on the DAC route (most likely A332s)
                            -Long term dry lease will be negotiated with PIA for 3 A333s after the wet lease ends

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
                              -Long term dry lease will be negotiated with PIA for 3 A333s after the wet lease ends
                              I thought PIA will be using their new 787s for premier service once they start arriving in 2017

Comment

I thought PIA will be using their new 787s for premier service once they start arriving in 2017
                                Wouldn't be surprised to see the 3 A333s return back to SriLankan under a new owner who will know how to properly utilise the aircraft.

Comment

Working...
                                X