Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emirates cancelling CMB - SIN; Emirates operated this route for years; I believe at least since early 90s. Does the cancellation has anything to do with recent incident with Speaker?

Airlineroute reporting as follows;
    Emirates in this week’s inventory update has closed reservation for Colombo – Singapore sector, as the airline displaying zero availability in all class of service for travel on/after 06JAN17. Currently this route is operated by Boeing 777-300ER aircraft on daily basis. Planned schedule in W16 as follow.

EK348 CMB1445 – 2105SIN 77W D
    EK349 SIN0030 – 0140CMB 77W D

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryLankan View Post
      Emirates cancelling CMB - SIN; Emirates operated this route for years; I believe at least since early 90s. Does the cancellation has anything to do with recent incident with Speaker?

Emirates in this week’s inventory update has closed reservation for Colombo – Singapore sector, as the airline displaying zero availability in all class of service for travel on/after 06JAN17. Currently this route is operated by Boeing 777-300ER aircraft on daily basis. Planned schedule in W16 as follow.

What incident? Please tell me more.

When I read the news, first I thought EK is cancelling CMB-SIN route due to CMB runway closure in the day time between Jan-Apr. But I cant see EK operating CMB-SIN route after May & June. I thought EK doing well on this route? Any chance EK's partner airline QF operating SYD-SIN-CMB?

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
        What incident? Please tell me more.

When I read the news, first I thought EK is cancelling CMB-SIN route due to CMB runway closure in the day time between Jan-Apr. But I cant see EK operating CMB-SIN route after May & June. I thought EK doing well on this route? Any chance EK's partner airline QF operating SYD-SIN-CMB?
        http://www.sundaytimes.lk/160717/new...ed-201491.html

This is the incident. I believe that this is the reason behind this!!!

Comment

• China’s Hainan frontrunner for SriLankan: sources

http://www.dailymirror.lk/112808/Chi...Lankan-sources

Comment

• Hopefully some good news at last. Pobably they are the only applicants.. mabye the cancelling of the port city suspension fine goodwill gesture and other loans from China prompted some backroom negotiations with the attractive assets (however debt ridden they maybe) as predicted.

Having a Chinese firm managing would be also good news for UL as the government will not interfere as the Chinese are going to have a grip on the balls for quite some time to come....

I sincerely hope other state enterprises such as the railways and transport board are given to the Chinese too.

Comment

Emirates cancelling CMB - SIN; Emirates operated this route for years; I believe at least since early 90s. Does the cancellation has anything to do with recent incident with Speaker?

Goodnews for SriLankan Airlines

Comment

They will recommence the route once its fully confirmed, the runway overhaul being completed.

Comment

• If Srilankan Airlines taken over by Hainan Airlines What will be happening to Oneworld Membership Also Flysmiles points....W

Comment

• On a quest to find a strategic investor to help revive the loss-making national carrier, it is learnt that the government is close to finding a prospective partner to manage SriLankan Airlines. Informed sources told Mirror Business that the firm likely to come on board to manage the debt-laden carrier would be China’s largest privately-owned air transport firm, Hainan Airlines Company Limited (HNA).

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
                      On a quest to find a strategic investor to help revive the loss-making national carrier, it is learnt that the government is close to finding a prospective partner to manage SriLankan Airlines. Informed sources told Mirror Business that the firm likely to come on board to manage the debt-laden carrier would be China’s largest privately-owned air transport firm, Hainan Airlines Company Limited (HNA).
                      Yes...lets wait for the finer details...SL taxpayer pick up bill and if HNA take up the the management or if HNA is going to be investor...anyone can manage any company and charge management fee

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
                        Yes...lets wait for the finer details...SL taxpayer pick up bill and if HNA take up the the management or if HNA is going to be investor...anyone can manage any company and charge management fee
                        I believe most of UL's A333 fleet is leased from HNA group so this should be interesting. Perhaps they may reduce the lease rates if this deal goes ahead. Also HNA being a rapidly expanding company may take the surplus aircraft from UL so it could be a win win.

Comment

• Originally posted by lordvader View Post
                          I believe most of UL's A333 fleet is leased from HNA group so this should be interesting. Perhaps they may reduce the lease rates if this deal goes ahead. Also HNA being a rapidly expanding company may take the surplus aircraft from UL so it could be a win win.
                          Yes They need lots of Aircrafts they might take the A350

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandaru View Post
                            http://www.sundaytimes.lk/160717/new...ed-201491.html

This is the incident. I believe that this is the reason behind this!!!
                            If this tit-for-tat allegations are true, Yahapalanaya is no better than the much derided MR regime.

This incidents has a lot of parallels to the LHR fiasco with MR and his entourage.

I do not want to make conclusions without hearing the EK side of the story, but I know for a fact that EK is contracted with MedAire out of Phoenix, AZ (one of the best SOS Aviation Medical providers in the world) and they may have legal obligations to heed to their advice.

I would not fault them for not resorting to locally available resources to make the decision.

If EK took him on board and things went South, everyone would be singing a different tune.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aeronautica View Post
                              They will recommence the route once its fully confirmed, the runway overhaul being completed.

This could very well be related to runway closure; but the timing of the incident and announcement came so close to each other.

BTW; each airline has its own rules, but in general a sick passenger need medical clearance before travel. Our politician think they are above the law always. Emirates has it clearly written here;

Book flights across the world and Fly Better with Emirates. Explore our global routes, find the best fares, and discover our unforgettable onboard experience.

Comment

• Personally this is a good news for us in Calgary. Hainan just started flying PEK - YYC route last month.

I believe they can operate UL as a separate business unit and keep OneWorld alliance and other codeshare routes (if they make sense from their point of view). UL definitely need oxygen (or may be life support) and hopefully Hainan or someone else will save the brand and of course the airline we all love.

Comment

Working...
                                X