• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ULlove View Post
    When does 4R-ABQ return to service?
    Any updates on the remaining a321s of UL to be taken delivery of

Comment

• Originally posted by 4R-ALA View Post
      as per UL website Oct 4th cmb dxb cmb is by a321 of UL . so I'm assuming it will enter service before Oct
      According to flightradar 4R-ABQ not in service. i thought two more joining before oct???

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
        According to flightradar 4R-ABQ not in service. i thought two more joining before oct???
        yeah cz its in zrh getting cabin upgrade as discussed here couple of weeks ago.

Comment

yeah cz its in zrh getting cabin upgrade as discussed here couple of weeks ago.
          Thts a long time for Cabin upgrade I must say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Srilankan1 View Post
            Danke fuer info. was is deiner original quelle hier??
            SriLankan Airlines and Hong Kong Aviation Capital (Europe) sign sale and leaseback for five A330s

CAPA's Aviation Industry News comprehensively covers the commercial aviation industry by providing users with over 1,000 news briefs per week.

Comment

Is it worth upgrading a 6 years old A321? We must have bought new A321s.

Comment

my response to when will 4rabq return was that oct 4th it wud fly cmb dxb cmb doesnt mean the plane's first flight after upgrade is in oct 4th. it might be delivered back to UL by mid august or earlier. its just while trying to look for flights for a personal matter in oct i saw the flight to be an a321. thats why replied oct 4th.

Comment

SriLankan Airlines and Hong Kong Aviation Capital (Europe) sign sale and leaseback for five A330s

http://centreforaviation.com/news/sr...e-a330s-358227
                  one needs to be a member to view this. so cud u pls copy the text here if u have access to full article

Comment

one needs to be a member to view this. so cud u pls copy the text here if u have access to full article
                    I don't have membership with CAPA as well but i remember reading the similar article about sale and leaseback up A333s which are going to be delivered to SriLankan between October 2014 and December 2015. First A333 has been sold to AirLease and remaining five A333s sold to HKAC. All of these six A333s will be leased by SriLankan for approx 12 years Lease period. SriLankan is leasing three A350 from ILFC , with deliveries set to begin from July 2016 and to be delivered by September 2016. Notsure if SriLankan will sale and lease back remaining four A350s. Reportedly decision on sale and lease back been taken to strenghen the balance sheet of loss making SriLankan Airlines.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                      I don't have membership with CAPA as well but i remember reading the similar article about sale and leaseback up A333s which are going to be delivered to SriLankan between October 2014 and December 2015. First A333 has been sold to AirLease and remaining five A333s sold to HKAC. All of these six A333s will be leased by SriLankan for approx 12 years Lease period. SriLankan is leasing three A350 from ILFC , with deliveries set to begin from July 2016 and to be delivered by September 2016. Notsure if SriLankan will sale and lease back remaining four A350s. Reportedly decision on sale and lease back been taken to strenghen the balance sheet of loss making SriLankan Airlines.
                      ohh cool. most airlines today have aircraft under lease cz thats a new accounting practice as u had mentioned the bal sheet part banuthev. even ek has most of their planes under lease agreements rather than owned

Comment

• anyone know how many aircraft in srilankan fleet? is 4R-ABG Still in service?

Comment

anyone know how many aircraft in srilankan fleet? is 4R-ABG Still in service?
                          4rabg got painted in the new airlines livery as per a pic once on instagram posted by an engineer/mechanic at UL. so i dont thnk its in service with UL anymore.

Comment

4rabg got painted in the new airlines livery as per a pic once on instagram posted by an engineer/mechanic at UL. so i dont thnk its in service with UL anymore.
                            wow!! can you post the pic?

Comment

• "my response to when will 4rabq return was that oct 4th it wud fly cmb dxb cmb doesnt mean the plane's first flight after upgrade is in oct 4th. it might be delivered back to UL by mid august or earlier".

Well.. had there been a proper answer for my question, I would have not gone onto mention anything else..

Thanks for your kind response anyways..

Comment

If all is well 100% prepared it will take 2 - 3 weeks but 4 to 5 weeks is not unusual if there are any troubles, which are non un-usual, are coming up when the old cabin has been removed. There might be some extra work in the galleys if they are needed to be replaced as well as there might be additional parts required which are not on hand -e.g.caused by corrosion which is not unusual with planes based at desert airports yiu will detect only after galley removal. Cheers Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X