This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by janhongladarom View Post
    UL now cancelling Bangkok-Hong Kong service and replacing it with direct A321 service.
    I think it's not a good idea. They should use A330 A/C which they can carry cargo also
    Otherwise they will loose this route for sure

Comment

• Originally posted by Azamh View Post
      I think it's not a good idea. They should use A330 A/C which they can carry cargo also
      Otherwise they will loose this route for sure
      I believe UL is planning to use new A321neo on nonstop flights to HKG from July ? Do you think UL will have sufficient cargo loads for operating A330 on four nonstop CMB-HKG flights ? CX already operating twice weekly B74F and Daily A330/B777 on the CMB-HKG route.

Comment

• Originally posted by janhongladarom View Post
        SriLankan Airlines from 15JUL17 is splitting Colombo – Bangkok – Hong Kong operation, currently served 4 times a week. From this date, Hong Kong will become nonstop service, operated by A321 aircraft. For Bangkok, overall service currently shows expansion from 14 weekly to 25 weekly, including 4 weekly onward service to Guangzhou.

Colombo – Bangkok
        UL402 CMB0115 – 0615BKK 32A D
        UL404 CMB0705 – 1210BKK 320 257
        UL404 CMB0705 – 1210BKK 333 3
        UL882 CMB0710 – 1210BKK 332 x146
        UL404 CMB0715 – 1220BKK 320 1
        UL404 CMB0715 – 1220BKK 333 46
        UL406 CMB1430 – 1935BKK 320 3
        UL406 CMB1500 – 2005BKK 320 146
        UL406 CMB1545 – 2050BKK 320 257

UL403 BKK0910 – 1100CMB 32A D
        UL405 BKK1310 – 1500CMB 320 257
        UL405 BKK1320 – 1510CMB 320 1
        UL405 BKK1320 – 1510CMB 333 46
        UL405 BKK1555 – 1745CMB 333 3
        UL407 BKK2105 – 2255CMB 320 146
        UL407 BKK2150 – 2340CMB 320 257
        UL407 BKK2150 – 2340CMB 320 3
        UL883 BKK2150 – 2340CMB 332 x146

Colombo – Hong Kong
        UL892 CMB0905 – 1710HKG 321 146
        UL896 CMB1445 – 2250HKG 321 5

UL897 HKG0200 – 0450CMB 321 6
        UL893 HKG1815 – 2105CMB 321 146
        Any reasons why UL have to operate two BKK flights around the same time at 7am (from CMB TO BKK) and again 21pm (from BKK TO CMB) on Tue, We, Fr and Sun.

I think it would have been better move making Guangzhou flights as nonstop like they did with Hong Kong. Better to operate two weekly A321neo and two weekly A332 on CMB-CAN nonstop and two weekly A321neo and two weekly A333 on CMB-HKG nonstop. What do you think?

Comment

• Originally posted by quickingleyero View Post
          If MRE now has a J Class cabin, it must have been re-configured, recently because it was a single-cabin aircraft when it was with MJ (and all online records of this aircraft still show it as having 180 Y seats, only).

Anyway, it's good to know that it has been re-configured.

I assume that MRD is still with the 12+188 configuration that it had when it was with MJ... please let me know if I'm wrong.
          All MJ fleet configured with business class one year before it cease the operation. MJ clearly didn't operate as a LCC that's a secret of losses.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
            Any reasons why UL have to operate two BKK flights around the same time at 7am (from CMB TO BKK) and again 21pm (from BKK TO CMB) on Tue, We, Fr and Sun.

I think it would have been better move making Guangzhou flights as nonstop like they did with Hong Kong. Better to operate two weekly A321neo and two weekly A332 on CMB-CAN nonstop and two weekly A321neo and two weekly A333 on CMB-HKG nonstop. What do you think?
            I think they want to utilize A330 on daily service to Bangkok. But now there are A330 service to Bangkok except on Day 1.

Comment

All MJ fleet configured with business class one year before it cease the operation. MJ clearly didn't operate as a LCC that's a secret of losses.
              Then, it's strange that all of the online records about MRE showed it as an Economy-only aircraft (with 180 Y seats), even after it was transferred to UL.

Comment

• Originally posted by quickingleyero View Post
                Then, it's strange that all of the online records about MRE showed it as an Economy-only aircraft (with 180 Y seats), even after it was transferred to UL.
                According to SriLankan website, 4R-MRE have the seat config as 12J 150Y and 4R-MRD have 12J 188Y.

Comment

• SriLankan Cargo to wet lease freighter

SriLankan Cargo is mulling on wet leasing a freighter aircraft to expand operations, SriLankan Airlines’ Cargo Head Chamara Ranasinghe said.

He said that cargo volumes are growing and they see a greater demand in the future as well. “Due to the pull out of Frankfurt and Paris we lost out from the cargo segment and we want to capture this back firstly through Code Share agreements with other airlines upto the Middle East and then connect to our network. Secondly we are looking at a separate cargo aircraft on a lease to intensify our operations,”he said.

He also said that today over US dollars 3 trillion of e commerce business is going out of China and they are also looking at taking a slice of this business through several synergies.

He also said that the cargo is a key area in the national carrier and they contribute around 10% of the revenue to Sri Lankan. “Our target is to increase this to 15% soon.” The freight handling arm of SriLankan Airlines, set a new record for the amount of cargo handled at the Cargo Centre of Colombo’s Bandaranaike International Airport with a massive total of 239,636 tonnes in 2016, a remarkable growth of 12.88% over the 212,277 of the previous year.

SriLankan Cargo is mulling on wet leasing a freighter aircraft to expand operations,SriLankan Airlines’ Cargo Head Chamara Ranasinghe said. He said that cargo volumes are growing and they see a greater demand in the future as well. “Due to the pull out of Frankfurt and Paris we lost out from the cargo segment and we want to capture this back firstly through Code Share agreements with other airlines upto the Middle East and then

A330-200F??

Comment

• Originally posted by Max View Post
                    SriLankan Cargo to wet lease freighter

SriLankan Cargo is mulling on wet leasing a freighter aircraft to expand operations, SriLankan Airlines’ Cargo Head Chamara Ranasinghe said.

He said that cargo volumes are growing and they see a greater demand in the future as well. “Due to the pull out of Frankfurt and Paris we lost out from the cargo segment and we want to capture this back firstly through Code Share agreements with other airlines upto the Middle East and then connect to our network. Secondly we are looking at a separate cargo aircraft on a lease to intensify our operations,”he said.

A330-200F??
                    My guess would be non-Airbus aircraft. That's a reason UL is planning to wetlease a freighter with ACMI instead of Drylease.

Haleef,

Above news say UL is going to wetlease a freighter for expanding the cargo network. Do you know which aircraft UL is planning to wetlease? Who is the owner of the aircraft? As you all know , UL is already operating a regional freighter services with wetleased single MD80F from Fitsair. Fitsair announced few years ago it will get second MD80F to their fleet. Any update?

Comment

My guess would be non-Airbus aircraft. That's a reason UL is planning to wetlease a freighter with ACMI instead of Drylease.

Haleef,

Above news say UL is going to wetlease a freighter for expanding the cargo network. Do you know which aircraft UL is planning to wetlease? Who is the owner of the aircraft? As you all know , UL is already operating a regional freighter services with wetleased single MD80F from Fitsair. Fitsair announced few years ago it will get second MD80F to their fleet. Any update?
                      Not very sure of this, but maybe an A330-200F or a MD82F?
                      Haleef Ismail
                      www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
                        Not very sure of this, but maybe an A330-200F or a MD82F?
                        Recently UL deployed A330 300 on Cmb Dhk , passenger load on that flight was about 60% .Because of larger cargo capacity , A330 300 was allocated , where A321 was sufficient to carry the passenger load . I think A 310 or B 767 300 would be a suitable option for Srilankan cargo

Comment

• Current fleet update and lessors - Source:www.ch-aviation.com

1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG
                          Last edited by ULfan79; 06-04-2017, 01:23 AM.

Comment

My guess would be non-Airbus aircraft.
                            Since UL is a all airbus fleet, i think the freighter will be airbus!

Comment

• Is still our domestic airlines allowed to fly international routes?

Check the webpage was published in 2005

Comment

• It's almost been a week since the delivery of 4R-ANB. Does anyone know why it's taking so long to be deployed on revenue services.

Comment

Working...
                                X