Sri Lanka Aviation
Mobile View

 

 

News Headlines..
   



 

+ Reply to Thread
Page 464 of 477 FirstFirst ... 364 414 454 462 463 464 465 466 474 ... LastLast
Results 9,261 to 9,280 of 9526
  1. #9261
    Quote Originally Posted by Haleef View Post
    A321neo, 4R-ANE has been painted in SriLankan livery today, and was seen out at XFW.

    Credits to the owner.
    Wow nice picture ! credits to XFW-Spotter. Thanks for sharing the picture with us haleef ! is she being taken for engine or cabin fitting ?

  2. #9262

  3. #9263
    http://www.island.lk/index.php?page_...e_title=171251

    SriLankan Airlines needs restructuring without delay: CEO
    we are the dominant airline in the best times to visit the Maldives. For all practical purposes, we are the national carrier of the Maldives. Pakistan and Bangladesh are also huge markets for us. So we reckon ourselves as a SAARC carrier. Our revenue flow has been very good. Sometimes it's better than those of our rivals. However, the high costs of operation drag us down. This needs to addressed soon. If it is done, the Airline could be made profitable," Captain Ratwatte noted.

  4. #9264
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendib View Post
    http://www.island.lk/index.php?page_...e_title=171251

    SriLankan Airlines needs restructuring without delay: CEO

    However, the high costs of operation drag us down. This needs to addressed soon.
    Not sure how they are going to get out of too many aircraft leased at above market rates on 12 year leases with no termination clause.

    Impossible to make money like this.

    No way out imho.
    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

  5. #9265

  6. #9266
    Shows the issue very nicely:-

    A few people profiting at the expense of the entire country!

    This is pretty minor - some people pocketed $$Millions on the corrupt aircraft deals.

    Time to close this down - it's the only way to stop this.
    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

  7. #9267
    http://www.ft.lk/shippingaviation/Au...deal/21-639344

    Why could not Colombo invite QF for this route. QF & UL would have been more benefited on Indian and middle east Sectors.

    As to my Knowledge.India does not allow overseas carriers to Code share on Indian routes. As both the Airlines are on One world QF would have got the option of getting a through ticket for Indian sectors. Also UL could have code shared on LHR & SYD routes.

  8. #9268
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviational View Post
    http://www.ft.lk/shippingaviation/Au...deal/21-639344

    Why could not Colombo invite QF for this route. QF & UL would have been more benefited on Indian and middle east Sectors.

    As to my Knowledge.India does not allow overseas carriers to Code share on Indian routes. As both the Airlines are on One world QF would have got the option of getting a through ticket for Indian sectors. Also UL could have code shared on LHR & SYD routes.
    It's an entire different business case altogether. SIN-LHR can provide much better yield than CMB-LHR can. QF has history at SIN, and Aussie travelers will expect a premium transit experience,something that CMB cannot provide. QF is happy with its code-share with Jet Airways between SIN and India.

  9. #9269
    Quote Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
    Colombo - Melbourne Flight Timetable

    DAILY - UL604 - A332 - CMB-MEL - 23:50 - 15:25+1 - 10:05-flying hours
    DAILY - UL605 - A332 - MEL-CMB - 16:55 - 22:15+0 - 10:50-flying hours
    SriLankan Airlines website is currently showing the SriLankan direct flight to Melbourne on 29-Oct-2017 is going to be operated onboard A330-343 aircraft. Previously it was planned to operate on A330-243.
    Attached Images

  10. #9270
    SriLankan Airlines in recent schedule update filed changes to its planned winter 2017/18 season, effective from 29OCT17.

    Colombo – Dammam eff 29OCT17 A330 continues to operate this route 4 times a week. The airline previously scheduled 1 of 4 weekly operated by A321neo
    Colombo – Delhi eff 01DEC17 Increase from 10 to 13 weekly
    Colombo – Doha eff 03DEC17 Increase from 7 to 11 weekly, new flight UL219/220 operated by A320/330-200
    Colombo – Dubai eff 01DEC17 Increase from 7 to 10 weekly, new flight UL231/232 operated by A320/320neo
    Colombo – Guangzhou eff 29OCT17 A321neo replaces A321, 1 daily
    Colombo – Hong Kong eff 29OCT17 A321neo replaces A321, 5 weekly
    Colombo – Mumbai eff 29OCT17 Increase from 1 to 2 daily

    Previously reported, the oneWorld member will resume Colombo – Melbourne service from 29OCT17. Based on latest listing, inaugural flight on 29OCT17 will be operated by A330-300, switching to -200 for this daily flight from 30OCT17.
    (Airlineroute)

  11. #9271
    Hi does anyone has.video or photo of srilankan A321neo business class

  12. #9272
    Quote Originally Posted by Haleef View Post
    Not Toulouse, but in Germany, XFW. Still undergoing final tests I guess, will be delivered probably within a few days or maybe the next week.
    whats taking so long for delivery of 4R-AND?

  13. #9273

  14. #9274
    Quote Originally Posted by 4R-ALA View Post
    whats taking so long for delivery of 4R-AND?
    All the pictures show it is still registered as D-AZAB.

    There's obviously some issue between the leasing company and UL - my guess is either financial or due to UL losing its EASA 145 certification.
    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

  15. #9275
    Quote Originally Posted by ejanson65 View Post
    All the pictures show it is still registered as D-AZAB.

    There's obviously some issue between the leasing company and UL - my guess is either financial or due to UL losing its EASA 145 certification.
    its actually registered in UL rego as per a recent pic shared sometime back here in this forum

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mathiasdueber/36728359072/

  16. #9276
    Quote Originally Posted by 4R-ALA View Post
    its actually registered in UL rego as per a recent pic shared sometime back here in this forum

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/mathiasdueber/36728359072/
    The rumour has AND had an engine issue. Not sure if its still the case.

    My assumption would be UL is not in a hurry to take AND until Oct. I can notice the next flight expansion is from 29-Oct.

  17. #9277
    Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    SriLankan Airlines in recent schedule update filed changes to its planned winter 2017/18 season, effective from 29OCT17.

    Colombo – Dammam eff 29OCT17 A330 continues to operate this route 4 times a week. The airline previously scheduled 1 of 4 weekly operated by A321neo
    Colombo – Delhi eff 01DEC17 Increase from 10 to 13 weekly
    Colombo – Doha eff 03DEC17 Increase from 7 to 11 weekly, new flight UL219/220 operated by A320/330-200
    Colombo – Dubai eff 01DEC17 Increase from 7 to 10 weekly, new flight UL231/232 operated by A320/320neo
    Colombo – Guangzhou eff 29OCT17 A321neo replaces A321, 1 daily
    Colombo – Hong Kong eff 29OCT17 A321neo replaces A321, 5 weekly
    Colombo – Mumbai eff 29OCT17 Increase from 1 to 2 daily

    (Airlineroute)
    As already been posted on our forum, there are additional changes to happen for SriLankan Flights. Frequency of Hyderabad flights are going to be increased from 4 to 5 weekly from 31-Oct. Loved to see our national carrier is growing.

    UL 's HKG flights are mostly served by A330s.

  18. #9278
    Can the 32B fly directly from Colombo to Nairobi?
    Will it be a profitable route for UL?

  19. #9279
    Piloting the Sri Lankan Airlines Airbus A330 into Bangkok


  20. #9280
    Quote Originally Posted by mohamed_naqeeb View Post
    Yesterday, I was was flying to Muscat on Oman Air. 4R-ABK was next us.. in indigo colors.
    It's look like leasing issue of 4R-ABK has finally been sorted. I can see from skyliners web that VT-IHC (4R-ABK) has been ferried to Delhi from Colombo on the 14-Sep.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts