Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When exactly in April-2017 is 4R-ANB planned to join UL. with that addition I reckon UL should immediately phase out aircrafts like 4R-ABL which are in a real shoddy state. I believe they don't have PTV's as well.

Comment

• More "noise" from Suren "Big Noise" Ratwatte

Misleading statements and outright lies. Any way you want to look at it this lease was a disaster for UL. It should cost this guy his job.
      Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Originally posted by ejanson65 View Post
        Misleading statements and outright lies. Any way you want to look at it this lease was a disaster for UL. It should cost this guy his job.
        Misleading: Yes, he makes it sound like a profit sharing venture (like a code share) when it was a straight up wet lease. As the lessor of the aircraft it does not share the "prestige" of the route. Just different insurance premiums.

Disaster: I am not sure if that is the right way to describe it yet. It will be a disaster if,
        - PK does not pay the outstanding bills
        - If the wear and tear on the interior is substantial requiring re-fitting.

We will have to wait and see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cayman View Post
          Misleading: Yes, he makes it sound like a profit sharing venture (like a code share) when it was a straight up wet lease. As the lessor of the aircraft it does not share the "prestige" of the route. Just different insurance premiums.

Disaster: I am not sure if that is the right way to describe it yet. It will be a disaster if,
          - PK does not pay the outstanding bills
          - If the wear and tear on the interior is substantial requiring re-fitting.

We will have to wait and see.
          Everything these people touch turns to sh*t - and this is going to be the exception? I seriously doubt that.

And of course there is no mention of whatever 'side deals' were negotiated - it has been mentioned in the Pakistan newspapers. But of course things there run about the same as in Sri Lanka - nothing is actually done.

Don't make the mistake that anything that goes on at UL resembles legitimate business of any kind. It's all Corruption/Theft/Fraud and Racketeering.

There is no such thing as legitimate business in Sri Lanka imho - everybody is trying to get as much as possible for themselves. Just read the local papers.
          Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
            According to SriLankan Website, the range of an SriLankan's A320neo is 6850km (3780nm). So it should be able to do both MAU (3881km) and REU (4100km) from Colombo.

SriLankan said it has interested in operating new routes to Yangoon, Hyderabad, Ahmedabad and Visakapatnam. I'm not sure if it's still the case.

Btw could Mauritius and Reunion make good revenue for SriLankan?
            Thank you very much for the info banuthev.

I think more Indian Origin people are living in both of these countries and UL might have a chance on this route.UL also should focus more on Cargo.

May be the below routing will work out.
            CMB-MRU-REU-MRU-CMB

Comment

• Air India may launch Madurai (IXM) – Ratmalana (RML) services, Aircraft – ATR-72-600.

Comment

• Originally posted by Max View Post
                Air India may launch Madurai (IXM) – Ratmalana (RML) services, Aircraft – ATR-72-600.
                Any source?

I read from dailynews SLgov is talks with Indian airline and private operator to start new destinations in India from RML.

Comment

• Why UL216 (4R-ANA) got late to depart from Bahrain International Airport yesterday(13th)? FR24 indicates that it leaved the main apron at 20:09 UTC and then again entered to Western apron at 20:41 UTC before departing to Colombo 21:12 UTC

Comment

• I heard in the news today that the resurfacing work would be complete on the VCBI's runway two weeks ahead of schedule. Now does this mean that the quality of the resurfacing work is compromised. It also said that UL may be able to resume day flights for some destinations meanwhile until the original timeline of resurfacing others carries would stick to the current amended schedule as they have no time to change them back to the normal schedule.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                      Any source?

I read from dailynews SLgov is talks with Indian airline and private operator to start new destinations in India from RML.
                      According to AI sources, they requested for IXM – CMB but CAA proposed IXM – RML.

Nothing is finalized yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Max View Post
                        According to AI sources, they requested for IXM – CMB but CAA proposed IXM – RML.

Nothing is finalized yet.
                        Question is would RML produce enough pax to fill a ATR72-600. And the main problem is RML would be not favourable for anyone from Colombo north and beyond.
                        Anyway does anyone know the landing/service/takeoff charges between RML and CMB. Does RML have facilities like Catering etc

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach3 View Post
                          Question is would RML produce enough pax to fill a ATR72-600. And the main problem is RML would be not favourable for anyone from Colombo north and beyond.
                          Anyway does anyone know the landing/service/takeoff charges between RML and CMB. Does RML have facilities like Catering etc
                          Right now, there's a large Indian & Maldivian community living and working in Lanka, and a lot of them live along the wellawatte, dehiwala, mount Lavinia stretch. My thinking is that this is for them.

Comment

• Maldivian Airlines RML-MLE flights

Just contacted Maldivian Airlines GSA here in Colombo, the First flight from RML will be scheduled for the 28th of March,scheduled to be operated 3 times a week utilizing their Bombardier Dash8 Q300, seating 50pax
                            -Aaqib Hussain
                            (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
                            www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
                              Just contacted Maldivian Airlines GSA here in Colombo, the First flight from RML will be scheduled for the 28th of March,scheduled to be operated 3 times a week utilizing their Bombardier Dash8 Q300, seating 50pax
                              Thanks. Did you mean only 3 times per week? I thought Maldivian is going to operate 3 Daily flights. Could you post the flight schedule as well please.

Comment

• SilkAir begins Singapore flights from April 8

SilkAir, the regional wing of Singapore Airlines (SIA), will commence flights to Colombo on April 8,2017. SilkAir will operate three flights per week.

SIA will continue to operate its daily night flight SQ468 and return flight SQ469.

The new service to Colombo, MI428, will be on Wednesdays,Thursdays and Saturdays, with a same-day return flight operating as MI427, similar to the current SIA timing.

The services will be operated with B 737-800 aircraft, featuring both Business and Economy Class cabins.

Customers will be provided with a full-service experience, including in-flight meals, in-flight entertainment on SilkAir studio, baggage allowance of 40kg and 30kg for Business Class and Economy Class respectively, as well as through check-in if they are connecting to or from another SilkAir or SIA point via Singapore, SilkAir flies to 52 destinations in 14 countries.

SilkAir, the regional wing of Singapore Airlines (SIA), will commence flights to Colombo on April 8,2017. SilkAir will operate three flights per week. SIA will continue to operate its daily night flight SQ468 and return flight SQ469. The new service to Colombo, MI428, will be on Wednesdays,Thursdays and Saturdays, with a same-day return flight operating as MI427, similar to the current SIA timing. The services will be operated with B 737-800 aircraft, featuring both Business and Economy Class cabins.

Comment

Working...
                                X