X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SKYBUCK729 View Post
    Seriously, how did this happen ?
    Actually it is no accident or anything. It was a matter of the state of him being drunk. There is more info, but cannot let it out here
    Haleef Ismail
    www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• An interesting article about SriLankan Airlines : http://www.thesundayleader.lk/2016/0...ease-goes-dry/

Comment

• Ten parties eye SriLankan Airlines

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
          An interesting article about SriLankan Airlines : http://www.thesundayleader.lk/2016/0...ease-goes-dry/
          Any idea on how much revenue UL was generating when they were flying the planes themselves? If at the end of 3 months these birds are taken up by PIA on a dry lease; UL's involvement in the leases should cease right? The leasing company wouldn't continue at the same rate quoted by the sunday leader.

Comment

• Originally posted by LukeSkywalker View Post
            Any idea on how much revenue UL was generating when they were flying the planes themselves? If at the end of 3 months these birds are taken up by PIA on a dry lease; UL's involvement in the leases should cease right? The leasing company wouldn't continue at the same rate quoted by the sunday leader.
            No - it looks to me like UL is sub leasing these aircraft to PIA. So they have to pay the monthly leasing fees no matter what. Since they've leased them at too high a rate they will have to absorb the difference between what they get from PIA and what UL has to pay.

Tears in the rain!

A name-and-shame article. No surprises - the name is who I expected it to be. Not the first time either.
            Last edited by ejanson65; 21-08-2016, 09:30 AM. Reason: Spelling
            Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Originally posted by ejanson65 View Post
              No - it looks to me like UL is sub leasing these aircraft to PIA.
              Based on what I could gather, this is what has happened.

This also means UL is footing the difference in monthly lease rates.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cayman View Post
                Based on what I could gather, this is what has happened.

This also means UL is footing the difference in monthly lease rates.
                Yes. They should have not withdrawn from FRA and CDG (they should have investigate why the yield is low on a 80% load). UL could store the aircraft and pay $1.4million p.m. or sub lease and reduce that amount. No airline in the world will pay over a $1 million for leasing A333...What the new government should have done is finding out who signed all these agreements and prosecute them...holding on to a tigers tail my friend...holding on to a tigers tail
                Last edited by Speedbird; 21-08-2016, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• SriLankan Airlines is currently working on starting direct flights to Lahore from end of Nov 2016. At the moment Lahore is being served by Mihin Lanka but this flight will discontinue from 19-Sep. Mihin Lanka has decided to drop the Lahore route due to expiry of lease of an A320 (4R-MRE) which may taken out from the service in Sep 2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
                    Unless this "crew member" was involved in a road accident or got killed, he/she should be sacked immediately for being responsible for this horrendous incident.
                    Impossible to fire a Sri Lankan national - no matter what they do.

Of course the 'Management' was quite happy to fire me (they didn't call it that - they'd have to give a reason) and have me forced out of the country. Then they hid behind the contract like the cowards that they are while claiming to be acting in the 'National Interest' (whatever that means....).

I have never been accused of any wrongdoing - my record at the Airline speaks for itself.

As does the record of the 'Management'.
                    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• SriLankan Airlines’ Stewardess Released For Namal Rajapaksa’s Work Arrested

UL had been still paying this woman's salary after she was released to do political work.

Comment

SriLankan Airlines is currently working on starting direct flights to Lahore from end of Nov 2016. At the moment Lahore is being served by Mihin Lanka but this flight will discontinue from 19-Sep. Mihin Lanka has decided to drop the Lahore route due to expiry of lease of an A320 (4R-MRE) which may taken out from the service in Sep 2016.
                        Will UL take MJ's 2 A321s and A319 with refurbished cabins?

Comment

• Originally posted by ejanson65 View Post
                          Impossible to fire a Sri Lankan national - no matter what they do.

Of course the 'Management' was quite happy to fire me (they didn't call it that - they'd have to give a reason) and have me forced out of the country. Then they hid behind the contract like the cowards that they are while claiming to be acting in the 'National Interest' (whatever that means....).

I have never been accused of any wrongdoing - my record at the Airline speaks for itself.

As does the record of the 'Management'.
                          This is absolutely ridiculous ! UL would've sacked the drunk pilot from the job !

The pilot licence of the pilot responsible for the 15-hour delay of the flight which was scheduled to fly from Frankfurt to Katunayake, has been temporarily suspended.

The Civil Aviation Authority says that this decision was reached following confirmed reports that the pilot was under the influence of alcohol.

Comment

This is absolutely ridiculous ! UL would've sacked the drunk pilot from the job !
                            Unfortunately the SL laws are too labor friendly. It's near impossible to sack someone (even in a private enterprise, from experience back then) unless the company is declared bankrupt.

This should be even more difficult in a state enterprise.

Comment

The pilot licence of the pilot responsible for the 15-hour delay of the flight which was scheduled to fly from Frankfurt to Katunayake, has been temporarily suspended.

The Civil Aviation Authority says that this decision was reached following confirmed reports that the pilot was under the influence of alcohol.

Typical Sri Lanka - nobody wants to make a decision!

Don't expect very much from the corrupt and incompetent CAA.

There is a disciplinary procedure in place at UL - but nothing ever happens! I think it's deliberately set up that way.

This isn't the first incident involving this individual - last time he was just put back in Line Training.

I was scheduled to fly with this individual - the F/O on this flight called me at home and told me to ensure I was the operating Captain into the destination airport! I have never had this happen in 30+ years of commercial flying! He was replaced before the flight took place.

Another story:-

For years I used to hear stories of Captains who refused to fly to Europe "if a single flake of snow falls". I used to think that was just a story until I was at the training department one day. There was a Sri Lankan Captain standing in front of me and he said those exact words!

My roster used to change with the weather patterns.

You can't run an Airline like this!
                              Last edited by ejanson65; 23-08-2016, 08:55 AM. Reason: added text

Comment

• SriLankan Airlines is planning to take delivery of one A320neo (CFM) and four A321neo (PW) by 2018.

Comment

Working...
                                X