This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
    ^^^ LMAO If I am the government I would say ok bring me the money not a cheque...and here take all of this
    Haha definitely agree. Then they should issue a second licence to someone else (i.e. another airline or local company) to start up a new airline from scratch.

With their grandoise plans I'd give Peace Air one year before they go broke if they bought UL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
      Shortlisted bidder for SriLankan charges bids being rigged

PeaceAir Pvt Ltd, one of the three shortlisted candidates of the bids for the management.................

Comment

• PeaceAir CEO Keerthi Dissanayake

The above gentleman needs to transfer US $ 5.5 Billion directly to the treasury, then Ministry of Finance can immediately process the much awaited UL management agreement and it will include the Mattala airport as well.

Dissanayake added “PeaceAir is intent on making SriLankan into a global airline that is larger than the likes of Emirates, Etihad and Qatar Airways”

It’s very unfortunate media coverage given to bunch of jokers – Waste of time & resources

Comment

• I e-mailed Lufthansa Consulting this morning and asked them whether they have an agreement with Peace Air.
          Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Originally posted by lordvader View Post
            Haha definitely agree. Then they should issue a second licence to someone else (i.e. another airline or local company) to start up a new airline from scratch.

With their grandoise plans I'd give Peace Air one year before they go broke if they bought UL.
            Shortlisted three bidders (TPG, a US investment firm, Peace Air and a Maldives-based consortium) are not been selected as a potential partner for SriLankan Airlines. SL Gov is moving to Plan B to find a partner. This news was published in Economynext site.

Comment

• Routes is the home of the world’s leading aviation network development conferences and events. Plus aviation news and features, and profiles of global airlines and airports.

I am surprised they are using a old B77W...not a new A333 regional
              Riyadh – Male – Colombo eff 03MAY17 777-300ER with various configurations replacing -200ER, 2 weekly

I though there are more than 2 SV flights to Colombo

Comment

• Originally posted by LukeSkywalker View Post
                It is getting weirder by the minute

http://www.economynext.com/Bidder_fo...-3-7122-6.html

A bidder for Sri Lanka's loss-making national airline on Thursday promised to appease Lord Murugan and conduct daily rituals if they are given a controlling stake in the airline and the Mattala airport.

He said he is in talks with Malaysia airlines to buy six A380 double decker aircraft to run Peace Air parallel to Sri Lankan. However, Peace Air does not posses a licence to operate air services, but Wethasinghe said it would be a formality before he got it

What next? Voodoo and witchcraft to make the debt disappear? Someone needs to admit these people to Angoda very soon.
                Are these people out of their minds. Firstly they wanna purchase the debt redden national carrier. And on top of that the purchasing of the six a380-800 from Malaysia which now a days even reputed airlines like Malaysian and SQ are finding it difficult to fill passengers , in the meantime the CEO of UL saying that this carrier is best suited to operate regional flights and not international.

I now casually hope that they go ahead with their plans, As it is gonna be a superb drama that's about to unfold, I am pretty sure it's gonna be absolutely amusing to watch, as they are gonna take this airline out of the frying pan and onto the fire.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
                  http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...as-of-19jan17/

Riyadh – Male – Colombo eff 03MAY17 777-300ER with various configurations replacing -200ER, 2 weekly

So how about the CMB-JED flight, will it still be operated using a B777-200ER.

Comment

• Originally posted by ejanson65 View Post
                    The number I have is 45 and it's Captain and FO. I commented on this previously.

President Ranil Wickremesinghe must decide between sending the Rajapaksas back to parliament and restructuring debt by June to stabilise the country for the next decade, opposition MP Patali Champika Ranawaka said.

Translation:- We can't find any serious candidates and we have no idea what to do now.

As I stated previously - another EPIC FAIL.

Here's an idea Ravi K - close it down asap.
                    Kabir Hashim admits a mafia still exists in SriLankan Airlines
                    Kabir Hashim admits a mafia still exists in SriLankan Airlinesශ්‍රී ලංකන් මාෆියාව ඇමති පිළිගනීශ්‍රී ලංකන් ගුවන් සමාගම තුළ මාෆියාවක් සිදු වෙමින් පවතින බව තමන්...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach3 View Post
                      So how about the CMB-JED flight, will it still be operated using a B777-200ER.
                      Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
                      http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/...as-of-19jan17/

As of Summer 2017, SV operates as below : -

2 Weekly - RUH-MLE-CMB - B777-300ER
                      3 Weekly - JED-CMB - B777-300ER
                      1 Weekly - JED-CMB - B777-200

Comment

• SRILANKAN AIRLINES MGT CONTRACT: Govt. may go for fresh round of bidding: Minister

* Concerns over shortlisted candidates having no international airline operation experience
                        * Claims processes transparent
                        * Open to divesting over 50 percent if consortium includes locals

The government would go for a fresh round of bidding for the management contract of SriLankan Airlines if the Prime Ministerial Committee tasked with choosing a finalist is not... ..

Comment

• The government has identified a Unites States-based company to share in the SriLankan airlines equity under the proposed Private Public Partnership (PPP) model, Public Enterprise Development Deputy Minister Eran Wickramaratne said yesterday. -

See more at: http://www.dailymirror.lk/article/Sr....9SRZOTSC.dpuf

Seems like TPG got it

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
                            If it turns out to be true; the best choice under the given circumstances.

Comment

• Originally posted by ctpesk View Post
                              Sorry to confuse people with my post - it is of course an A320NEO.

No pics yet which is probably because they keep it inside: enough hangar space after the year-end dlivery rush.

Might be there this weekend and will keep you guys posted.
                              A320neo, 4R-ANA to have its first flight on the 24th of January 2017 as stated by a forum member isn't it? Anyone spotted the aircraft or take any pictures?
                              Haleef Ismail
                              www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• Wouldn't want to deny everyone the pleasure of watching this.....

Peace Air offers US$ 5.5 billion for stake in SriLankan & Mihin Lanka Watch More Video - http://goo.gl/2QWjSA

Not sure what these people are hoping to achieve.
                                Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

Working...
                                X