Sri Lanka Aviation
Mobile View

News Headlines..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 439 of 481 FirstFirst ... 339 389 429 437 438 439 440 441 449 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,780 of 9608
    Sri Lanka to sign air service agreement with Canada

The Sri Lankan Cabinet of Ministers Tuesday has approved the signing of an air services agreement with Canada.

Although a large number of expatriate Sri Lankans are living in Canada, currently there is no air services agreement operating between the two countries

Signing of an air services agreement aims to provide facilities to promote trade and tourism between the two countries.

The Cabinet of Ministers has granted approval to a proposal put forward by the Minister of Transport and Civil Aviation Nimal Siripala de Silva to sign the proposed air services agreement officially agreed to formalize air services between Sri Lanka and Canada and to implement the provisions in the agreement.

http://www.colombopage.com/archive_1...95080269CH.php

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    Sri Lanka to sign air service agreement with Canada
    , currently there is no air services agreement operating between the two countries

Signing of an air services agreement aims to provide facilities to promote trade and tourism between the two countries.
    Is it profitable UL serving CMB-LHR-YTZ or CMB-FRA-YTZ with 4 weekly A330-300?
    is AC not interested in doing seasonal flights to CMB?

Guys i've read a news about Airbus is going to donate (I'm not sure about that) 24 helicopter for Sri Lanka for air ambulance purposes.. is it true?

Quote Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
    Is it profitable UL serving CMB-LHR-YTZ or CMB-FRA-YTZ with 4 weekly A330-300?
    is AC not interested in doing seasonal flights to CMB?
    At the current financial situation. I have my doubts about the the viability...even badly managed airlines like PIA and AI makes money on that routes. But UL does not have any cash or capital for that investment

AC is not interested...they are happy with DEL and DXB

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird View Post
    At the current financial situation. I have my doubts about the the viability...even badly managed airlines like PIA and AI makes money on that routes. But UL does not have any cash or capital for that investment

AC is not interested...they are happy with DEL and DXB
    AC is going to start YYZ-BOM route soon too.

Etihad Cargo increases Colombo freighter flights from 1 to 2 weekly, from this month. It's the only airline currently flying direct from Sri Lanka to United States. Route : AUH-CMB-MXP-LCK with 2 weekly onboard B777F.

Quote Originally Posted by channa View Post
    AC is going to start YYZ-BOM route soon too.
    It was available last year as well...seasonal route

Quote Originally Posted by Sandaru View Post
    Guys i've read a news about Airbus is going to donate (I'm not sure about that) 24 helicopter for Sri Lanka for air ambulance purposes.. is it true?
    Airbus and Benz to provide free air/land ambulance service
    "The free ambulance package includes 24, helicopters, 1,050 ambulances and 240 breakdown vehicles. The Benz Company will invest in the ambulances and breakdown vehicles while 24 helicopters will be provided by the Air Bus Company"

See more at: http://www.dailymirror.lk/129180/Air....GDdSsQI1.dpuf

Quote Originally Posted by SKYBUCK729 View Post
    EK will start flights , FROM CMB to MEL in OCTOBER 2017. Daily !
    EK already has DXB-CMB-SIN-MEL. Do you mean direct flight between CMB-MEL?
    Last edited by ULfan79; 20-05-2017 at 01:10 AM.

"The free ambulance package includes 24, helicopters, 1,050 ambulances and 240 breakdown vehicles. The Benz Company will invest in the ambulances and breakdown vehicles while 24 helicopters will be provided by the Air Bus Company"

According to the article, this is coming from the most unreliable mouth piece of the regime. Highly doubt this, but will be delighted if this really is genuine.

Quote Originally Posted by Cayman View Post
    According to the article, this is coming from the most unreliable mouth piece of the regime. Highly doubt this, but will be delighted if this really is genuine.
    Good news if its true. But what benefits Airbus and Benz will get by supplying free Helicopters and Vehicles to Sri Lanka?

Does Sri Lanka currently have air ambulance service in the country? Can I know registration for those helicopters please?

Quote Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
    Good news if its true. But what benefits Airbus and Benz will get by supplying free Helicopters and Vehicles to Sri Lanka?

Does Sri Lanka currently have air ambulance service in the country? Can I know registration for those helicopters please?
    The third paragraph of the article says it will be funded by a soft loan. So its not free. Benz and Airbus will benefit by making a sale and building a relationship with the government.

Actually now that I read the article a second time I think it meant to say that the service will be free for patients.
    Last edited by lordvader; 19-05-2017 at 11:49 AM.

Can anyone explain me why we need 24 helicopters for a tiny nation like sri lanka. A significantly lesser number would have been practical. On top of this, if this is provided via a soft loan then this again would merely be burden for the taxpayer.

A Qatar airways Boeing 787 dreamliner has made an emergency landing at VCBI with reported fire on board last night. Any updates on that?

Does KU operate two flights a day to CMB, today's flight schedule has two so how about other days.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach3 View Post
    Does KU operate two flights a day to CMB, today's flight schedule has two so how about other days.
    KU361 - Five times per week - Except Monday & Thursday
    KU363 - Five times per week - Except Thursday & Sunday

So yes KU flying to CMb from KWI two times per days on Tuesday / Wednesday / Friday / Saturday.

Can anyone explain me why we need 24 helicopters for a tiny nation like sri lanka. A significantly lesser number would have been practical. On top of this, if this is provided via a soft loan then this again would merely be burden for the taxpayer.
    I doubt even whether we have sufficient infrastructure to provide a quality and efficient service with 24 helicopters?
    There should be helipads, landing fields to quickly air lift patients to hospitals right?

A Qatar airways Boeing 787 dreamliner has made an emergency landing at VCBI with reported fire on board last night. Any updates on that?
    Qatar Airways passenger plane with over 200 passengers on board made an emergency landing at Sri Lanka's Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) late Friday evening.

Sri Lanka's Civil Aviation Authority said the Qatar Airways flight made the emergency landing after reporting a fire on board.

The Qatar Airways flight Dreamliner was flying between Thailand and Doha when it made the emergency landing at BIA.

"QR 841 was carrying 202 passengers and made an emergency landing," Director General of the Civil Aviation Authority H.M.C Nimalsiri said.

He said the BIA was placed on alert for the landing and the flight landed safely

Source : XINHUANET

Quote Originally Posted by Serendib View Post
    Qatar Airways passenger plane with over 200 passengers on board made an emergency landing at Sri Lanka's Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) late Friday evening.

Sri Lanka's Civil Aviation Authority said the Qatar Airways flight made the emergency landing after reporting a fire on board.

The Qatar Airways flight Dreamliner was flying between Thailand and Doha when it made the emergency landing at BIA.

"QR 841 was carrying 202 passengers and made an emergency landing," Director General of the Civil Aviation Authority H.M.C Nimalsiri said.

He said the BIA was placed on alert for the landing and the flight landed safely

Source : XINHUANET
    i heard that this was not aircraft related fire and it was originated by a pax in J class.

Quote Originally Posted by umedhah View Post
    Good news..... Wondering When will 4R-ALA will be retired.... I believe this is the replacement
    I doubt 4R-ALA will be retired anytime soon. It looks like it has received new cabin and seats couple of months ago.

Hi Haleef,

I remember you flew on 4R-ALA. Please advise if it had the new seats when you fly on it few years ago ? Check the recent cabin pictures of 4R-ALA from the below link. Does these seats were fitted on it very recently ? it has IFE and good cabin.

4R-ALA Pics : http://www.airsrilanka.org/showthrea...ll=1#post15456

Hi Rahal,

4R-ALB returned back to service yesterday - after it's spent 2/3 months in maintenance. Does it have now the new cabin and seats ?