Sri Lanka Aviation


+ Reply to Thread
Page 415 of 463 FirstFirst ... 315 365 405 413 414 415 416 417 425 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,300 of 9242
  1. #8281
    Quote Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
    Hi Rahal, When does UL going to return 4R-ABL, MRD, MRE, ALA, ALB, ALC, ALD, ALH and ALJ back to lessor ? Are you guys receiving training on handling neo engines for upcoming A320neo/A321neo fleet?
    hi banuthev,
    all aircrafts you mentioned are not scheduled to be returned at this time as far as i know( or we haven't been informed yet).
    The only re deliveries we are focussing right now are MRC ABK & MRF.
    Yes NEO training classes are being conducted at the STT.

    Cheers

  2. #8282
    Quote Originally Posted by Haleef View Post
    You sure it will be here on the 26th? Because someone in the airline told me 27th :/
    yup arrival to cmb is scheduled on 26th..
    Last edited by CSButterflyeffect; 17-02-2017 at 04:02 PM.

  3. #8283
    Quote Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
    Hi Rahal, When does UL going to return 4R-ABL, MRD, MRE, ALA, ALB, ALC, ALD, ALH and ALJ back to lessor ? Are you guys receiving training on handling neo engines for upcoming A320neo/A321neo fleet?

    MRD and MRE will not be returned but will inducted to UL fleet. ABL will be returned may be during last months this year.
    Last edited by CSButterflyeffect; 17-02-2017 at 04:04 PM.

  4. #8284
    Sri Lanka's flag carrier airline named "Best Airline in South Asia'

    http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20..._136064787.htm

  5. #8285
    Quote Originally Posted by CSButterflyeffect View Post
    yup arrival to cmb is scheduled on 26th..
    Am i correct to guess , both the 4R-ANA and 4R-ANB (A320neos) are replacing 4R-MRC and 4R-MRF in the SriLankan Airlines fleet this year ? Its because SL gov actually ordered two A320neos to replace Mihin Lanka Fleet.

    Eventually 4R-MRC and 4R-MRF were added to SriLankan fleet later on.

  6. #8286
    Quote Originally Posted by CSButterflyeffect View Post
    MRD and MRE will not be returned but will inducted to UL fleet. ABL will be returned may be during last months this year.
    Are the 4R-MRD and 4R-MRE on 6 years lease in Sri Lanka ? both of them were added to the fleet in 2012. So that means they are leaving the fleet in mid-2018 ?

    Any idea when does UL planning to paint and refurbish the cabins of 4R-MRD and 4R-MRE as SriLankan Airlines ?

    4R-ABQ and 4R-ABR were joined the fleet in 2014. In that case they are leaving Sri Lanka in 2020 ?

  7. #8287
    Senior Member Haleef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ratmalana, Sri Lanka
    Posts
    314
    Quote Originally Posted by CSButterflyeffect View Post
    yup arrival to cmb is scheduled on 26th..
    Awesome!!

  8. #8288
    Hi

    In case if a air craft fail both the engines Middle of ocean how can they handle? Like next airport is after 2000 km

  9. #8289
    https://www.colombotelegraph.com/ind...strial-action/

    Good luck getting rid of any of the Management - they are all protected at the highest level.
    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

  10. #8290
    Quote Originally Posted by ejanson65 View Post
    https://www.colombotelegraph.com/ind...strial-action/

    Good luck getting rid of any of the Management - they are all protected at the highest level.
    SriLankan Airlines 2016/17; No Significant Saving In Procurement & Fees Paid To Service Providers?

    https://www.colombotelegraph.com/ind...ice-providers/


  11. #8291
    @ Cayman...I hope you noticed the difference between Crew Expenses and Employee Cost

    I also did a quick calculation on the labor cost
    i.e. Employ. Cost + Crew Expenses/(7000*12)
    7000 # of Employ.
    12 # of Month

    it is averaging around SLR 265K per Employee per month...(There is no saving in labour cost there)

    ^^^this is one of the factors why the yield is low

    I may be wrong this is significant cost...If the oil price goes up by $10 - 15...I wonder what would happen to the bottom line...

  12. #8292
    Quote Originally Posted by Azamh View Post
    Hi

    In case if a air craft fail both the engines Middle of ocean how can they handle? Like next airport is after 2000 km
    Well, as i know when in a doul engine failure the aircraft begins to glide. A 747-200 can glide 150 km without engines. Then the RAT will be deployed automatically to supply electricity to essential instruments.

    I think that they are not planning the flight keeping alternate airports in such a distance (2000km). Flight route planning has to be done keeping the relavant distance to alternate airports in case of emergency.

  13. #8293
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandaru View Post
    Well, as i know when in a doul engine failure the aircraft begins to glide. A 747-200 can glide 150 km without engines. Then the RAT will be deployed automatically to supply electricity to essential instruments.

    I think that they are not planning the flight keeping alternate airports in such a distance (2000km). Flight route planning has to be done keeping the relavant distance to alternate airports in case of emergency.
    just a thought

    ETOPS approval for A350XWB is 370min...i.e.diversion time of 5hrs and 10min on a single engine

    @500knot distance is approx 2500nm

  14. #8294
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird View Post
    @ Cayman...I hope you noticed the difference between Crew Expenses and Employee Cost

    I also did a quick calculation on the labor cost
    i.e. Employ. Cost + Crew Expenses/(7000*12)
    7000 # of Employ.
    12 # of Month

    it is averaging around SLR 265K per Employee per month...(There is no saving in labour cost there)

    ^^^this is one of the factors why the yield is low

    I may be wrong this is significant cost...If the oil price goes up by $10 - 15...I wonder what would happen to the bottom line...
    Yes, I agree that the crew costs as well as the average cost per employee is quite high for SL.

    What I would like to see is the break down of costs between the flight crew and the cabin crew. As mentioned earlier, there is not much that can be done to curtail the flight deck crew given their very high job portability, but cabin crew expenses must be brought down significantly.

    It is a crime to pay such huge sums for a low skilled job, when the country's financials are in such dire straits.

  15. #8295
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandaru View Post
    Well, as i know when in a doul engine failure the aircraft begins to glide. A 747-200 can glide 150 km without engines. Then the RAT will be deployed automatically to supply electricity to essential instruments.

    I think that they are not planning the flight keeping alternate airports in such a distance (2000km). Flight route planning has to be done keeping the relavant distance to alternate airports in case of emergency.
    While the glide distance vary heavily on external factors as well ad the L/D ratio of the aircraft, a rough estimate is that a modern jetliner could glide up to a 100nm from typical cruise (ie FL350 or so).

    While extremely rare, in the event of a dual flame out, that is the typical distance the flight crew will have in hand to work with.

    ETOPS rating refers to the maximum duration a single engine operation is sanctioned, in the event of a single engine flame out.

    As for keeping the flight deck (EFIS) powered up I think the sequence is: Engine 1-->Engine 2---> APU---> Battery backup---> RAT

  16. #8296
    MH179 en route to CMB made a turn back to KLIA due to technical problems.

    Malaysia Airlines said the aircraft, which departed from KLIA at 10.10pm on Thursday, was forced to turn back when its auxiliary power unit (APU) was unable to start.

    “The aircraft landed uneventfully at 1.50am today, (yesterday)” it said in a statement.

    The APU is a backup power unit that is required to be switched on when an aircraft crosses over water.

    http://www.theborneopost.com/2017/02...ical-problems/

  17. #8297
    For secondary airport they should have invested money on the below airport and JAF rather than building an airport in wilderness

    http://www.sundaytimes.lk/170219/new...wn-229572.html

  18. #8298
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayman View Post
    While the glide distance vary heavily on external factors as well ad the L/D ratio of the aircraft, a rough estimate is that a modern jetliner could glide up to a 100nm from typical cruise (ie FL350 or so).

    While extremely rare, in the event of a dual flame out, that is the typical distance the flight crew will have in hand to work with.

    ETOPS rating refers to the maximum duration a single engine operation is sanctioned, in the event of a single engine flame out.

    As for keeping the flight deck (EFIS) powered up I think the sequence is: Engine 1-->Engine 2---> APU---> Battery backup---> RAT

    Yup after the Gimli Glider incident almost all the routes are planned to face the worst. I think there is a specific altitude limitation to start the APU during the flight.

  19. #8299
    Quote Originally Posted by Azamh View Post
    Hi

    In case if a air craft fail both the engines Middle of ocean how can they handle? Like next airport is after 2000 km
    The chance of a simultaneous dual engine failure are so low that they can be disregarded. The only real - world reason this would ever happen is running out of fuel.

    Depending on the certification the aircraft needs to be within a certain distance of an alternate airport at all times.

    Normally this is 1 hour flying time on 1 engine (approximately 400nm).

    If operating under ETOPS (now called LROPS) you can have this requirement increased to 2,3 or even more hours with the distance from a alternate airport increasing. Extra crew training is required and and extra fuel may be required to cover a diversion scenario. There is also additional maintenance requirements for the engines.

    Flying across the Arabian Sea (at least the N part) can be done without LROPS using Muscat/Karachi/Mumbai/Bangalore.
    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

  20. #8300

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts