This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
    I don't think. We are not going to take them back.
    Any idea why 4R-ALM is not flying since 25-Jul ?

The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
      Any idea why 4R-ALM is not flying since 25-Jul ?

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/4r-alm
      They are probably doing checks for it to leave UL.
      Haleef Ismail
      www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

They are probably doing checks for it to leave UL.
        I think ALM is in the hanger for an A check as well as for lease return checks. So in that case 4R-ALM must be the first one to be delivered to PIA? May be ALM will leave tomarrow . I can notice in FR24, 4R-ALL & 4R-ALN are still flying the UL flights.

Comment

I think ALM is in the hanger for an A check as well as for lease return checks. So in that case 4R-ALM must be the first one to be delivered to PIA? May be ALM will leave tomarrow . I can notice in FR24, 4R-ALL & 4R-ALN are still flying the UL flights.
          ALN is supposed to leave first if I'm not wrong.
          Haleef Ismail
          www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

I don't think. We are not going to take them back.
            Thats surprising! If HNA take over UL, I'd wager money that these aircraft will be back (given that HNA owns them through HKAC).

Comment

• Jacqueline brand ambassador for SriLankan Airlines

Award-winning Sri Lankan carrier Srilankan Airlines, yesterday signed on board Bollywood actress Jacqueline Fernandez, as their brand ambassador, Indian media reported.

The letter of agreement was exchanged between Srilankan Airlines Chairman Ajit Dias and Jacqueline Fernandez, at St. Regis Hotel, in Mumbai.

With this collaboration, the Srilankan Airlines brand continues to strengthen its presence in India, the agencies reported.

Commenting on the association, Jacqueline Fernandez had said it was an honour to be part of Srilankan Airlines:

"The brands heritage and ideology are depicted in its service and strong reputation, carried for many years."

"Ever since I was a kid I had great memories travelling with this airline. I am quite excited about this opportunity to represent the brand from my country origin."

Latest News Hiruja, a Volleyball star from Dhammissara MV Ashan wins coveted HSBC Premier Golf Challenge Trophy Dialog unveils ‘Home Broadband Plans’…

Comment

• Award-winning Sri Lankan carrier Srilankan Airlines, yesterday signed on board Bollywood actress Jacqueline Fernandez, as their brand ambassador,
                Brand ambassadors ? For what ?

Comment

• Originally posted by SKYBUCK729 View Post
                  She has a very good reputation and a popularity in india. so we want to be more present there I heard.

This may be the reason?

Comment

• Originally posted by SKYBUCK729 View Post
                    Exactly!

Another waste of money by an Airline that is losing Rs 1 Billion/month with projected losses for the financial year of Rs 15 Billion with further losses to come!

Whoever approved this needs to be fired ASAP - imho.

Of course it may be another corrupt deal of some kind - nothing surprises me about this Airline.
                    Last edited by ejanson65; 03-08-2016, 12:27 PM. Reason: added text
                    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Sri Lanka PM (RW) has requested Indonesia to operate Garuda on the CGK-CMB sector. Mihin Lanka is already operating Daily flights to CGK. Does CGK-CMB route have sufficient demand to operate both GA and MJ ?

Comment

• Sri Lanka to raise overflight fees

Sri Lanka is planning to revise overflight fees for aircraft crossing the airspace of the country, which will boost annual revenues by about 50 percent to $10 million, Civil Aviation Minister Nimal Siripala de Silva said.

At the moment, Sri Lanka charges a fee based on the weight for aircraft using its airspace, but under the revised system, both weight and distance will be used to charge fees, he said.

Director General of Civil Aviation H M C Nimalsiri said, over the last few year,s long distance flights from the Middle East to the Far East had expanded rapidly, increasing overflight over the island.

Sri Lanka, at the moment, has about 200 aircraft flying over the country without landing, Nimalsiri said.

Colombo's main airport has about 185 flight movements a day.

Last year, Sri Lanka has earned about a billion rupees, minister de Silva said. After the fee revision, annual revenues are expected to go up to Rs1.5 billion.

Sri Lanka has requested proposals from banks to manage a bond exchange as the island nation began talks to re-structure international sovereign bonds.

Comment

Sri Lanka PM (RW) has requested Indonesia to operate Garuda on the CGK-CMB sector. Mihin Lanka is already operating Daily flights to CGK. Does CGK-CMB route have sufficient demand to operate both GA and MJ ?
                          May be they can fly to London Amstredam via colombo instead of Singapore

Comment

• Originally posted by Max View Post
                            Sri Lanka to raise overflight fees

Sri Lanka, at the moment, has about 200 aircraft flying over the country without landing, Nimalsiri said.

Colombo's main airport has about 185 flight movements a day.
                            Wow ! Are 200 aircraft using Sri Lanka Airspace per day?
                            As far as i know below routes are being served over SL Airspace : -

- Gulf-Indonesia
                            - Gulf-Australia/New Zealand
                            - China-Maldives
                            - China-South Africa
                            - Singapore-South India
                            - Malaysia-South India

Can anyone add the routes being served over Sri Lanka Airspace without landing in SL ?

Comment

• Originally posted by ejanson65 View Post
                              Exactly!

Another waste of money by an Airline that is losing Rs 1 Billion/month with projected losses for the financial year of Rs 15 Billion with further losses to come!

Whoever approved this needs to be fired ASAP - imho.

Of course it may be another corrupt deal of some kind - nothing surprises me about this Airline.
                              Thomas Cook (India) Ltd hosted an exclusive corporate event in collaboration with Sri Lanka Convention Bureau and SriLankan Airlines to harness the significant demand for MICE travel to Sri Lanka, across mid and large Indian corporates and SMEs.

Indiainfoline.com is financial information source. Provides information on Live Stock Price, Share Market and Analysis on Equity, Sensex, Nifty, Commodity Market, personal finance, mutual funds, insurance.

Comment

Wow ! Are 200 aircraft using Sri Lanka Airspace per day?
                                As far as i know below routes are being served over SL Airspace : -

- Gulf-Indonesia
                                - Gulf-Australia/New Zealand
                                - China-Maldives
                                - China-South Africa
                                - Singapore-South India
                                - Malaysia-South India

Can anyone add the routes being served over Sri Lanka Airspace without landing in SL ?
                                Just saw Hanoi - Nairobi flight flying over SL; but these routes could be weather dependent - isn't it?

Also Singapore/Malaysia/Hong Kong/Thailand - Maldives routes are operating over SL on some days if not all.
                                Last edited by CalgaryLankan; 04-08-2016, 09:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X