Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A very good article - with just a few inaccuracies.

When MR showed up at London Heathrow with his entourage wanting to get on the flight - they actually offered him 8 seats in a full Business Class. MR could have traveled on this flight with a few of his cronies. There was an effort made to try and accommodate him - makes the subsequent dismissal of Peter Hill even more bizarre.

The author makes the mistake of thinking that this Airline can still be turned around. I did comment on why this is incorrect. So far the Daily Mirror hasn't published my comment (not the first time this has happened). I guess there is such a thing as too much truth!
    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Emirates A380
      Attached Files

Comment

• SriLankan Airlines considering flights to Ahmedabad

With SriLankan Airlines set to expand its reach in India to Hyderabad, Coimbatore and Visakhapatnam this week, the airline is also looking at the possibility of bringing Ahmedabad to its route network.

“We were trying to increase the capacity to Delhi and Mumbai to 11 frequencies from July. However, we managed to get a clearance from India’s DGCA (Directorate General of Civil Aviation) for 4 additional frequencies weekly to only Delhi because of the non-availability of slots at Mumbai Airport. The flights to Delhi started operating last week, where we now offer 11 weekly connections.

While evaluating our options in West India, after Mumbai, Ahmedabad seems to be the best option. The cards are on the table for Ahmedabad and the management will take a call soon,” said Lal Perera, Regional Manager – Indian Subcontinent & Middle East, SriLankan Airlines. He was talking on the sidelines of the opening of SriLankan Airlines’ new office in Andheri in suburban Mumbai recently.

Talking about India expansion with connections to the 3 new cities in South India, Dimuthu Tennakoon, Head of Worldwide Sales & Distribution, SriLankan Airlines, said, “India is the top source market for SriLankan Airlines. With the addition of 3 new destinations, SriLankan now connects 14 destinations in India with 126 weekly flights. Besides these cities, the other destinations in India are serviced with daily or double daily flights. We realised that Hyderabad, Coimbatore and Visakhapatnam would benefit our pan India network for travel to Colombo and onward connections.”

The focus of these three flights from India is on business and leisure traffic.

Travelbizmonitor.com, India\'s only online news travel portal. We feature news from India and APAC across all verticals of the travel and tourism industry on a daily basis.

Comment

• Government to bring regulations on operation of drones

The Civil Aviation Authority of Sri Lanka has taken steps to implement the standards and regulations for using drones for aerial photography.

Authorities say information have been received on operating drones inappropriately and therefore a one day workshop has been held at the auditorium of the Civil Aviation Authority, Hunupitiya on Friday to formulate a legal system to regulate the drone use.

The Ministry of Transport and Civil Aviation says that, in addition to obtaining the registration and approval of the Civil Aviation Authority of Sri Lanka, permission for drone use has to be obtained in future from the Ministry of Defense in the areas the drone is being operated.

Operating a drone with a weight less than 200 g within less than 150 feet of the operator's territory for educational or hobby purposes does not require a permission or registration.

Owners of drone cameras over 200g have to register with the Civil Aviation Authority and obtain permission to fly the drone.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
            EK is operating A380 service to Colombo on direct flight only on the 14-Aug-2017. Colombo arrival time is 16:10 and Colombo departure time is 22:10. Operating flight EK654/655.
            So, the A380 is in CMB for 6 hours?

Comment

• Hi,

Are the A320's at Srilankan under a refurbishment program? I saw a picture up on instgram.
              (I hope it is, as the interiors of the A320's ABM/N/O/P are quite weared out and the entertainment system is not great)

Comment

• Originally posted by SLD View Post
                So, the A380 is in CMB for 6 hours?
                yes. EK A380 (EK654) will be at CMB for 6 hours before heading back to DXB as EK655.

Gents - Any reason why EK is flying A380 to CMB on the 14-Aug ? does that means EK sold 400+ seats for the particular flight?

Hi Umedha - Does EK still have plans to fly DXB-CMB-MEL ?

Comment

EK is operating A380 service to Colombo on direct flight only on the 14-Aug-2017. Colombo arrival time is 16:10 and Colombo departure time is 22:10. Operating flight EK654/655.

they will use only one time A380 to colombo ? i mean only 14-Aug-2017?
                  because i ve tried to find another flight with A380 but i didnt find anything only normal EK654 with B77W
                  Last edited by niK; 15-07-2017, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Yes only 1 day !!!

Comment

• QR operates an additional flight eff 01 aug 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by 4R-SRD View Post
                        QR operates an additional flight eff 01 aug 2017
                        QR is increasing Colombo flights from 3 to 4 Daily , effective 1st Aug 2017.

DOH-CMB - 02:10 - 09:55 - QR664 - DAILY
                        DOH-CMB - 07:35 - 15:20 - QR654 - 7
                        DOH-CMB - 08:00 - 15:45 - QR654 - 12456
                        DOH-CMB - 10:00 - 17:45 - QR654 - 3
                        DOH-CMB - 18:00 - 01:45 - QR668 - DAILY
                        DOH-CMB - 18:50 - 02:55 - QR662 - DAILY

Comment

yes. EK A380 (EK654) will be at CMB for 6 hours before heading back to DXB as EK655.

Gents,

Any reason why EK is flying A380 to CMB on the 14-Aug ? does that means EK sold 400+ seats for the particular flight?
                          Probably to check the infrastructure...A380 readiness...I highly doubt CMB is ready to receive A380...I definitely know for baggage handling in CMB sucks, specially arrivals belts cannot even handle a 747 properly. overflowing check In, immigration and security clearance. PAX movement in CMB already exceeds it design limitation by 50%
                          Last edited by Speedbird; 15-07-2017, 07:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
                            Probably to check the infrastructure...A380 readiness...I highly doubt CMB is ready to receive A380...I definitely know for baggage handling in CMB sucks, specially arrivals belts cannot even handle a 747 properly. overflowing check In, immigration and security clearance. PAX movement in CMB already exceeds it design limitation by 50%
                            According to Wikipedia, only Charlie Apron has the capability to facilitate A380s. And there are no Aero-bridges there. So yes! it will be buses indeed!!
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
                              Are they going to switch on the outer two engines?

Comment

Gents - Any reason why EK is flying A380 to CMB on the 14-Aug ? does that means EK sold 400+ seats for the particular flight?

Hi Umedha - Does EK still have plans to fly DXB-CMB-MEL ?
                                Hi Banu, yes thats what i heard. EK applied permission to use this route and got the approval. They will start the route later this year or beginning of next year. Probably EK654 is a test flight to see how CMB handles the A380?
                                ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

Working...
                                X