X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
    Exactly, that's why ABP is still here.
    4R-ABP has been ferried to AUH as UL1205, today. I thought its been ferried for one of the end-of-lease-checks which have to be carried out by third-party aircraft maintenance provider. Please confirm.

Comment

• SriLankan Chief given marching orders
      Saturday, 27 January 2018 00:59

Manoj Gunawardene likely successor

Controversial SriLankan Airlines CEO Suren Ratwatte was asked to step down following a Board meeting on Thursday with Manoj Gunawardene tipped to be the hot favourite to take over, top Government officials confirmed.

The move comes amidst plans to restructure the troubled national carrier, with its Chairman and Board of Directors expected to step down once the Government finalises the reform agenda.

“The CEO has stepped down and Manoj Gunawardene is very likely to be his replacement,” a senior Government official who spoke to Daily FT on the condition of anonymity said.

When asked about the changes, a member of the Board said “decisions on restructuring and changes in personnel need approval of the ministerial committee under the Prime Minister which includes the line Minister.”

The appointment will be finalised during next week’s board meeting upon Company Chairman Ajit Dias’ return to the country, Daily FT learnt.

SriLankan Airline employee unions had repeatedly called for Ratwatte’s removal from the post amidst claims that he was unable to keep the cash trapped airline from taking a nosedive. The Unions were receptive of the possibility of Guwardene’s appointment.

Gunawardene held the same portfolio for a period of three years from 2008.

Controversial SriLankan Airlines CEO Suren Ratwatte was asked to step down following a Board meeting on Thursday with Manoj Gunawardene tipped to be the hot favourite to take over, top Government officials confirmed. ..

Comment

• Originally posted by SLD View Post
        I don't think that it is economical for Emirates to operate CMB-SYD/MEL as it has to grab the market share from UL.
        And this will directly affect UL's CMB-MEL route load factor and market share.
        It will more than likely be economical for Emirates to operate to Australia via CMB as it will help stimulate new traffic from Australia. It will however be at the expense of UL and carriers such as MH and SQ who operate via their hubs. My money would be on a service to SYD if it happens. This also could be good for Sri Lanka as a whole as it will help lower airfares from Australia and put Sri Lanka on the map in Australia even more.

Comment

• SriLankan Board votes to sack CEO Suren Ratwatte

The Board of Directors of SriLankan Airlines, which won a new lease of life, decided by majority vote to sack their Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Suren Ratwatte. The board met on Thursday for the first time after all of them except one handed in their resignations, but Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe asked them to continue in office until the board was reconstituted. The board took up the continuation of Mr. Ratwatte as CEO of the national airline despite it not being on the agenda and voted by a majority a 5-2 vote to remove him. The CEO was to be told verbally of the board decision to be followed by a letter.

Among those who voted against the removal of the CEO was the airline’s Chairman. One of the issues raised against the CEO Ratwatte is that he had falsely misled the COPE (Committee on Public Enterprises), the parliamentary oversight committee, a matter on which the board had charge sheeted him in November last year. At least one board has initiated a separate investigation on revenue management under the CEO, as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by lordvader View Post
            SriLankan Chief given marching orders
            Saturday, 27 January 2018 00:59

Manoj Gunawardene likely successor

Controversial SriLankan Airlines CEO Suren Ratwatte was asked to step down following a Board meeting on Thursday with Manoj Gunawardene tipped to be the hot favourite to take over, top Government officials confirmed.

The move comes amidst plans to restructure the troubled national carrier, with its Chairman and Board of Directors expected to step down once the Government finalises the reform agenda.

“The CEO has stepped down and Manoj Gunawardene is very likely to be his replacement,” a senior Government official who spoke to Daily FT on the condition of anonymity said.

When asked about the changes, a member of the Board said “decisions on restructuring and changes in personnel need approval of the ministerial committee under the Prime Minister which includes the line Minister.”

The appointment will be finalised during next week’s board meeting upon Company Chairman Ajit Dias’ return to the country, Daily FT learnt.

SriLankan Airline employee unions had repeatedly called for Ratwatte’s removal from the post amidst claims that he was unable to keep the cash trapped airline from taking a nosedive. The Unions were receptive of the possibility of Guwardene’s appointment.

Gunawardene held the same portfolio for a period of three years from 2008.

http://www.ft.lk/front-page/SriLanka...ders/44-648229
            Is it good decision Manoj Gunawarena taking over the CEO position at SriLankan Airlines?

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
              Is it good decision Manoj Gunawarena taking over the CEO position at SriLankan Airlines?
              lol he was there before...anyway person is measured by the steps he has taken...Anyway what was he doing in London?

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
                lol he was there before...anyway person is measured by the steps he has taken...Anyway what was he doing in London?
                They created a special position just for him.

Big salary and all expenses and taxes paid by UL. For close to 10 years.

Big money for doing absolutely nothing. Sound familiar?

Not sure why he would accept the position - nobody want to have their name attached to the coming shutdown.

It seems there are still a lot of naive people who seem to think that changing a few people is all that is needed to turn the Airline around.
                Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Originally posted by ejanson65 View Post
                  They created a special position just for him.

Big salary and all expenses and taxes paid by UL. For close to 10 years.

I knew that...I also knew that apprentaly some of his council tax was also looked after by UL...So my question is what is his performance on running an airline...answer is simple absolutely nothing

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
                    I knew that...I also knew that apprentaly some of his council tax was also looked after by UL...So my question is what is his performance on running an airline...answer is simple absolutely nothing

Comment

• Airline review: SriLankan Airlines from Melbourne to Colombo, business class

Read more: http://www.traveller.com.au/airline-...#ixzz55jWWeZ00

Comment

• After 9 days of inactivity, 4R-ANE departed from BKK. Must be heading back to CMB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandaru View Post
                          After 9 days of inactivity, 4R-ANE departed from BKK. Must be heading back to CMB.
                          And it appears that they are taking the long route by staying close to the coast/land, so whatever issue with the engine it seems it is not fully resolved.

https://www.flightradar24.com/ALK1423/10494693

Comment

• Originally posted by leyland View Post
                            And it appears that they are taking the long route by staying close to the coast/land, so whatever issue with the engine it seems it is not fully resolved.

https://www.flightradar24.com/ALK1423/10494693
                            Came back from BKK today. No ETOPS (probably cancelled maybe) is my guess, that's the reason it tracked over land. Bad time period for ANE. :/
                            Haleef Ismail
                            www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
                              Came back from BKK today. No ETOPS (probably cancelled maybe) is my guess, that's the reason it tracked over land. Bad time period for ANE. :/
                              I think you are correct, ANE is now airborne as UL207 to AUH and I think ETOPS is not required for most ME destinations

Comment

• Originally posted by leyland View Post
                                I think you are correct, ANE is now airborne as UL207 to AUH and I think ETOPS is not required for most ME destinations
                                ETOPS only required when flying for more than 60 minutes flying time away from the nearest airport suitable for emergency landing. ME and Indian destinations do not require ETOPS.
                                Haleef Ismail
                                www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

Working...
                                X