This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lordvader View Post
    Wouldn't be surprised to see the 3 A333s return back to SriLankan under a new owner who will know how to properly utilise the aircraft.
    True. Could be very useful if capacity or flight frequencies are increased to China, Southeast asia and Middle east

Comment

• Originally posted by TheF15Ace View Post
      I thought PIA will be using their new 787s for premier service once they start arriving in 2017

I highly doubt that PIA will extend the Lease agreement with UL.
      -Aaqib Hussain
      (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
      www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

• Agreed!
        Currently UL has around 10 A330's (If i'm not mistaken) to use on Long-Haul routes such as China and the Middle East and it would be practical if the New Owners Recover the Leased A330-300's from PIA since they are in pretty much a sad state lacking maintenance.

I feel that Sri Lankan may be given a couple of aircraft from its New Parent Company as well Similar to how Singapore Airlines 777's where given to Scoot which proved to be a very practical decision

Imagine if we were still with Emirates! UL would have been having a fare share amount of 777's operating under them.
        A wasted opportunity
        -Aaqib Hussain
        (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
        www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

• Well said and totally agreed. EK has a few 773 and 77H with fairly enough cycles left. Like you said if UL were still managed by EK we would have got a good chance of operating them. 777-300ER the benchmark for a widebody twin-jet, unfortunately a very sorry state of affairs, bad arrogance, and corrupt politics have destroyed all hopes of all local aviation enthusiasts and placed the burden of debt on the tax payers head.

Comment

• The world’s most popular flight tracker. Track planes in real-time on our flight tracker map and get up-to-date flight status & airport information.

4R-ALH is flying MJ501/2

Comment

• You will need to disable adblocker software to read this article.

I guess even Forbes isn't buying Ajith Dias and his BS. Videos are just more "Big Talk" imho.

The controversial Weliamuna Report which accused SriLankan Airlines top officials and employees of financial misappropriation has been dismissed by the

No surprises here - the "Game of Shape" continues with no justice for those of us who are victims of Abuse of Power.

For the record - I have submitted signed letters, e-mails and a detailed timeline to the Weliamuna Commission - there's more than enough there.

Sorry guys - there's nothing here to be positive about.
              Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Canada, Sri Lanka discuss fully-fledged Code Share Agreement

Canada and Sri Lanka have discussed and agreed in principle to have a fully-fledged Code Share Agreement, the Sri Lankan High Commission in Canada said. The discussion took place on the sidelines of the 39th tri-annual Assembly of the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) which was held

Comment

• 4R-MRF is not flying for last couple of days. Is it undergoing lease return checks or being painted in SriLankan livery ?

Comment

• 4R-ALH in DAC. Flying as MJ501/502 | Source: Bangladesh Aviation Hub

Comment

• 4R-MRF is painting on hangar

Comment

• National carrier SriLankan Airlines on Wednesday announced its future restructuring plans, takeover of Mihin Lanka and rebranding, returning four Airbus

Embedded within this article:

"Mr. Ratwatte noted that their current daily flights to London would be increased to nine frequencies per week for winter and their ultimate aim would be to increase it to double daily."

Comment

• Originally posted by Cayman View Post
                          http://www.sundaytimes.lk/161009/bus...ng-211519.html

Embedded within this article:

"Mr. Ratwatte noted that their current daily flights to London would be increased to nine frequencies per week for winter and their ultimate aim would be to increase it to double daily."
                          yup there is small problem with that they sold the LHR slots

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
                            yup there is small problem with that they sold the LHR slots
                            Were they?

I thought they were leased out.

Anyway, LHR was by far the only profitable (or the least hemorrhaging) of European operations for UL until recently, so it makes sense to preserve that gateway by increasing the frequency, especially now that UL has enough metal with long enough legs to operate fully loaded.

It also provides a one stop connection for the passengers from continental Europe to CMB, not dis-similar to what the ME3 has to offer.

Whether they like to change planes in LHR is another matter altogether!

Comment

• What is happening to PIA leases ? So far they have taken only one 4R-ALN what about other 3 Are they taking or deal cancelled

Comment

• Originally posted by Cayman View Post
                                Were they?

I thought they were leased out.

Anyway, LHR was by far the only profitable (or the least hemorrhaging) of European operations for UL until recently, so it makes sense to preserve that gateway by increasing the frequency, especially now that UL has enough metal with long enough legs to operate fully loaded.

It also provides a one stop connection for the passengers from continental Europe to CMB, not dis-similar to what the ME3 has to offer.

Whether they like to change planes in LHR is another matter altogether!
                                Sold...with KLM opening up...it is matter of time...

On a side note AC is building NA to South Asian connection by utilizing 787s
                                AC is doubling DEL and opening up BOM...

Comment

Working...
                                X