This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by suganya07 View Post
    Hey folks what are the benefits and cons of today's government and past government in terms of aviation and tourism?
    in a nutshell Past Government of MR is a bunch of thieves and todays government of RW is bunch of idiots.

Comment

• For an example of how to manage leasing costs:-

My company has 4 A343 and 1 A345. One is owned and the others are leased at very low rates or on an hourly basis. I'll bet the leasing costs/month for the entire fleet are less than what UL pays for leasing one of the new A333!

With the lower fuel price there is no problem finding work for this fleet. All the aircraft are currently flying.

That's the difference between having people who know what they are doing and a bunch of appointed, unqualified and incompetent clowns who are only looking out for themselves.
      Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Guys,

If at all, MJ is shut down, will UL take over all its a/c? Is that easy to transfer leased planes before the lease ends? Will there be some kind of penalty for not completing the lease by MJ ?

Comment

• Originally posted by MalaysiaMustafa View Post
          Guys,

If at all, MJ is shut down, will UL take over all its a/c? Is that easy to transfer leased planes before the lease ends? Will there be some kind of penalty for not completing the lease by MJ ?
          Shouldn't be any issue. As long as the leases are paid the leasing company doesn't care who pays them.
          Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Another day - more allegations and infighting.....

Commentary:-

The entire aircraft leasing story needs to be investigated. There are signed contracts that have names on them - someone signed these deals on behalf of the Airline.

My best guess is that if the lease is directly between the leasing company and the Airline then there is no fraud. Too high lease payments is simple incompetence. Based on my experience at UL I suspect that the entire fleet at UL is leased at too high rates.

This represents a significant portion of the monthly losses.

Any fraud took place on the sale and leaseback - where the purchase price paid and the sale price are different. And of course there is the question of who received the commissions from the various "deals" (well over $100 Million Dollars). This is why only new aircraft are ordered.

I don't expect anything other than talk - any investigation will be stopped or de-railed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
              http://www.ft.lk/article/556620/UL-taxiing-for-reform

SriLankan officials are presently in Islamabad ironing out the details of the handover, including possible logo changes and crew security, they said, with the first aircraft to be handed over in August on a wet lease. Last month SriLankan announced they would be pulling out of the Frankfurt and Paris routes by October while Rome was dropped in February.

]
              The deal is being worked out at government level on both sides, and I am not sure what was offered to the Gov of Pakistan in return. Hopefully it's not SLAF having to take JF-17s.

Comment

• Pakistan national carrier confirms talks with SriLankan on leasing four A330s

Comment

• Originally posted by MalaysiaMustafa View Post
                  Guys,

Unofficially, I am sure MJ is fattening somebody's pocket, so there is no urgency to wind it down

Originally posted by Serendib View Post
                  Pakistan national carrier confirms talks with SriLankan on leasing four A330s

http://www.colombopage.com/archive_1...69340732CH.php
                  Well, more UL routes are being cannibalised then ?

Comment

• Originally posted by ecureilx View Post
                    Unofficially, I am sure MJ is fattening somebody's pocket, so there is no urgency to wind it down
                    What's new here...

Well, more UL routes are being cannibalised then ?
                    UL is becoming a travel agent (code sharing) and aircraft leasing company

Comment

• Biman Bangladesh has got approval to fly to Colombo. They are expected to start flights shortly.

Former Chancellor of Germany, Helmut Kohl, made significant donation towards construction after witnessing devastation caused by tsunami

Comment

• Originally posted by ODVG View Post
                        Biman Bangladesh has got approval to fly to Colombo. They are expected to start flights shortly.

http://www.economynext.com/Biman_Ban...-3-5692-6.html
                        I thought BG already got approval to fly CMB and they were waiting for additional aircraft to launch CMB? If they did start CMB they will use their new B737. In the same news it say Nepal's Himalaya Airlines to start regular flights to CMB by end of this year.

Comment

• Singapore – Colombo eff 06JAN17 SQ466/465 service moves from daytime to nighttime, overall remains unchanged at 10 weekly

SQ466 SIN1935 – 2055CMB 333 356
                          SQ468 SIN2235 – 2355CMB 333 D

I believe most airlines will re-schedule flights to night time, EK, QR, ET, etc. Which means BIA is gonna be pretty congested in the late evenings/early mornings. It's already over crowded during those times.
                          Last edited by anthonylk; 27-07-2016, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• KLM Colombo resumption

It looks like KLM has slightly adjusted the schedule for the CMB seasonal service from the one originally reported by airlineroute.net.

Now it shows as follows ;

effective from 31OCT16 to 24 Mar17 Amsterdam – Colombo 2 weekly
                            KL873 AMS 0955 – 0010+1CMB 789 15
                            KL874 CMB 0210 – 0835 AMS 789 26

This is much better for the North American connections.

Any possibility that this service becomes year around ?

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryLankan View Post

This is much better for the North American connections.

Pretty good for one way connections from Moscow(SVO) to CMB too

Comment

• An Emirates flight EK 342 from Dubai to Kuala Lumpur diverted to Colombo today (28th) evening. Rreason Unknown.

Aircraft Landed on Colombo International Airport at 6.30 PM local time (13:00 UTC).
                                The aircraft landed on runway 22 and used the whole runway during the landing, then the aircraft vacated the runway from last taxiway Echo.

Aircraft Registration - A6-EES
                                Aircraft Type - Airbus A380-861
                                Construction Number (MSN) - 140
                                Special Livery - "Arsenal F.C."

Comment

Working...
                                X