Sri Lanka Aviation
Mobile View

News Headlines..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 491 of 491 FirstFirst ... 391 441 481 489 490 491
Results 9,801 to 9,809 of 9809
    Quote Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
    Did UL pay a penalty to Air Lease Corp for cancelling the single A350 order? I think the A350 order with Air Lease Corp was cancelled before airframe come into production.
    Some where in between of US$98 - 150 Million. They took a loan from Credit Suise (#1) for that sometime in spring/summer 2017
    Last edited by Speedbird; 21-02-2018 at 01:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haleef View Post
    Last few 359s also cancelled? The ones due to come after 2020?
    As per below link , Four A359 order are going to be replaced with A321s.

http://airsrilanka.org/showthread.ph...ll=1#post17000

Quote Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
    As per below link , Four A359 order are going to be replaced with A321s.

http://airsrilanka.org/showthread.ph...ll=1#post17000
    Don't believe this is correct.

My understanding this had been discussed and rejected by airbus.

As far as I know they have to pay for 4 A350 (still U$800 Million to be paid according to the papers).

Same with the leases - they have tried to renegotiate these without result.

Both of the above represent several $$ Billion in forward liabilities.

I am also noticing an almost complete news blackout regarding UL since early February - not sure what this all about.
    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Qatar targets 100 aircraft fleet for prospective Indian carrier

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...ve-ind-446065/

SL Government now needs to remember to use another random ME country who is waiting in line to 'invest' in UL in future.

All the probes and whatnot on UL that were promised have gone quite after the elections.

Quote Originally Posted by ejanson65 View Post
    My understanding this had been discussed and rejected by airbus..
    Can UL make the 350 work with their current route structure if they are forced to take them?

I can't think of any destinations than LHR and maybe Australia? They seem to be doing quite well in Melbourne though I am not sure if they can maintain it all year long.

AI is planning to increase the number of Australian flights; not sure if it is due to UL doing well with Indian transit traffic.

any idea why 4R-ABQ is inactive since 16feb? maintenance ?

Quote Originally Posted by LukeSkywalker View Post
    Can UL make the 350 work with their current route structure if they are forced to take them?

I can't think of any destinations than LHR and maybe Australia? They seem to be doing quite well in Melbourne though I am not sure if they can maintain it all year long.

AI is planning to increase the number of Australian flights; not sure if it is due to UL doing well with Indian transit traffic.
    There is no requirement or justification for the A350 at UL.

Aircraft orders at UL have nothing whatsoever to do with the requirements of the Airline. It's all about Commissions for the Politicians and their cronies.

Given the previously posted load factors on the Melbourne flight - my guess is that it is a money loser.
    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Quote Originally Posted by 4R-ALA View Post
    any idea why 4R-ABQ is inactive since 16feb? maintenance ?
    Maintenance. Saw it at the A321 hangar.

Quote Originally Posted by Haleef View Post
    Maintenance. Saw it at the A321 hangar.
    oh ok, thank you.

Did 4R-ALQ come back to CMB 22 feb as UL168 as yesterdays NRT and today early morning to LHR are all delayed over 4 hours - I'm assuming is because 4R-ALQ is still in COK (due to some tech issue?)