This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cayman View Post
    According to Government sources, G650 is carrying the CEOs of EK, EY, QR, DL, AA, UA, BA and SQ arriving in Colombo for a bidding war to buy a non-controlling 49% stake in the national carrier.

G550 is carrying their cash
    What about JL and NH...what happened to those two?

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
      EK is planning to operate seasonal once a week flight (EK2572/2573) on DXB-CMB-DXB every Saturdays from 16-Jul until 26-Aug-2017. Any chance this flight operated by A380?
      I confirmed with them. As of now there is no planned schedule for A380

Comment

• Originally posted by SLD View Post
        Evening flights to CMB are in a holding pattern. Anyone knows why?
        Could you please tell me what time does this happened? Only reason I can think of CMB does the weekly mini-maintenance for the runway every Wednesdays afternoon.

Comment

• Sri Lankan has Planned to Increase Daily Flights to Dubai from January 2018 As per their flight schedule.

UL 226 - 1835 [Usual Scheduled Flight Daily] A330
          UL 231 - 1345 [Starting from January Daily] A320

Comment

• Originally posted by AnjulaMalshan View Post

Ah ok. Any update on EK introducing 5th Daily flights on Dubai-Colombo?

Comment

According to Government sources, G650 is carrying the CEOs of EK, EY, QR, DL, AA, UA, BA and SQ arriving in Colombo for a bidding war to buy a non-controlling 49% stake in the national carrier.

G550 is carrying their cash
              Guys, above was a tongue in cheek comment.

Don't take it literally!

As for the Gulfs, I have no idea who was in them.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                Could you please tell me what time does this happened? Only reason I can think of CMB does the weekly mini-maintenance for the runway every Wednesdays afternoon.
                From 4.45pm to 5.30pm. It affected UL flights from India and a Qatar airways flight.

Comment

Sri Lankan has Planned to Increase Daily Flights to Dubai from January 2018 As per their flight schedule.

UL 226 - 1835 [Usual Scheduled Flight Daily] A330
                  UL 231 - 1345 [Starting from January Daily] A320
                  Please advise how did you find out UL is going to operate double daily on CMB-DXB.

As far I can notice from Amadeus, UL will have only 11 weekly on CMB-DXB from Dec. I have listed the Winter 2017 Expansion plans below.

- Oct - Daily nonstop flights to Melbourne
                  - Nov - Increasing Delhi flights from 11 to 13 weekly
                  - Dec - Increasing Doha flights from 7 to 11 weekly
                  - Dec - Increasing Dubai flights from 7 to 11 weekly

Comment

• Update on the massive Incompetence.....

Let me take a wild guess - no investigation and no accountability.
                    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

Guys, above was a tongue in cheek comment.

Don't take it literally!

As for the Gulfs, I have no idea who was in them.
                      Most people understood that...i must emphasise on the word Most

Comment

• A321neo SriLankan 4R-AND by Tobias Gudat, auf Flickr
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Delay in return penalty cost Sri Lankan Airlines U$D70,000

http://newsinflight.com/2017/07/14/d...lines-ud70000/
                          Sri Lankan Airlines has incurred penalties of USD700,000 for the late return of an A320-200 to sub-lessor IndiGo Airlines( Delhi, India)

According to company sources who spoke to the News 1st online news portal, 4R-ABK (msn 2584) was due to have been returned to the Indian Low Cost Carrier IndiGo Airlines on May 8 but has been retained for unspecified maintenance reasons.
                          Analysis of FlightRadar24 ADS-B data shows the aircraft was withdrawn from regular commercial service on December 31, 2016. In April, it was ferried to Jakarta Soekarno-Hatta, Indonesia where it remained, presumably for maintenance, until May 19 when it was ferried back to Colombo, Sri lanka
                          The aircraft has been parked in the Sri Lankan capital ever since.

SriLankan Airlines declined to comment stating the affair is subject to commercial confidentiality clauses.
                          Last edited by umedhah; 14-07-2017, 07:17 AM.
                          ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Originally posted by XFW-Spotter View Post
                            A321neo SriLankan 4R-AND[/url] by Tobias Gudat, auf Flickr
                            A321-251N, SriLankan, D-AZAB, 4R-AND (MSN 7697) is in the air for the 1st flight

Comment

• How political interference made SriLankan crashland

The first Sri Lankan flag carrier Air Ceylon [1947-1979] terminated its operations to pave way for Air Lanka [1979-98]. Following its partial acquirement by Emirates in 1998, it was re-branded SriLankan Airlines. From 1998 it was dressed in the current livery.  ..

Comment

EK is operating A380 service to Colombo on direct flight only on the 14-Aug-2017. Colombo arrival time is 16:10 and Colombo departure time is 22:10. Operating flight EK654/655.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X