This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello to everyone on the forum,

Is there another leased A330-200 aircraft on the way for UL?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach3 View Post
      Just curious,
      Does all UL Airbus A330-200 have PTV's. If not what are the registrations that have. Since UL is operating them on long flights as well, what is the state of its cabin. I heard some are already showing signs of aging.
      All A330-200's have PTVs but the entertainment is not very good. 4R- ALA/B/C/D have one product, 4R-ALH/J have one product but the entertainment is the same. Cabins worn out.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
        Good to know Wataniya Airways is returning to business ! Are they going to add A320ER to fly KWI-CMB ? I doubt a standard A320 aircraft could fly nonstop from KWI-CMB without a technical stop.
        Yes. I can remember KU operating A320 with sharklets to CMB. Was a very rare occurrence though as in the past they operated the A340-300 but now unfortunately it is replaced with A330-200. If anyone has flown on their A330-200 please share your experience. Last year I flew on their A340-300 and it was time travel basically, Very old airplane in which all hell has broken loose. Hope the service is improved with their A330-200.

Comment

• Originally posted by Azamh View Post
          Any idea why atclive application srilanka has been removed ? Also Singapore
          Because who ever feeding live ATC of CMB to liveatc.net has stopped the feed. liveatc.net removes inactive streams.

Comment

Yes. I can remember KU operating A320 with sharklets to CMB. Was a very rare occurrence though as in the past they operated the A340-300 but now unfortunately it is replaced with A330-200. If anyone has flown on their A330-200 please share your experience. Last year I flew on their A340-300 and it was time travel basically, Very old airplane in which all hell has broken loose. Hope the service is improved with their A330-200.
            I flown on ku a330 business class last 3 weeks ago actually there are services are basic ok.
            They had a turbulence for almost 2 hours made us crazy....
            Cabin crew v arrogant food is nothing much...only good thing is wifi

Comment

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Comment

• What happen to 4R-ALB. It has been diverted to Bangkok as original flight was HRI-PEK. Technical issues?

Comment

• PeaceAir opposes retrenching 400 UL experts

PeaceAir, the international airline of Sri Lankan origin, has confirmed that it has received the SWIFT (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Transfer) code to acquire national carrier SriLankan Airlines and...... Budget carrier Mihin.

Peace Air ( Pvt) Ltd Chairman Gamini Herman Wettasinghe has in January written to Ashwin de Silva, Chairman of the NSB Fund Management Co. Ltd, which is also a wholly-owned subsidiary of the National Savings Bank) stating that he was pleased to announce that his partners and bankers have confirmed that the SWIFT code had been sent to the company. He has also said he did not understand why, at this stage, the present Board of Directors of SriLankan Airlines is taking action to terminate 400 aviation experts when a Director of the company Ireha Wettasinghe has clearly clarified to media that in the opinion of the company 7,000 professional, skilled and disciplined staff of the national carrier and the budget carrier were the only valuable asset of both carriers.

He also said as soon as the due diligence study is completed he was going to take over the national and budget carriers with the assurance that all the employees would be retained.

He has also enclosed a copy of a news release issued by Deputy Minister of State for State Enterprise Development Eran Wickremaratne to the Xinhua newspaper of China on 16 December 2016, that the vision of the government was to make SriLankan Airlines a regional carrier, which, Wettasinghe said was very damaging.

In a separate communiqué to Transport and Aviation Minister Nimal Siripala de Silva, he has said the Expressions of Interest process of the divestiture of the national carrier was replete with malpractices.

He said while his company was able to attract US $ 5.5 Billion, and was proceeding with the bid, it was nevertheless very upset that a prominent minister and another present Economic Committee Member-Minister flew to Qatar to negotiate with Qatar Airways while the EOI was in progress and we had reached the stage of due diligence. We were also to get a SWIFT confirmation and we did so and we were asked to get another SWIFT confirmation from a rated bank, which we have happily done, Wettasinghe has told Transport Minister Nimal Siripala de Silva.

He has also said he was awaiting the due diligence report for the three selected parties.

He has also drawn the attention of the minister that he, as a Sri Lankan, came home to invest and that all he heard was that the government wanted to divest the national carrier to a foreign party despite their wanting to make SriLankan and Mihin regional carriers when he and his company wanted to convert both into international airlines.

He also said that his company has sent a bid for the Mattala Airport for US $ 2.2 Billion and that the offer had been sent by the Airport Authorities to the Cabinet Appointed Evaluation Committee.

We urge you to evaluate our proposal and let us know how we should proceed with our due diligence exercise, he said.

No other single bidder for SriLankan Airlines or any other bids have been given SWIFT documents. They only asked us, Wettasinghe told the Transport Minister.

Comment

• Originally posted by Srilankan1 View Post
                    He said while his company was able to attract US $ 5.5 Billion, and was proceeding with the bid, it was nevertheless very upset that a prominent minister and another present Economic Committee Member-Minister flew to Qatar to negotiate with Qatar Airways while the EOI was in progress and we had reached the stage of due diligence. We were also to get a SWIFT confirmation and we did so and we were asked to get another SWIFT confirmation from a rated bank, which we have happily done, Wettasinghe has told Transport Minister Nimal Siripala de Silva.

He has also said he was awaiting the due diligence report for the three selected parties.

He has also drawn the attention of the minister that he, as a Sri Lankan, came home to invest and that all he heard was that the government wanted to divest the national carrier to a foreign party despite their wanting to make SriLankan and Mihin regional carriers when he and his company wanted to convert both into international airlines.

He also said that his company has sent a bid for the Mattala Airport for US $ 2.2 Billion and that the offer had been sent by the Airport Authorities to the Cabinet Appointed Evaluation Committee.
                    Interesting

Comment

• More Fairy Tales - the article makes no sense whatsoever imho.
                      Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Originally posted by ejanson65 View Post
                        More Fairy Tales - the article makes no sense whatsoever imho.
                        Is there any changes in management of the SriLankan Airlines very recently ?

I was reading the news about SriLankan Airlines increasing the Bahrain and Muscat flights with Daily flights from May 2017. SriLankan Airlines COO, Mr. Siva Ramachandran was giving the interview to the media this time. CEO Mr.Suren Ratwette or Chairman Mr.Ajith Dias usually do these interviews to the media. This is a first time COO is coming to the media interview. COO is also said SriLankan have 80% average passenger load on Muscat flights and they are looking at starting a new destination in Salalah in the future.

What's your opinion about SriLankan COO Mr. Siva Ramachandran? Is he suitable for the role?

Comment

I was reading the news about SriLankan Airlines increasing the Bahrain and Muscat flights with Daily flights from May 2017. SriLankan Airlines COO, Mr. Siva Ramachandran was giving the interview to the media this time. CEO Mr.Suren Ratwette or Chairman Mr.Ajith Dias usually do these interviews to the media. This is a first time COO is coming to the media interview. COO is also said SriLankan have 80% average passenger load on Muscat flights and they are looking at starting a new destination in Salalah in the future.

What's your opinion about SriLankan COO Mr. Siva Ramachandran? Is he suitable for the role?
                          Actually Mr Siva seems to be a good qualified person also experienced in the industry..
                          Also I notice UL discipline has improved...
                          Still we can't predict anything till the new owner

Comment

Could Salalah make profit for UL?

Comment

Operating to Salalah is a pretty stupid idea just like Gan
                              They should look to increase capacity to Muscat preferably to a daily flight
                              I'm at CMB at the moment waiting for my flight to MCT will update on the load factor and the feasibility operating a daily connection
                              -Aaqib Hussain
                              (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
                              www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
                                Operating to Salalah is a pretty stupid idea just like Gan
                                They should look to increase capacity to Muscat preferably to a daily flight
                                I'm at CMB at the moment waiting for my flight to MCT will update on the load factor and the feasibility operating a daily connection
                                Salalah has a big work force of indian, Like kochi,chennai,trivandarupuram flights will be full
                                currently air india express caters, i think srilankan can catch that market
                                also lots of indonesian working over there,
                                its a good move..

Comment

Working...
                                X