This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by newsflasher View Post
    A330 deal may be on its way off as PIA are reconsidering Premier brand after huge losses since it started.
    What's going to happen to SriLankan A333 (4R-ALN) which is already on service with PIA premier?

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
      What's going to happen to SriLankan A333 (4R-ALN) which is already on service with PIA premier?
      It will likely be returned with penalty.

Comment

It will likely be returned with penalty.
        So we are getting back 4R-ALN. Then why can't UL re do the Europe and Australia route
        Actually UL can play the same game as EK Perth cmb LHR Cdg Fco

Comment

• Originally posted by Azamh View Post
          So we are getting back 4R-ALN. Then why can't UL re do the Europe and Australia route
          Simple - there's no money. Not sure why this isn't understood.

Even if there was there is no market - UL lost their market when they stopped flying to EU destinations.
          Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

PIA have now tendered for a single wide body aircraft for immediate lease with flat beds and AVOD which none of their aircraft have at present, seems to indicate its to replace the A330 on Premier service.

UL should try and lease them to Iran Air.
            Last edited by newsflasher; 04-01-2017, 01:54 PM.

Comment

PIA have now tendered for a single wide body aircraft for immediate lease with flat beds and AVOD which none of their aircraft have at present, seems to indicate its to replace the A330 on Premier service.

You mean they are giving back the 4R-ALN?

Comment

Yes! Iran Air would be a good option even to lease out the -300's, however I do think we should keep them for ourselves and lease out the -200's

PIA would be probably targeting a Boeing 777,I really don't understand why they opted to lease a A330-300 since they operate 11 wide bodied Boeing 777's and having an A330 is pretty impractical cost wise

Any Idea as to what aircraft they'd look to bring into their fleet?
                Last edited by Aaqib; 04-01-2017, 03:48 PM.
                -Aaqib Hussain
                (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
                www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

You mean they are giving back the 4R-ALN?
                  Yes they will and will probably have to pay a penalty fee since they are going to return it before the agreed time frame
                  -Aaqib Hussain
                  (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
                  www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

• VCBI runway resurfacing. I want to know the daily time schedule of opening and closing of the runway. I am bound to fly to SIN this 17th on UL302. Will my flight be affected due to this setback.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mach3 View Post
                      VCBI runway resurfacing. I want to know the daily time schedule of opening and closing of the runway. I am bound to fly to SIN this 17th on UL302. Will my flight be affected due to this setback.
                      VCBI runway will be closed for resurfacing work between 8:30am and 4:30pm daily basis in period Jan 6 to Apr 6.

According to Amadeus, UL302 scheduled to depart at 07:25am at VCBI on the 17th Jan. Its better if you check with airline before you fly. It will be much appreciated if you share the pictures of your CMB-SIN trip with our forum. Hope you can take some pictures of the site where resurfacing work is going on. Thanks.

Comment

• I see UL are once again advertising for Expat Captains and First Officers - so much for the 100% Sri Lankans policy.

The Sri Lankan Pilots must still be leaving in droves - they've lost most of their best people in the last 3 years.

Good thing they've treated their Expats well and have a good name in the international Pilot community or they'd really be screw....oops!

The "contract" has been completely f*cked up by the lady who ran recruiting.
                        Her negative personality caused a lot of people to leave or not join at all.
                        My treatment at the hands of the former management is well known outside of Sri Lanka.

They're not going to get very many people - lots of jobs for people with A320 ratings that are much closer to home.

UL has nothing to offer Expats. Good luck with the recruiting drive!

This is yet another example of what happens when incompetent people are put in charge - they f*ck it all up!

Since there is a culture of impunity and zero accountability they just keep on going!

After they leave it's more incompetent people that have to clean up the mess - not going to happen!

Everything UL touches turns to sh*t - time to shut it down.
                        Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
                          Yes! Iran Air would be a good option even to lease out the -300's, however I do think we should keep them for ourselves and lease out the -200's

PIA would be probably targeting a Boeing 777,I really don't understand why they opted to lease a A330-300 since they operate 11 wide bodied Boeing 777's and having an A330 is pretty impractical cost wise

Any Idea as to what aircraft they'd look to bring into their fleet?
                          Tender says 200-300 seater, likely a 777 doubt it wil be an A330 from another source wouldnt make sense, unless they plan to lease them from elsewhere as A310 replacement as they have stopped flying those.

Still not sure if they are going to disband Premier, news reported they are considering it but spokesman has denied the rumor.

Comment

• Originally posted by ctpesk View Post
                            Hi Guys,

this is to let you know i have seen the SriLankan A321 NEO outside at XFW fully painted today.

Tail is wearing "NA". No engines fitted yet.

Unfortunately there was no chance for a photo, but you shall see one soon on the "usual" channels i'm sure.

All the Best
                            Stefan
                            Still no pictures?
                            Haleef Ismail
                            www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

Tender says 200-300 seater, likely a 777 doubt it wil be an A330 from another source wouldnt make sense, unless they plan to lease them from elsewhere as A310 replacement as they have stopped flying those.

Still not sure if they are going to disband Premier, news reported they are considering it but spokesman has denied the rumor.
                              Any update on PK launching direct flights to Sri Lanka?

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
                                so 4R-ANA is a A321N not a A320N?
                                Sorry to confuse people with my post - it is of course an A320NEO.

No pics yet which is probably because they keep it inside: enough hangar space after the year-end dlivery rush.

Might be there this weekend and will keep you guys posted.

Comment

Working...
                                X