• Show
Clear All

• More helicopter imports by private aviation firms

Comment

• thanks Mate.

Comment

• Originally posted by ecureilx View Post
        Kandy Airport ?? election promise ??

Well, it doesn't need much space to carve out a domestic runway, unless they want to cater for the "new" MA 60s.

A 3,000 feet runway will be more than enough .. considering the higher altitude, to operate small planes, until 30 seat capacity ..
        Way back in late 80s, we looked at a location just south of Tennekumbura Bridge for an air strip for late Ray Wijewardana's lihiniya to land. It was old road parallel to the river, but I don't think he ever landed there.

But this one looks like an election promise - he said same thing to N'Eliya people too.
        Last edited by CalgaryLankan; 05-10-2011, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• When ABN to be delivered?

Comment

• Originally posted by Skyline View Post
            When ABN to be delivered?
            It should be delivered this month but not sure when.

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryLankan View Post
              Way back in late 80s, we looked at a location just south of Tennekumbura Bridge for an air strip for late Ray Wijewardana's lihiniya to land. It was old road parallel to the river, but I don't think he ever landed there.

But this one looks like an election promise - he said same thing to N'Eliya people too.
              You mean across Kandos ??

Actually, when you see airports like Lukla and such, there is enough plain land, though now, with the security threat diminished, private landing fields like those used for chopper flights should be allowed

With SLAF gearing for domestic flights, I wonder if they will be happy to have competing airfield operators.

Comment

• Heard ABG leaving UL fleet soon...

Comment

• Kingfisher Airlines launches three new routes to Sri Lanka

Comment

• As per Routesonline, Hainan shelves the CMB launch ? Any further news on this new development? Gone for good or just postponed?

Comment

• Nice, its good to see UL upgrading the fleet. I flew on the newest (4R-ABM) this August on BOM CMB and CMB MLE, was nice....quite a few improvements in the cabin architecture, liked the IFE (though would have preferred AVOD like on 9W)...now I hope the A343s will be retired and replaced by 777s !!

Comment

Heard ABG leaving UL fleet soon...
                        Why ABG?? It was delivered only 10-12-2008...

Comment

• Originally posted by Srilankan1 View Post
                          Why ABG?? It was delivered only 10-12-2008...
                          On a two to three years operating lease I think.

Comment

On a two to three years operating lease I think.
                            A bit disappointing though since these are actually the newer used A320s in the fleet. The more recent used ones are much older and appear to have been leased for a longer period. As such UL wont have a consistent product throughout their narrowbody fleet, unless they upgrade these aircrafts which isn't worth it IMHO.

And heres a short article including a brief interview with the UL CEO: http://www.thesundayleader.lk/2011/1...-new-aircraft/

Comment

• Guys, when we can see Boeing 777 with Sri Lankan?

Comment

• It's offical. Hainan Airlines pulls out all south asian destinations.
                                http://www.telegraphindia.com/111101...y_14603722.jsp (mostly about the cancelled calcutta flight)

Comment

Working...
                                X