This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Banuthev View Post

CaptIndula & Max - Thanks for sharing the pictures of Helitours MA60. What are the registration code for those aircraft ? When they are due to start the first flight ? Where ?
    SLAF’s Helitours is also exploring the possibility of expanding the area of operation of these aircraft to regional destinations as well. Being no stranger to flying overseas, the SLAF is confident that these aircraft will be put to good use in meeting the ever growing need for air travel in the region.

Both aircraft which have been inducted to the SLAF are civil registered and will contribute towards aviation growth in Sri Lanka. These aircraft will be operated by ‘Helitours’, the SLAF’s commercial arm, and will offer a superior service with enhanced comfort on flights.

Comment

• -The Air Force said the acquisition of the two MA60 aircraft will "offer a superior service with enhanced comforts on domestic flights."
      "The SLAF is confident that these aircraft will be put to good use in meeting the ever growing need for air travel in the region," an Air Force statement said[/U].-LBO
      I think Helitours is looking foreword to fly Male,and these 56 seat twin engine turboprop aircraft are ideal for this purpose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Banuthev View Post
        Does anybody know what are the technical deviations identified by SAFA ?
        Could be as simple as too many MELs, or any Timex item overlooked ....

No pilot worth his salt is going to fly any unsafe plane and risk himself .. for a start ..

Comment

• just thinking aloud .. SL is becoming like Indonesia, where the armed forces are involved in commercial ventures .. and more ...

How will heli-tours compete with Mihin and the other local airlines ? will not the possible investors be turned off when they see they are going to be competing with the AF ???

As for the MA 60, I had one flight .. in another place .. very interesting .. and the landing was almost a controlled crash .. it comes in fast and the air hostess was like it's another regular landing ..

The MA 60 has had more than a few runway excursions ..

If they had picked the MA 600, it would have been better (and pricier too) I guess.

There are only few operators of MA 60 ... and an impressive record ... or not ..

Comment

• Originally posted by ecureilx View Post
            just thinking aloud .. SL is becoming like Indonesia, where the armed forces are involved in commercial ventures .. and more ...

How will heli-tours compete with Mihin and the other local airlines ? will not the possible investors be turned off when they see they are going to be competing with the AF ???

As for the MA 60, I had one flight .. in another place .. very interesting .. and the landing was almost a controlled crash .. it comes in fast and the air hostess was like it's another regular landing ..

The MA 60 has had more than a few runway excursions ..

If they had picked the MA 600, it would have been better (and pricier too) I guess.

There are only few operators of MA 60 ... and an impressive record ... or not ..
            A pretty bad record, IMHO
            The opinions above are solely my own and do not reflect those of my employer or clients

Comment

• Originally posted by Kflyer View Post
              A pretty bad record, IMHO
              Yah, that's what I meant, sarcastically

there is also another pro-MA 60 camp, that says unless more people use Chinese planes (i.e. carbon copied Russians, and a poor copy .. ) the world will be dependant on expensive Western planes ..

Then again, after the first crash in Caticlan, one of the reports mentioned that the seats basically went accordion style - collapsed until the passengers were trapped and caught in the seats, luckily the plane didn't catch fire .... and the only plane with a record of overshooting the runway and then undershooting the runway ..

To top it off, there was more than enough hilarious comments on the manuals, written in Chinese, translated ad-verbatim to English .. ending up with more than one conflicting view of the process and procedures ..

Comment

• Any latest information about Sri Lankan Boeing Deal?

Comment

• More A330/340 Captains for Sri Lankan

Ryan Aviation on behalf of our client SriLankan Airlines are seeking Line Captains, current and qualified on the A330/340 for upcoming opportunities.

Job Role: Captain
                  Job Hours: Full-Time
                  Job Position: Permanent
                  Company: Ryan Aviation
                  Job reference: A330CP02
                  Posted Date: 09 September 2011 17:08:48

Candidate's requirements:

Have a valid JAA/ICAO A330/340 type rating
                  Min 5500 hours total flying time of which at least 1000 hours PIC should be on type
                  Last flight within 12 months
                  Hold a 1st Class Medical Certificate
                  No history of incidents or accidents
                  Age limit 65 years

Comment

• Originally posted by ecureilx View Post
                    Yah, that's what I meant, sarcastically

there is also another pro-MA 60 camp, that says unless more people use Chinese planes (i.e. carbon copied Russians, and a poor copy .. ) the world will be dependant on expensive Western planes ..

Then again, after the first crash in Caticlan, one of the reports mentioned that the seats basically went accordion style - collapsed until the passengers were trapped and caught in the seats, luckily the plane didn't catch fire .... and the only plane with a record of overshooting the runway and then undershooting the runway ..

To top it off, there was more than enough hilarious comments on the manuals, written in Chinese, translated ad-verbatim to English .. ending up with more than one conflicting view of the process and procedures ..
                    I have no good feeling at all about these Chinese Build Aircrfts.

Comment

• Flightglobal interviews Kapila at the Routes forum in Berlin; SriLankan in talks to add six 777s or A330s

SriLankan Airlines is looking to add six widebodies as part of a plan to double its fleet during the next five years.

Other highlights;
                      * Getting more A330's from lessors
                      * Joining with an alliance

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryLankan View Post
                        Flightglobal interviews Kapila at the Routes forum in Berlin; SriLankan in talks to add six 777s or A330s

SriLankan Airlines is looking to add six widebodies as part of a plan to double its fleet during the next five years.

Other highlights;
                        Its hightime to take a Decision now.They have to finalized it soon as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by CalgaryLankan View Post
                          Flightglobal interviews Kapila at the Routes forum in Berlin; SriLankan in talks to add six 777s or A330s

Other highlights;
                          Thanks for the news. Any idea of the MSNs of the A330s they plan to lease? One of the lessors mentioned ordered some new A330s at an airshow, maybe some of them are earmarked for UL?

Comment

• Domestic airport for Kandy

Comment

• Kandy Airport ?? election promise ??

Well, it doesn't need much space to carve out a domestic runway, unless they want to cater for the "new" MA 60s.

A 3,000 feet runway will be more than enough .. considering the higher altitude, to operate small planes, until 30 seat capacity ..

Comment

• 4R-ABN
                                The blog shows Airbus flights and deliveries A318, A319, A320, A321, A380 in XFW, TLS, TSN and BFM, also history Data for each MSN. XFW Spotter

Comment

Working...
                                X