This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
    UL is planning to sublease ALL, ALM, ALN to PIA which was started bidding two months ago to acquire Widebody aircraft on wet-lease. I heard ALN didn't meet the delivery requirements of PIA but it's under consideration. It seems to be these 3 x A333s are to be wet-leased to PIA for short-term with ACMI (Aircraft, Crew, Maintanance and Insurance). It looks like SriLankan is starting a leasing biz in the industry.

Does anybody know when ALL, ALM, ALN joining PIA fleet?
    So srilankan airlines will end up narrow body aircrafts and old A332 I'm really disappointed

Comment

• Originally posted by Thofboss View Post
      A350 Srilankan msn060 in toulouse (30/06/2016) pics in HD here :https://flic.kr/p/JecjRG
      Are we getting any of this a359

Comment

• Originally posted by 88gee View Post
        Instead of rebuilding the airline they are ruining it as I see..... Very sad..
        I agree as I see srilankan airlines has good yield to Paris how can they say it's running at lost why can't they promote and come back....
        No a359 leasing back some a333 so what's there big plan?

Comment

• Originally posted by Azamh View Post
          So srilankan airlines will end up narrow body aircrafts and old A332 I'm really disappointed
          UL will still operate 4 x A333s (ALO, ALP, ALQ, ALR) in the fleet. It's only ALL, ALM, ALN going to be wet-leased to PIA as a temp-replacement for their retiring A310s & for Hajj charter. I heard UL have extended the lease term for all six A332s so they will be in the fleet for some time if iam not mistaken. If the lease terms really have been extended for A332s, It's better UL give full furnishing for all A332s with new seats/cabins. UL is looking at adding more A320/A321s to the fleet with new aircraft delivery of 6 x A320s and 4 x A321s are to begin in 4Q of 2017. Their target is market is now India and Far East.

Comment

UL will still operate 4 x A333s (ALO, ALP, ALQ, ALR) in the fleet. It's only ALL, ALM, ALN going to be wet-leased to PIA as a temp-replacement for their retiring A310s & for Hajj charter. I heard UL have extended the lease term for all six A332s so they will be in the fleet for some time if iam not mistaken. If the lease terms really have been extended for A332s, It's better UL give full furnishing for all A332s with new seats/cabins. UL is looking at adding more A320/A321s to the fleet with new aircraft delivery of 6 x A320s and 4 x A321s are to begin in 4Q of 2017. Their target is market is now India and Far East.
            I think the A332 are tool old if so I need to use CX in future

Comment

• I think it's better to lease the a332 to pia rather than a333

Comment

I think it's better to lease the a332 to pia rather than a333
                Guessing its something to do with the size of the aircraft? Also PIA probably wanted to lease newer aircraft (if Banu's rumour is accurate). Smart bet for UL now that no A359s are joining would be to phase out the 3 older A332s and refurbish the rest of them in line with the A333 fleet.

Comment

Didn't the Gov of Pakistan close down\or closing down PIA and replacing it with a new airline? Is the lease intended for the last days of PIA or the new airline?

Comment

Are we getting any of this a359
                    MSN55 now also painted in white

Comment

• Originally posted by ejanson65 View Post
                      The Racketeers in action again. They are taking the profitable parts of the Airline and bringing them under their control so their Rackets can continue.

The final stage will be the shutdown of what is left of UL - the people of Sri Lanka will have to foot the bill.

Comment

• Mihin Lanka is planning to increase Dhaka flights from 10 to 11 weekly effective Winter 2016. Mihin's Dhaka flight operation will have 7 Weekly flights departure from Colombo in the morning and 4 weekly flights departure from Colombo in the evening.

Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
                        As per today's article on daily mirror. Looks like this is the end of MJ

http://www.dailymirror.lk/110795/Mov...p-Mihin-Lanka-

Comment

Mihin Lanka is planning to increase Dhaka flights from 10 to 11 weekly effective Winter 2016. Mihin's Dhaka flight operation will have 7 Weekly flights departure from Colombo in the morning and 4 weekly flights departure from Colombo in the evening.
                          I thought UL to takeover MJ from Oct?

Comment

• From June 19, USA-Sri Lanka Direct Cargo flight launched. B747F.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tanveer View Post
                              From June 19, USA-Sri Lanka Direct Cargo flight launched. B747F.
                              What's the career?
                              ​Umedha Hettigoda ®

https://banners-my.flightradar24.com/umedhah.png

Comment

• Originally posted by umedhah View Post
                                What's the career?
                                Its a cargo airline apparently.

Comment

Working...
                                X