Sri Lanka Aviation
Mobile View

 

 

News Headlines..
   



 

+ Reply to Thread
Page 486 of 491 FirstFirst ... 386 436 476 484 485 486 487 488 ... LastLast
Results 9,701 to 9,720 of 9806
  1. #9701
    Can you believe this?

    The license of the helicopter pilot who had lost the way to the runway of the Palali Airport with Minister Mahinda Amaraweera onboard has been suspended.
    It was found that the pilot had lost his way and was heading towards Thalai Mannar.

    http://www.hirunews.lk/181087/midair...ter-amaraweera

  2. #9702
    Quote Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
    Which airlines are operating scheduled flights to Jaffna & Trincomalee from Colombo? Where does FitsAir operating its 12 seater Cessna Caravan-208B (4R-EXL) ?
    It's in Indonesia flying for Aviasindo Perkasa as PK-ICF. It still has FitsAir's words "friend in the skies".

  3. #9703
    Senior Member channa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by 4R-ALA View Post
    does anyone know why 4R-ALP is inactive since the 8th of Jan?
    4R-ALP is back in service flying to LHR today as UL 503

  4. #9704
    Ukraine International Airlines in the second-half of summer season is adding extra weekly flight on Kiev Borispil – Colombo route, with overall frequency increasing from 2 to 3 weekly. The additional flight, Sundays departure from Kiev, operates with 767 from 22JUL18 to 30SEP18.

    PS387 KBP2025 – 0730+1CMB 767 267
    PS388 CMB1005 – 1725KBP 767 137

    For the month of October 2018, service operates 2 weekly, Day 27 from KBP, Day 13 from CMB.

    Source:Routesonline

  5. #9705
    Senior Member SLD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Kirulapona,Colombo 05
    Posts
    104

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Serendib View Post
    Ukraine International Airlines in the second-half of summer season is adding extra weekly flight on Kiev Borispil – Colombo route, with overall frequency increasing from 2 to 3 weekly. The additional flight, Sundays departure from Kiev, operates with 767 from 22JUL18 to 30SEP18.

    PS387 KBP2025 – 0730+1CMB 767 267
    PS388 CMB1005 – 1725KBP 767 137

    For the month of October 2018, service operates 2 weekly, Day 27 from KBP, Day 13 from CMB.

    Source:Routesonline
    Do you Know the load factor of Kiev-Colombo flights? Do you think there is a huge demand?

  6. #9706
    Quote Originally Posted by SLD View Post
    Do you Know the load factor of Kiev-Colombo flights? Do you think there is a huge demand?
    I have noticed UIA have been operating additional flights this winter. I think UIA is transporting Ukrainian tourists and other passengers from Europe & Israel to Colombo via Kiev. UIA is operating B777 from Summer 2018. I think additional aircraft supporting them to expand flights to Colombo and Delhi onboard B767.

    Hi Shehara - Could you please tell us what's the passenger load factor on UIA flights to Colombo?

    Quote Originally Posted by Haleef View Post
    What are the new aircraft that are yet to be delivered? Have they already got/started production?
    MSN8106 (A321neo) will become as 4R-ANF. Any info when is the delivery date?

  7. #9707
    Etihad A380 as ETD89D from SYD to AUH will be diverting to CMB at around 2100hrs today. Unconfirmed, but just to keep you guys informed. Not sure of the reason why. If it happens to land, guys at the airport please try to get some pictures of it.

  8. #9708
    Quote Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
    I have noticed UIA have been operating additional flights this winter. I think UIA is transporting Ukrainian tourists and other passengers from Europe & Israel to Colombo via Kiev. UIA is operating B777 from Summer 2018. I think additional aircraft supporting them to expand flights to Colombo and Delhi onboard B767.

    Hi Shehara - Could you please tell us what's the passenger load factor on UIA flights to Colombo?



    MSN8106 (A321neo) will become as 4R-ANF. Any info when is the delivery date?
    Not sure.

  9. #9709
    Senior Member SLD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Kirulapona,Colombo 05
    Posts
    104

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by Haleef View Post
    Etihad A380 as ETD89D from SYD to AUH will be diverting to CMB at around 2100hrs today. Unconfirmed, but just to keep you guys informed. Not sure of the reason why. If it happens to land, guys at the airport please try to get some pictures of it.
    Yup, is now descending. Any reason? and how did you know it was going to divert??

  10. #9710
    Quote Originally Posted by SLD View Post
    Yup, is now descending. Any reason? and how did you know it was going to divert??
    It's here! Came in for refueling for sure and probably tech/crew change I guess.

  11. #9711

  12. #9712

    Thumbs up

    http://www.thesundayleader.lk/2018/0...iamuna-report/

    More lies - absolutely nothing has been done.

    Ajith "Big Talk" Dias and Suren "Fake News" Ratwatte have both denied the accuracy of the Weliamuna Commission Report.

    For the record:-

    - The report is a very accurate picture of what goes on at the Airline.
    - The report is just the tip of the iceberg.

    Both Pradeepa and Druvi continue to be employed by the Airline. I have personally provided evidence to the Commission implicating them in Abuse of Power.

    This isn't hearsay - I used their own letters and emails to prove my case.

    It was hilarious to see Pradeepa not signing any letters but getting some obscure staffer in HR to sign letters.

    I don't expect anything to happen - these people protect each other and the rot goes all the way to the top! A Culture of Impunity and Zero Accountability.
    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

  13. #9713
    An analysis of the historical performance of Mihin Air shows a very healthy growing young company with impressive growth trajectories.

    http://www.ft.lk/opinion/The-Mihin-A...star/14-647317

  14. #9714

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Serendib View Post
    An analysis of the historical performance of Mihin Air shows a very healthy growing young company with impressive growth trajectories.

    http://www.ft.lk/opinion/The-Mihin-A...star/14-647317
    More lies - I see they've conveniently omitted the amounts of money lost.

    Massive losses that have been absorbed by SriLankan (and ultimately Sri Lankan taxpayers).

    And they've ignored the fact that this company was shut down and re-started.

    I've never seen figures for the amount of EPF/ETF money that was illegally invested in both Mihin and SriLankan. That money is gone.

    Facts.

    Of course now Mihin has been absorbed there won't be an investigation and people will be able to claim whatever they want.
    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

  15. #9715
    Senior Member Aaqib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Colombo
    Posts
    258
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Serendib View Post
    An analysis of the historical performance of Mihin Air shows a very healthy growing young company with impressive growth trajectories.

    http://www.ft.lk/opinion/The-Mihin-A...star/14-647317
    What Nonsense! Seems like the author is indeed on "somebodies" pay-roll! MJ has been a nightmare for SriLankan Aviation from the time of its launch , having 1st suspended operations in April 2008, further in 2016, UL and MJ were merged due to the severe losses faced by the Lankan LCC leading to a significantly worse financial position for the National Carrier, who themselves are bracing for impact

    My Article published back in 2014 gives reference to the downfall of this so called "Rising Star"
    https://www.colombotelegraph.com/ind...any-time-soon/

    To those at the Daily FT/Daily Mirror, please note that the public Is well aware of the irregularities and mismanagement of the deceased LCC, therefore portraying an image that was never existent is considered deceitful. Your efforts to Misguide the public have been unsuccessful.
    - Aaqib (FlyinColors/Airlines747)

  16. #9716
    First flight of Indigo Airlines as A320 VT-IEY is on its way to CMB as IGO1201.

  17. #9717
    Senior Member Aaqib's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Colombo
    Posts
    258
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Haleef View Post
    First flight of Indigo Airlines as A320 VT-IEY is on its way to CMB as IGO1201.
    Having performed C-checks since 2009 for IndiGo at CMB, Its great to finally have scheduled services of South Asia's best LCC's operating to and from CMB
    - Aaqib (FlyinColors/Airlines747)

  18. #9718
    Quote Originally Posted by ejanson65 View Post
    http://www.thesundayleader.lk/2018/0...iamuna-report/

    More lies - absolutely nothing has been done.

    Ajith "Big Talk" Dias and Suren "Fake News" Ratwatte have both denied the accuracy of the Weliamuna Commission Report.

    For the record:-

    - The report is a very accurate picture of what goes on at the Airline.
    - The report is just the tip of the iceberg.

    Both Pradeepa and Druvi continue to be employed by the Airline. I have personally provided evidence to the Commission implicating them in Abuse of Power.

    This isn't hearsay - I used their own letters and emails to prove my case.

    It was hilarious to see Pradeepa not signing any letters but getting some obscure staffer in HR to sign letters.

    I don't expect anything to happen - these people protect each other and the rot goes all the way to the top! A Culture of Impunity and Zero Accountability.
    Details of Remuneration and Benefits of Directors and Officers of SriLankan Airlines Limited

    http://www.google.co.uk/url?q=https:...Gw56JXEukGzaL0

  19. #9719

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Serendib View Post
    Details of Remuneration and Benefits of Directors and Officers of SriLankan Airlines Limited

    http://www.google.co.uk/url?q=https:...Gw56JXEukGzaL0
    Looks like the standard employee payscales to me.

    Top management are not on these contracts - they are employed and paid through a separate company. Details of their salaries have not been released despite an RTI request.

    Don't be fooled - there are people making huge money for doing absolutely nothing but talking a bunch of BS.

    Anyone know if Suren "Fake News" Ratwatte got his Rs 10 Million bonus? I'm betting he did since there is a culture of Impunity and Zero accountability. There was nobody to stop it.
    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

  20. #9720

    Details of Remuneration and Benefits of UL Staff

    Details of Remuneration and Benefits of Directors and Officers of SriLankan Airlines Limited

    https://imgur.com/a/uxG96
    Attached Images

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts