This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
    I have been hearing shocking rumours about UL lately.

* UL to cancel CDG & FRA;
    * UL to re-lease three of it's A330-300s (ALM, ALN, ALP) to another airline;
    * MJ to launch FCO with 4R-ALJ;
    * UL will have only 4 x Widebody (A333) from mid 2017;
    * UL will have long-haul flights to only LHR, NRT, PEK, PVG;

Some one please confirm if it's true? :-(
    Yes, they had planned this for sometime to re-lease the A330-300s to another airline. Not sure of the registrations.
    Haleef Ismail
    www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

This gave me a mini heart attack!!! I HOPE THAT THIS IS NOT TRUE!!! The brand new A333 aircrafts??? Noooooooooo

Comment

Geezzzz... a mess. I hear QR/UL deal wont go through.

Comment

Might as well shut down completely and start from scratch. No way can such a bloated airline survive with such a significant part of it's network gone. How on earth do they plan to pay so many employees while throwing away so much revenue?

Comment

• SriLankan Airlines plans to launch new destinations looking at starting flights to Iran, Jordan and Lebanon

Comment

• Interview with CEO of UL

Captain Suren Ratwatte, SriLankan Airlines’ Chief Executive Officer, talks about the competitive threats and what he intends to do with the freer hand his government is giving his management team.

Comment

• Hi Skyliner,

Do you have any update on UL taking delivery of 3 x A350s? I heard that UL is planning to re-lease 3 of their new A333s to another airline. Is it true? Do you know which airline going to take these UL's 3 x A333s?

Comment

So, UL is planning on offloading three HGWs while holding on to two. When CDG and FRA are cancelled, I think keeping two HGW and two non-HGW frames does make sense. They may want to keep the options open to increase the frequency to PEK and PVG though.

This obsession with FCO has to stop. It is not a route UL or MJ can run profitably. Religious sensitivities aside, there is no reason to relaunch FCO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cayman View Post
                    So, UL is planning on offloading three HGWs while holding on to two. When CDG and FRA are cancelled, I think keeping two HGW and two non-HGW frames does make sense. They may want to keep the options open to increase the frequency to PEK and PVG though.

This obsession with FCO has to stop. It is not a route UL or MJ can run profitably. Religious sensitivities aside, there is no reason to relaunch FCO.
                    MXP would make more sense than FCO

Comment

Makes perfect sense.

No money = no options. UL has reached the point where decisions are made for them. They are out of options. Too little - too late imho. This won't stop the inevitable bankruptcy.

Geezzzz... a mess. I hear QR/UL deal wont go through.
                      What deal? Qatar has never been interested. Akbar showed up, laughed in their face, and left.

SriLankan Airlines plans to launch new destinations looking at starting flights to Iran, Jordan and Lebanon
                      More fairy tales! There is no money so this will not happen.
                      Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

Do they even have HGWs in UL fleet? May I know the registration please?

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
                          Do they even have HGWs in UL fleet? May I know the registration please?

I'm assuming the A330-300E are the HGW versions. Accordingly:

4R-ALL
                          4R-ALM
                          4R-ALN
                          4R-ALP
                          4R-ALQ

Though I do not know which MTOW variant they are as Airbus kept increasing the figure over the years
                          Last edited by TheF15Ace; 30-05-2016, 08:49 AM.

Comment

• KMPG to assist NSB in SriLankan Airlines restructure

In the quest to find a strategic partner for SriLankan Airlines which has become a heavy financial burden to the country, the government has selected audit firm KMPG to expedite the re-orientation process, officials said. KMPG will assist the National Savings Bank (NSB) the lead manager appointed by the cabinet, in finding an international investment bank to handle the restructure exercise.

The audit firm will decide on recruiting necessary experts to obtain professional support on various aspects of re-orientation of the Sri Lankan Airlines expeditiously. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Management (CCEM) has directed the authorities to conduct valuations and put out the Request for Proposals (RFP) to select a suitable investor for the airline by July 1.

In order to avoid possible delays, a suitable time frame has been be set for investors to submit proposals and strictly adhere to the same, a senior government official said. An international investment bank with aviation expertise had to be selected, as “there is no local party with airline expertise”, he said adding that documents for RFPs would be issued with the assistance of the investment bank. He said the government will have to write off the carrier’s carried forward debt and it will also need to address the issue of 7,000+ employees.

SriLankan Airlines employee to aircraft ratio with 21 aircraft is one of the highest in the world with around 340 employees per aircraft.

In the quest to find a strategic partner for SriLankan Airlines which has become a heavy financial burden to the country, the government has selected audit firm

Comment

No UL cant expand more frequencies to China with only 4 x Widebody (A333). 4 x A333 is only sufficient to serve Daily to LHR & CAN, 4 weekly to PEK, PVG, NRT, 3 weekly BKK-HKG and in the spare 5 hours could serve Daily to MLE if they plan well. But UL needs Widebody for flights to KWI, JED & RUH.

Comment

• Originally posted by ejanson65 View Post
                                Makes perfect sense.

No money = no options. UL has reached the point where decisions are made for them. They are out of options. Too little - too late imho. This won't stop the inevitable bankruptcy.

What deal? Qatar has never been interested. Akbar showed up, laughed in their face, and left.

More fairy tales! There is no money so this will not happen.
                                I hear UL is going to stop all the layovers for cabin crew on the flights to KMG, DXB, AUH, PVG & PEK. So all these flights are going to be turnarounds some extra seats will be blocked for the additional crew.

Comment

Working...
                                X