This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheF15Ace View Post
    But the more expensive plane flies further and carries more payload.

So does A380...I am comparing C300 vs A320neo...Most UL routes are within A320 range

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
      So does A380...I am comparing C300 vs A320neo...Most UL routes are within A320 range
      But the A320NEO will still carry more passengers. If you look at the routes that UL currently flies with narrowbodies, you'll notice they carry healthy loads. Why buy the C300 only to have capacity reduced on routes that are performing well.

Comment

But the A320NEO will still carry more passengers. If you look at the routes that UL currently flies with narrowbodies, you'll notice they carry healthy loads. Why buy the C300 only to have capacity reduced on routes that are performing well.
        Oops my bad...it should be A319NEO

Let see the maths

C300 list $82M
        A319neo $98.5M
        A320neo $107M (30 more Pax for $25M) hmm...interesting

Comment

• Then why not purchase the more established Embraer E-Jets

E170: $38m
          E190: $46m
          E195: $47m

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
            Then why not purchase the more established Embraer E-Jets

E170: $38m
            E190: $46m
            E195: $47m
            ^^^ They are 2012 list
            True they are good. I have use them between YWG - YYZ - YOW. In mid 2000 they were good but now they are getting replaced by Mitsubishi MRJs or E2s and they fall below the 3000nm range...C Series is more in the group of Neos and Max...A good aircraft for comparison would be B737MAX7
            Last edited by Speedbird; 13-05-2016, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Oops my bad...it should be A319NEO

Let see the maths

C300 list $82M
              A319neo $98.5M
              A320neo $107M (30 more Pax for $25M) hmm...interesting

http://www.airbus.com/newsevents/new...ices-for-2016/
              Ok. But let me ask you this. In your opinion how many routes (both existing and possible future) warrant a capacity reduction to the C300 and realistically how many C300s would UL need to cover them?
              Last edited by TheF15Ace; 13-05-2016, 01:42 AM.

Comment

• No surprises here:-

The Sri Lankan government has made it clear that no airline company has “formally expressed” interest in the proposed revamping of SriLankan Airlines. ..

It's all talk - nobody will touch this. Not now - not in 6 months from now.

The sooner this is shut down the better for the people of Sri Lanka imho.
                Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Originally posted by ejanson65 View Post
                  No surprises here:-

The Sri Lankan government has made it clear that no airline company has “formally expressed” interest in the proposed revamping of SriLankan Airlines. ..

It's all talk - nobody will touch this. Not now - not in 6 months from now.

The sooner this is shut down the better for the people of Sri Lanka imho.
                  Either that or he is showing smart business acumen by not naming the parties they are in discussions with. That said your reason is more plausible lol.

Comment

Ok. But let me ask you this. In your opinion how many routes (both existing and possible future) warrant a capacity reduction to the C300 and realistically how many C300s would UL need to cover them?
                    Again here we go again. I would not even purchase the C Series to UL...most are within the range of E Jets. Including CMB - BOM.

Now let see why E Jets
                    lower capacity; lower operating cost and higher turnaround in the airports but multiple frequencies (and frequencies change adapting into market condition). Max utilization of the crew.
                    Aircrafts makes money in the air not in the ground. When you reduce the capacity then you can sell seats at a premium and PAXs who needs to travel at a short notice pays a premium as well. Lower capacity higher demand for seat which results in premium price per ticket.

Capacity does not matter...Yield what matters. Airlines are not in a charity business

Comment

Again here we go again. I would not even purchase the C Series to UL...most are within the range of E Jets. Including CMB - BOM.

Now let see why E Jets
                      lower capacity; lower operating cost and higher turnaround in the airports but multiple frequencies (and frequencies change adapting into market condition). Max utilization of the crew.
                      Aircrafts makes money in the air not in the ground. When you reduce the capacity then you can sell seats at a premium and PAXs who needs to travel at a short notice pays a premium as well. Lower capacity higher demand for seat which results in premium price per ticket.

Capacity does not matter...Yield what matters. Airlines are not in a charity business
                      So what are you suggesting?

1) Revamp the entire narrowbody fleet with smaller jets and increase frequencies all around or

2) Have a small subfleet of 100-130 seat jets to operate a few select routes?

If it's the second, once again how many aircraft do you think should be ordered?

Comment

So what are you suggesting?

1) Revamp the entire narrowbody fleet with smaller jets and increase frequencies all around or

2) Have a small subfleet of 100-130 seat jets to operate a few select routes?

If it's the second, once again how many aircraft do you think should be ordered?
                        Thats a question for the UL Finance & Capacity planning depart. If the decision is for me I will close this airline. I don't think UL cannot even afford a biplane.

Comment

• It is speculated that Virgin Atlantic too have a plan in investing in UL!
                          This would be a good move i should say as Branson would definitely revamp the current fleet and open up more to Australia and Europe and quite possibly USA too which could encourage more tourists for sure.

Etihad too has shown interest and EY coming on board too would be a good option since they have managed Jet Airways as well as Air Seychelles quite well.

Anyways lets hope for the best!
                          Awaiting a much needed management change soon
                          -Aaqib Hussain
                          (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
                          www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

Thats a question for the UL Finance & Capacity planning depart. If the decision is for me I will close this airline. I don't think UL cannot even afford a biplane.
                            I guess we'll wait and see.

Comment

The DL order is speculated to be a different case, but we can assume an exception was made for a blue chip airline placing a large order at a time when the company was in trouble,
                              Yes, the word in the market is that Bombardier has taken a charge of $500M against the DL and AC orders.

It looks very much like they sold the frames at a loss to get the deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
                                It is speculated that Virgin Atlantic too have a plan in investing in UL!
                                This would be a good move i should say as Branson would definitely revamp the current fleet and open up more to Australia and Europe and quite possibly USA too which could encourage more tourists for sure.

Etihad too has shown interest and EY coming on board too would be a good option since they have managed Jet Airways as well as Air Seychelles quite well.

Anyways lets hope for the best!
                                Awaiting a much needed management change soon
                                Not sure about EY...Virgin would not touch this they are already selling Virgin America unless GOSL swallows complete debt...and Richard has a bigger headache to resolve...it is called Virgin Galactic

Comment

Working...
                                X