This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cayman View Post
    I admire your patriotism and the love for "Assembled in Canada" brand. But to be realistic, Republic I think is still in Chapter 11, so until DL came along C series actually did not have any credible orders.

Besides, look at the A380. Whose who in the industry (such as EK, BA, QF, AF, LH, SQ) uses it and still nobody calls A380 a success story.

Bombardier makes great trains and lousy planes. Should have stuck with what they know.
    No body said it was a successful project...neither it is a plague

Comment

Q400 is eaten alive by the ATR72.

CRJs were OK-ish until the ERJs came along.

Q Series = Number built 1179 (as of December 31, 2015)
      ATR 72 = Number built 836 (as of February 2016)
      Last edited by Speedbird; 29-04-2016, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• Saying that the ATR 72 is better than the Dash 8 is like saying that the A340 is more successful than the 777. I have flown on both the ATR and the Dash 8, and the ATR is simply horrible

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
          Saying that the ATR 72 is better than the Dash 8 is like saying that the A340 is more successful than the 777. I have flown on both the ATR and the Dash 8, and the ATR is simply horrible
          While I have flown neither the ATR nor the Q400, based on passenger comments I agree with you on the comfort and the like-ability front, but that alone will not make an aircraft a success.

I have been on all variants of A343 (except for the -200) and loved the plane as a passenger, mainly because of its lack of noise. But that did not make it a successful plane, and the B777 despite being a comparatively less comfortable and a noisier aircraft became immensely successful.
          Last edited by Cayman; 29-04-2016, 05:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
            No body said it was a successful project...neither it is a plague
            Actually I never called it a plague, I said it is being avoided by major operators 'like the plague'.

My exact words were "So far the C series has been a disaster. Not only the established operators are avoiding it like the plague, even the Federal government of Canada does not want anything to do with it." and this comment was made on 4/25, well before the DL order was announced.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
              Q Series = Number built 1179 (as of December 31, 2015)
              ATR 72 = Number built 836 (as of February 2016)
              We both know nobody is ordering the Q100, Q200 and the Q300 anymore. (Do they even make these variants anymore?)
              The latest figures from:
              Bombardier is a global leader in the business aviation industry. Its shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol BBD.

March 31, 2016
              Program Status Report - Q Series aircraft
              Total Total Current Jan - Mar FYTD 1
              Orders Delivered Backlog 2016
              Q100 299 299 0 0 0
              Q200 105 105 0 0 0
              Q300 267 267 0 0 0
              Q400 547 514 33 6 6
              Total 1218 1185 33 6 6

Q400 has a grand total of 547 orders

And from:

ATR 72 has 1063 orders.

Comment

We both know nobody is ordering the Q100, Q200 and the Q300 anymore. (Do they even make these variants anymore?)
                The latest figures from:
                Bombardier is a global leader in the business aviation industry. Its shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol BBD.

March 31, 2016
                Program Status Report - Q Series aircraft
                Total Total Current Jan - Mar FYTD 1
                Orders Delivered Backlog 2016
                Q100 299 299 0 0 0
                Q200 105 105 0 0 0
                Q300 267 267 0 0 0
                Q400 547 514 33 6 6
                Total 1218 1185 33 6 6

Q400 has a grand total of 547 orders

And from:

ATR 72 has 1063 orders.
                For the record so when did Q400 launched and how old is the ATR 72?
                Q400 NextGen outperforms ATR72 with a huge margin in passenger numbers and in range
                Last edited by Speedbird; 29-04-2016, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Actually I never called it a plague, I said it is being avoided by major operators 'like the plague'.

My exact words were "So far the C series has been a disaster. Not only the established operators are avoiding it like the plague, even the Federal government of Canada does not want anything to do with it." and this comment was made on 4/25, well before the DL order was announced.
                  So DL negotiated deal within 3 days...North American Press aware about the DL negotiating for a while...Korean 10 and Swiss (Lufthansa) 30 planes not good enough? What about AC already has a letter of intent/commitments for around 45 planes...There are 325 firm orders which does not include commitments

Comment

While I have flown neither the ATR nor the Q400, based on passenger comments I agree with you on the comfort and the like-ability front, but that alone will not make an aircraft a success.

I have been on all variants of A343 (except for the -200) and loved the plane as a passenger, mainly because of its lack of noise. But that did not make it a successful plane, and the B777 despite being a comparatively less comfortable and a noisier aircraft became immensely successful.
                    I have flown all aircrafts mentioned (except ATR) in comfort wise B77W/L out class A340 series. First look at the head room and overhead cabins...What boeing did to convince BA was they requested Lord King to walk through a mock up of MD11; then to a A340 and then to a B777 to show how wide the cabin was.

Comment

• SriLankan Airlines 2015 loss shrinks to Rs.10bn

The operating loss suffered by Sri Lanka’s national carrier, SriLankan Airlines (SLA) has declined in 2015, largely due to the drop in operating expenditure supported by declined fuel prices, despite its accumulated losses, the Central Bank said last week.

According to the Central Bank’s 2015 Annual Report, SLA recorded an operating loss of Rs. 10.6 billion in 2015, compared to Rs. 29.0 billion recorded in 2014 as per provisional financial statements.

However, the Central Bank’s Report outlines that SLA has incurred an accumulated loss of Rs. 132.6 billion since 2009 while total gross liabilities to the banking sector also has increased by Rs. 24.0 billion to Rs. 33.0 billion during 2015.

“Hence, there is a need to take urgent measures to improve the operational efficiency through required reforms to convert SLA into a financially viable entity,” the report pointed out.

Meanwhile, addressing a press conference last week, Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe said the government is presently seeking a business partner to take control of the airline. According to him, the proposed agreement would be similar to the one inked with Emirates in the year 1998 prior to its suspension a decade later.

Announcing other policy decisions, the Prime Minister said the government has decided to take on the US$ 3.25 billion debt and restructure the airline as a joint venture with private capital.

The Nation is a online Newspaper and magazine with Google CSE based search engine. Latest news updates, Finance, Sports, Lifestyle, Technology, Health, Motoring...

Comment

• Another day - another corrupt deal exposed....

And another interesting article....

If this is really the plan then they will never find an investor. Epic Fail!
                        Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Originally posted by 4R-ADA View Post
                          I totally agree. If KLM can make it work with Bali ( a long haul, leisure-based destination), then I feel it can possibly make CMB work. Agree, a 5 weekly Airbus 330 service would be ideal. The selling point will be connections to North America, Benelux, Scandinavia and nearby cities in Germany.
                          KLM is really the only major European airline that can make CMB work.
                          Is it true KLM to resume Colombo end of this year ? It seems to be twice a week flight onboard B787-900. Can't wait to see "Flying Dutchman" back in Colombo after such a long time

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                            Is it true KLM to resume Colombo end of this year ? It seems to be twice a week flight onboard B787-900. Can't wait to see "Flying Dutchman" back in Colombo after such a long time
                            I've read on airliners.net that the announcement will be made this week. I'm surprised they are not starting the route with an A330-200. No complaints though, KLM + the 787-9 is an epic combination.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                              Routes is the home of the world’s leading aviation network development conferences and events. Plus aviation news and features, and profiles of global airlines and airports.

It has been confirmed.

Effective 31st October 2016, KL873/874 will operate twice a week using the 787-9

Comment

• Originally posted by TheF15Ace View Post
                                http://airlineroute.net/2016/05/01/kl-miacmb-w16/

It has been confirmed.

Effective 31st October 2016, KL873/874 will operate twice a week using the 787-9
                                Thanks bro ! Good to see the schedules but do you think KLM can compete on Colombo route with only two weekly?

Comment

Working...
                                X