Sri Lanka Aviation
Mobile View

News Headlines..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 470 of 482 FirstFirst ... 370 420 460 468 469 470 471 472 480 ... LastLast
Results 9,381 to 9,400 of 9621
    4R-AND had encountered engine issues, resulting in late delivery. Started and performed RTO tests today with new engines.
    Attached Images

A Bombardier Global 6000 is doing a U-turn over Sri Lanka (over Puttalam) at 1.10PM local time
    The flight departed Bengaluru. It is heading back to India.

Quote Originally Posted by SLD View Post
    A Bombardier Global 6000 is doing a U-turn over Sri Lanka (over Puttalam) at 1.10PM local time
    The flight departed Bengaluru. It is heading back to India.
    A reconnaissance flight?

Hi, I'm new to the membership area but was a frequent visitor to the forum as a passive observer. I'm glad you have added me as a member and I'm very much thankful to the admin Banugopan.

I wish to know how many destinations currently served by SriLankan and what are they? It seems Wikipedia article is not up-to-date. And also wish to know what are the destinations covered with codeshare flights also. If you have details please do share. I searched everywhere but couldn't find a good source yet.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by sabithshan View Post
    Hi, I'm new to the membership area but was a frequent visitor to the forum as a passive observer. I'm glad you have added me as a member and I'm very much thankful to the admin Banugopan.

I wish to know how many destinations currently served by SriLankan and what are they? It seems Wikipedia article is not up-to-date. And also wish to know what are the destinations covered with codeshare flights also. If you have details please do share. I searched everywhere but couldn't find a good source yet.

Thanks in advance.
    Sri Lanka & Maldives
    COLOMBO . Male and Gan island.

Europe
    London

Indian subcontinent and ASIA
    Bangkok
    Chennai
    Kuala Lumpur
    Trivandrum
    Singapore
    Trichy
    Jakarta
    Mumbai
    Hong Kong
    TOKYO
    Bangalore
    Beijing
    Delhi
    Shanghai
    Kochi
    Canton
    Varanasi
    Kunming
    Madurai

Kolkata
    Hyderabad

Coimbatore
    Karachi
    Lahore
    Dhaka

Africa
    Seychelles
    Middle East
    Bahrain
    Kuwait
    Doha
    Muscat
    Dubai
    Abu Dhabi
    Dammam
    Jeddah
    Riyadh

Australia
    Melbourne Hoping to start on 29/10/17..........

These are the online destinations served by UL. ( ONLINE MEANS OWN METAL )

Quote Originally Posted by Haleef View Post
    4R-AND had encountered engine issues, resulting in late delivery. Started and performed RTO tests today with new engines.
    as per flightradar24 UL1206 (delivery flight no) updated 28 oct as hamburg/dubai/colombo - i'm guessing this is for a321neo 4R-AND??

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ul1206

Quote Originally Posted by SLD View Post
    A reconnaissance flight?
    Recce for ????

Reason to buy SU 35s ??
    Last edited by ecureilx; 23-10-2017 at 09:54 AM.

Post Re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic

http://www.economynext.com/SriLankan...er-3-9009.html

More Sri Lanka 'Big Talk' imho.

Time to close this down for the good of the country imho.
    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

President Maithripala Sirisena who is on a two-day state visit to State of Qatar met Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani at Emir's Palace in Doha today.

The special attention of the Emir of Qatar was drawn to the request made by the President regarding entering into partnership with the SriLankan Airlines.

http://www.colombopage.com/archive_1...09028585CH.php

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    President Maithripala Sirisena who is on a two-day state visit to State of Qatar met Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani at Emir's Palace in Doha today.

The special attention of the Emir of Qatar was drawn to the request made by the President regarding entering into partnership with the SriLankan Airlines.

http://www.colombopage.com/archive_1...09028585CH.php
    Like that's going to happen!

This has been tried how many times already?

There is zero benefit for Qatar - if they want to operate out of CMB they could just start their own Airline.

This does clearly show just how out of ideas and desperate the GOSL is.
    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

http://www.aviationpros.com/press_re...nes-a320-fleet

SriLankan Airlines and Lufthansa Technik AG have extended their existing component support contract for the growing Airbus A320 fleet of Sri Lanka's national carrier. The expanded Total Component Support (TCS®) agreement comprises all aircraft of SriLankan Airlines' growing A320 fleet, including its new A320neo aircraft.
    Last edited by Serendib; 27-10-2017 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ejanson65 View Post
    Like that's going to happen!

This has been tried how many times already?

There is zero benefit for Qatar - if they want to operate out of CMB they could just start their own Airline.

This does clearly show just how out of ideas and desperate the GOSL is.
    This would be the last thing Qatar would want to do. They have already spent 38 $ billion of their reserves since the blockade and wouldn't want to see more dissappear in a blackhole. If the government wants funding they will have to look towards China or even India. None of the ME3 is in good financial health to go begging there.

4R-AND (UL1206) on her way to DXB.

USS Nimitz arrived at Colombo Port!
    https://twitter.com/NimitzNews

Quote Originally Posted by Sandaru View Post
    4R-AND (UL1206) on her way to DXB.
    https://www.flightradar24.com/ALK1206/f5ad22f

delivery 4R-AND

A321neo SriLankan 4R-AND delivery by Tobias Gudat auf Flickr
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by XFW-Spotter View Post
    delivery 4R-AND

A321neo SriLankan 4R-AND delivery by Tobias Gudat auf Flickr
    Nicely captured shot XFW-Spotter

4R-AND landed at DXB few minutes ago.

SriLankan A330-300 flying to Melbourne from Colombo on its inaugural flight today. Flight number will be UL604 and it will depart at 2350hrs and land at Melbourne at 1525hrs. Aircraft registration unknown at the moment.

Try to get pictures of the first flight today - the ones who work at the airport/will be at the airport at that time.

Following Sri Lankan President's visit to the State of Qatar and successfully wrapping up bilateral discussions, the rich Gulf country is dispatching a large official delegation led by an influential Minister to Colombo to move bilateral trade actions forward.

Qatari Minister of Economy and Commerce Sheikh Ahmed bin Jassim bin Mohamed al-Thani will be leading a 20-man delegation to Colombo for the second Joint Committee Meeting between both countries that will commence on Monday October 30 in Colombo.

Both sides will discuss bilateral cooperation in trade, investment, tourism and economic development at the two-day in-depth sessions that will conclude on 31 October.

http://www.colombopage.com/archive_1...09112015CH.php