Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's look like Nepal's Himalaya Airlines has launched Colombo-Kathmandu service from yesterday. Can any one confirm?

In Jan 2016, Himalaya Airlines had signed a long term service agreement with SriLankan for pilot training in A320 stimulators and cabin crew training.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
      It's look like Nepal's Himalaya Airlines has launched Colombo-Kathmandu service from yesterday. Can any one confirm?

In Jan 2016, Himalaya Airlines had signed a long term service agreement with SriLankan for pilot training in A320 stimulators and cabin crew training.
      Confirmed. I have a picture of the Himalaya Airlines Airbus A320 at Colombo Airport.
      Haleef Ismail
      www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
        Confirmed. I have a picture of the Himalaya Airlines Airbus A320 at Colombo Airport.
        Is it schedule or charter flight? Do you have the flight timetable? Hope they will stay long in Colombo route.

Comment

Is it schedule or charter flight? Do you have the flight timetable? Hope they will stay long in Colombo route.
          No idea. I don't have the timetable too.
          Haleef Ismail

Comment

• Nepal reestablished the direct air link with Sri Lanka after more than three decades, with the newly-launched Himalaya Airlines making its maiden commercial flight to Colombo on Tuesday.

Comment

• Thanks Dilusha ! According to Himalaya Airlines fan page, it's a charter flight operating only 12th Apr and 16th Apr. Flight Number : H9 111.

Hope they will announce schedule flight on KTM-CMB route soon.

Comment

Nice picture! F-WZFA will be sub-leased from SriLankan (UL) to Turkish Airlines (TK). Sad to see that we will not be getting to fly in it. 70% chance of SriLankan not getting it.
                Originally posted by LukeSkywalker View Post
                Someone in the forum mentioned that UL has sent personal to Airbus for A350 type training. I wonder how that works out now.

Will UL still have some technicians and crew trained for the eventuality of the aircraft being returned ? It makes it weird that there will be no one type trained on an aircraft that the entity is leasing out.
                Originally posted by TheF15Ace View Post
                Perhaps it's a just-in-case measure? Because as of now nothing has been confirmed about sub-leasing these three aircraft to another carrier. Better to be prepared to fly these aircraft in-case an agreement cannot be reached.
                From what I heard TK is not interested in adding A350 or B787 aircraft to their fleet similar to EK.

UL's second A350 XWB (MSN 55), parked at P18 for out-door ground test as of 13-Apr.

Originally posted by LukeSkywalker View Post
                That's sad to hear; but makes sense I guess. Do you know if the other 2 are also going to TK?

Also do you know if that means the A332 retirements are on hold for now?
                Yes. I'm wondering what's gonna happen with A332 retirements? Will they lease the younger A332s or will they take the delivery of three A350s without any choice.

UL better now converting the remaining other four 4 x A350 into 6 or 7 x A320s before Airbus start the assembly of A350s which are due to be delivered to UL after 2017.

Comment

• From what I heard TK is not interested in adding A350 or B787 aircraft to their fleet similar to EK.
                  I had feeling it was a long shot. The reality is, it is fairly difficult to get a carrier to lease aircraft at such short notice. Especially if it is a type they do not already operate.
                  Last edited by TheF15Ace; 15-04-2016, 02:07 AM.

Comment

• MSN52 1st A359 for SriLanka Airlines: Source : http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...33328&page=115

Comment

• Originally posted by Patel2897 View Post
                      MSN52 1st A359 for SriLanka Airlines:
                      Welcome to our Forum ! It's now parked at the A15 tent perhaps for the rework. When it will be sent for painting? Do you think it will be painted in full SriLankan colors?

Comment

Welcome to our Forum ! It's now parked at the A15 tent perhaps for the rework. When it will be sent for painting? Do you think it will be painted in full SriLankan colors?
                        We might see it it full colors if UL doesn't sub-lease it. It should go into paint in one month or so.
                        So:
                        MSN52 is at Station A15 for rework before going to paint.
                        MSN55 is at Station P18 for Outdoor ground tests. It should move to rework soon.
                        MSN60 is currently at Station 30 (Indoor ground tests) and will be rolled-out for Outdoor ground tests in a few weeks.

Regards,
                        Lucas and Philipp

Comment

• http://offair.nethfm.com/article/37216

A small article and radio interview in Sinhalese. It states that employees in all departments are forming a coalition of sorts to oppose attempts to privatize SriLankan Airlines.

I couldn't listen to the entire radio interview but from the snippets I heard, it had culprits from both the previous and current regime pass blame at everybody except for themselves.

Comment

From what I heard TK is not interested in adding A350 or B787 aircraft to their fleet similar to EK.

UL's second A350 XWB (MSN 55), parked at P18 for out-door ground test as of 13-Apr.

Yes. I'm wondering what's gonna happen with A332 retirements? Will they lease the younger A332s or will they take the delivery of three A350s without any choice.

UL better now converting the remaining other four 4 x A350 into 6 or 7 x A320s before Airbus start the assembly of A350s which are due to be delivered to UL after 2017.
                            Just got an Update;

Turkish Airlines is not anymore interested in the A350 - 900 XWB aircraft, therefore there is more likely a chance of SriLankan getting the Airbus A350 aircraft for its' fleet. This is not yet confirmed, but I'm very sure that we will definitely get to fly the A350 aircraft.

At the moment the airline is currently facing a lot of problems.
                            "The airline's situation can only further deteriorate with the arrival of the first of four Airbus 350 aircraft in September." - Rajeewa Jayaweera
                            Haleef Ismail

Comment

Just got an Update;

Turkish Airlines is not anymore interested in the A350 - 900 XWB aircraft, therefore there is more likely a chance of SriLankan getting the Airbus A350 aircraft for its' fleet. This is not yet confirmed, but I'm very sure that we will definitely get to fly the A350 aircraft.

At the moment the airline is currently facing a lot of problems.
                              "The airline's situation can only further deteriorate with the arrival of the first of four Airbus 350 aircraft in September." - Rajeewa Jayaweera
                              Thanks Haleef ! I am still wondering A350XWB is reality or dream for UL.

An article by Rajeewa Jayaweera.

Comment

• Looks like our chefs have had a bit of a fun in Singapore by taking a kitchen blowtorch in the checked in luggage in a UL flight

A kitchen blowtorch in the checked-in luggage of a team of Sri Lankan chefs returning after a culinary exhibition in Singapore led to the recall of a SriLankan

Comment

Working...
                                X