This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lordvader View Post
    Think HNA might own a few foreign airlines?
    They do have stakes in a few airlines outside Asia.

As LukeSkywalker suggested, China is a possibility since they already have money invested in the country.

Comment

• Hi guys,

Who knows the current status of 4R-ADF? It has been withdrawn from use for 3 Months now!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandaru View Post
        Hi guys,

Who knows the current status of 4R-ADF? It has been withdrawn from use for 3 Months now!
        airfleets.net says it's stored but it does not state where.

Comment

• Originally posted by LukeSkywalker View Post
          The best option at the moment IMHO is UL given as equity to the Chinese (provided they want to touch it) to try and turn around. Currently the government is desperate with the financial crunch and wants to offer Chinese firms equities in state enterprises according to http://www.news.com.au/finance/busin...414cbdede120da.

I am not familiar if any Chinese airline have any significant stake or investment on foreign airlines or their track record in airline investments\partnerships unless someone in the forum is familiar?

This would be the ideal opportunity to at least turn around some troublesome state enterprises; any successive SL government is not going to make any difference.
          The GOSL owes $8 Billion (8,000,000,000) to China with no way to pay this money back. They are frantically trying to re-negotiate. Good luck with that!

I doubt the Chinese will touch Sri Lanka with a 10 foot pole after they get burned on these loans.

When someone invests in something they expect a return on their investment.

With UL you have:-

At least $1 Billion of debt
          At least another $1.5 Billion of future liabilities.
          At least $100 million/year just to keep operating.

How will you ever see a return on any investment? Especially with the culture of impunity and zero accountability where everyone is trying to siphon off as much money as possible for themselves, their family members and their cronies.

How appropriate - perfect timing! This article illustrates the scale of the problem.

It is virtually impossible to do legitimate business in Sri Lanka.

Sorry - but this is more wishful thinking imho. Not going to happen.
          Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• A more detailed article on the wonderful company "culture" that exists at both UL and MJ.....

Nimalsiri said that according to the ‘Alternate Method’
            Never heard of this and I have global ETOPS experience. If MJ dispatched aircraft illegally under ETOPS regulations then both they and the CAA are in a lot of trouble.

ICAO may decide to act after all.
            Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• Meanwhile, with revelations as to how Director General CAASL, Director Flight Safety CAASL and Director Operations CAASL authorised a proposal for an ‘Alternate Method’ submitted by Manager Flight and Ground Safety Mihin Lanka/ SriLankan Airlines Captain Keminda Yahampath to fly Mihin Lanka flights even when bad weather conditions are forecast
              Nice to see that not only are they stealing/misusing tax payers money, they are actually putting peoples lives in danger.

Comment

• VIDEO First SriLankan Airlines Airbus A350-941XWB (4R- ) - cn 052

Picture Courtesy
                Airbus A350 XWB fanpage

Comment

• VIDEO First SriLankan Airlines Airbus A350-941XWB (4R- ) - cn 052

Picture Courtesy
                  Airbus A350 XWB fanpage
                  Sandru, Thanking you so much !! I was waiting for the picture for a long time. Any idea where it's being towed to?

Looking forward to see what's going to happen to UL, UL Management and UL A350s? I wish they shut the MJ asap and gov focus on one airline UL. UL has to be closed and reopened as a new airline. Management of UL should be done by the overseas airline. None of gov appointed cronies should be with UL anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandaru View Post
                    Hi guys,

I remember ADF was flying test flight over CMB last month.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                      Sandru, Thanking you so much !! I was waiting for the picture for a long time. Any idea where it's being towed to?

Looking forward to see what's going to happen to UL, UL Management and UL A350s? I wish they shut the MJ asap and gov focus on one airline UL. UL has to be closed and reopened as a new airline. Management of UL should be done by the overseas airline. None of gov appointed cronies should be with UL anymore.
                      SriLankan Airlines Airbus A350-941 cn 052 F-WZFA // 4R-??? Taken on April 12, 2016

SriLankan Airlines Airbus A350-941 cn 052 F-WZFA // 4R-???

Source : Clément Alloing

Comment

• Originally posted by AF777 View Post
                        SriLankan Airlines Airbus A350-941 cn 052 F-WZFA // 4R-??? Taken on April 12, 2016

SriLankan Airlines Airbus A350-941 cn 052 F-WZFA // 4R-???

Source : Clément Alloing
                        Nice picture! F-WZFA will be sub-leased from SriLankan (UL) to Turkish Airlines (TK). Sad to see that we will not be getting to fly in it. 70% chance of SriLankan not getting it.
                        Haleef Ismail
                        www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
                          Nice picture! F-WZFA will be sub-leased from SriLankan (UL) to Turkish Airlines (TK). Sad to see that we will not be getting to fly in it. 70% chance of SriLankan not getting it.
                          That's sad to hear; but makes sense I guess. Do you know if the other 2 are also going to TK?

Also do you know if that means the A332 retirements are on hold for now?

Comment

• Do you know if the other 2 are also going to TK?
                            Definitely. If TK is going to lease the A350s it will be all three of them. It wont make sense for them to operate one example of any aircraft. I'm surprised about this news though because I did not see it mentioned elsewhere. Maybe it isn't finalized yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheF15Ace View Post
                              Definitely. If TK is going to lease the A350s it will be all three of them. It wont make sense for them to operate one example of any aircraft. I'm surprised about this news though because I did not see it mentioned elsewhere. Maybe it isn't finalized yet?
                              Someone in the forum mentioned that UL has sent personal to Airbus for A350 type training. I wonder how that works out now.

Will UL still have some technicians and crew trained for the eventuality of the aircraft being returned ? It makes it weird that there will be no one type trained on an aircraft that the entity is leasing out.

Comment

• Someone in the forum mentioned that UL has sent personal to Airbus for A350 type training. I wonder how that works out now.
                                Perhaps it's a just-in-case measure? Because as of now nothing has been confirmed about sub-leasing these three aircraft to another carrier. Better to be prepared to fly these aircraft in-case an agreement cannot be reached.

Comment

Working...
                                X