X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RAHALROXZ View Post
    hello...
    I cannot make such a statement mate but yes, as far as I know we'll be getting our first 350 in August. ( +/- 1 month may be)
    preparation is going on to receive it atm
    According to Flightglobal, UL official said in the press meet in Manila few days ago that they will take delivery of three A350-900s and Six A320neos within two years. Other three A350s will be delivered later time.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
      According to Flightglobal, UL official said in the press meet in Manila few days ago that they will take delivery of three A350-900s and Six A320neos within two years. Other three A350s will be delivered later time.
      Thanks Rahal & Banu; Looks like a one to one replacement of the 332 according to the article. https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...even-t-422822/

From that it looks like they have negotiated to not take up 2 A350 from the original order. It also does not seem that the 2 350s were re-negotiated for smaller aircraft as they say the fleet will stay constant at 21.

Comment

• the fleet will stay constant at 21
        I guess that means that some A320/321s will also be retired, because the article states that SriLankan is also expecting 6 A320neos.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheF15Ace View Post
          I guess that means that some A320/321s will also be retired, because the article states that SriLankan is also expecting 6 A320neos.
          Aren't the 320s operated by UL fairly new? Looks like they might be returning them and swapping it with NEOs.

Comment

• Originally posted by RAHALROXZ View Post
            hello ...
            as far as I know it was initially scheduled to be here in April. Then July and now August.
            Since this is a brand new aircraft type, lots of preparation has to be done from our end. Also we need to get all the new spares and tools etc. ( this wasn't a problem when we getting 333s because spares were pretty much identical to 332s and 343s)
            This is why it takes some time... and I'm sure Airbus is struggling too
            Makes sense. Looks like CX's A350s are delayed as well: http://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacif...ed-back-to-may

Pretty sure UL also uses Zodiac seats (at least I think they did in the new A330s).

Originally posted by banuthev View Post
            Thought UL is getting 4x A321neos around 2020 and MJ is getting 2x A320neos in the next few years? IMHO UL should start replacing its A320/1 fleet (the ones with MSNs below 4000) with neos soon to ensure a consistent customer experience with the new A330s (and 350s if they join the fleet).

Comment

• Originally posted by LukeSkywalker View Post
              Aren't the 320s operated by UL fairly new? Looks like they might be returning them and swapping it with NEOs.
              Indeed they are. According to planespotters.net only two of them are older than 10 years. But since most of them might be nearing the end of their lease it would make sense to replace them with newer aircraft.
              Last edited by TheF15Ace; 11-03-2016, 03:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheF15Ace View Post
                I've actually come across your site on quite a few occasions and find it extremely helpful.

Right now the fate of the A350s for UL are a bit uncertain, however if they do end up with the airline the first routes will probably see are hops to MLE and possibly MAA for crew to get time on type. Afterwards I expect to see the A350s fly the European sectors where it's fuel efficiency will come into play. Though it's possible we might see them in the Middle East as well China as SriLankan is very flexible with it's widebody fleet and sends them wherever the capacity is needed.
                The limiting factor is that there will be only 3 A350s so there won't be much slack in the fleet. I guess we'll know soon enough.

BTW A350-XWB thank you for the update regarding MSN-52
                I heard UL will be using A350s on China and Europe sectors.

Comment

• Originally posted by lordvader View Post
                  Makes sense. Looks like CX's A350s are delayed as well: http://www.ausbt.com.au/cathay-pacif...ed-back-to-may

Pretty sure UL also uses Zodiac seats (at least I think they did in the new A330s).

Thought UL is getting 4x A321neos around 2020 and MJ is getting 2x A320neos in the next few years? IMHO UL should start replacing its A320/1 fleet (the ones with MSNs below 4000) with neos soon to ensure a consistent customer experience with the new A330s (and 350s if they join the fleet).
                  I think UL will still take delivery of 4x A321neos around 2022/3 when the lease agreement expire for the current 4x new A320s (ABM to ABP).

6x A320neos which have been ordered recently are coming within two years to replace definately ABK, ABL, ABQ & ABR and *other two aircraft in UL or MJ fleet. I'm not sure about the exact aircraft type for those *other two aircraft which are also going to be replaced by A320neos within two years. I'm not sure if SL Gov still have plans to get two A320neos for MJ.

There are several changes to come up for UL/MJ network. As previously mentioned by UL official, UL's AIS is not currently showing five frequency for FRA. MJ seems to be downgrading CGK service to 4 weekly and increasing flights to BAH. I think UL/MJ is still revising the summer 2016 network. I will post here the network changes update once they have confirmed in AIS.

Comment

• A321 Neo LR - Extended Range Version

The A321neo weight variant with increased MTOW of 97 tons called A321 Neo LR (LR = Long-Range) transports 206 passengers in a 2-class layout with increased range to 4,000 nmi (7,400 km; 4,600 mi) by using three additional 2,990 L fuel tanks. An extended 2-class layout additionally including a premium economy class with 164 passengers allows a range of up to 4,100 nmi (7,600 km; 4,700 mi).

Airbus predicts an A321LR gives overall 25–30% lower operating cost depending on the number of seats.

Air Lease Corp. (ALC) was the launch customer.

The A321 Neo LR will be the perfect aircraft for SriLankan to replace the A320.

Comment

• UL to be privatized and loss making SOEs to be restructured? The source is pro Rajapaksa and is mostly anti privatization fear mongering though

http://www.divaina.com/2016/03/13/news01.html

Comment

• SriLankan still not stopped the FCO (Rome) route? Or have they started the route again? As per my dad's roster, I see a FCO flight (2 days stay) on the 31st of March.
                        Haleef Ismail
                        www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
                          SriLankan still not stopped the FCO (Rome) route? Or have they started the route again? As per my dad's roster, I see a FCO flight (2 days stay) on the 31st of March.
                          Hi Haleef, Hope the weekend is going well for you!! SriLankan will be operating Rome until 30 Apr but I heard that SriLankan will retain the slots at Rome for re-assessment likely in two years time. Any chance Italian air carriers taking advantage of Colombo route after termination of SriLankan flights to Italy.

Comment

• SriLankan Airlines / Mihin Lanka Summer 2016 Network (Apr to Aug 2016).

Highlights

*SriLankan to boost the capacity to Singapore by increasing frequecies from 19 weekly to 21 weekly (3 flights a day on the daily basis);
                            *SriLankan to cancel Rome route from 30 Apr;
                            *SriLankan to increase frequencies to Riyadh from 5 weekly to Daily;
                            *Mihin Lanka operating Daily flights to Chennai between Mar and Aug. Effective August, Mihin flights to Chennai will be downgraded from Daily to 5 weekly;
                            *Mihin Lanka reducing the frequencies to Jakarta from Daily to 4 weekly but increasing Bahrain and Muscat flights from 5 weekly to Daily;
                            *SriLankan to increase Chennai service from 26 to 28 weekly;
                            *As reported by SriLankan official, SriLankan is not increasing Frankfurt fligts to 5 weekly effect July/Aug, as per AIS on 13-Mar-16;
                            *Current SriLankan fleet comprise of 6xA320s, 2xA321s, 6xA332s & 7xA333s and Mihin Lanka fleet have got 1xA319, 1xA320 & 2xA321s;
                            *SriLankan is looking to venture domestic netwok after acquiring 40seater aircraft;
                            *Mr.Siva Ramachandran had been appointed as CCO at SriLankan Airlines in January 2016. He had worked with Arikair, Kingfisher, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines etc in the past;

Network by frequencies, according to AIS of UL/MJ. AIS = Airline Inventory System.

From Colombo : -
                            01 Weekly - Gaya (MJ), Varanasi (MJ)
                            03 Weekly - Bangkok-Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Kolkota (MJ), Kunming, Rome (until 30 Apr), Seychelles (MJ),
                            04 Weekly - Bangkok-Guangzhou, Beijing, Dammam, Frankfurt, Jakarta (MJ), Paris, Shanghai, Tokyo;
                            05 Weekly - Chennai (MJ effec Aug), Jeddah, Lahore (MJ), Male (MJ);
                            07 Weekly - Abu Dhabi, Bahrain (MJ), Bangkok, Chennai (MJ until Aug), Delhi, Doha, Dubai, Karachi, Kuwait, London, Madurai (MJ), Mumbai, Muscat (MJ), Riyadh, Trivandrum;
                            10 Weekly - Dhaka (MJ);
                            11 Weekly - Bengaluru;
                            14 Weekly - Kochi, Kuala Lumpur, Trichy;
                            21 Weekly - Singapore;
                            28 Weekly - Chennai, Male;

Later I will post here the frequencies operated by rest of the airlines at Colombo & Mattala;

Comment

Hi Haleef, Hope the weekend is going well for you!! SriLankan will be operating Rome until 30 Apr but I heard that SriLankan will retain the slots at Rome for re-assessment likely in two years time. Any chance Italian air carriers taking advantage of Colombo route after of termination SriLankan flights to Italy.
                              As I told before fco will be cxld... May be Meridiana will operate again to cmb from mxp

Comment

Any chance Italian air carriers taking advantage of Colombo route after termination of SriLankan flights to Italy.
                                Neos Airlines Operated several flights from Rome to Colombo recently.

Comment

Working...
                                X