This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ejanson65 View Post
    Don't expect anything from people who have no airline experience and hold their position due to their political connections.

All these people do is talk - because that's all they can do. Ajith Dias is just another NATO member imho.

I've explained how things work at the office and the toxic dysfunctional culture that exists. Until that is tackled this Airline will continue to run massive losses and continue to be run into the ground.

How many of these people could hold the same position anywhere else? Almost none of them.
    Sri Lankan management thinks they run the best airline, best aircraft, best service, they won the award for best airline in Central Asia? Who are the competitors ? Afghan Air, PIA, Maldivian, Air India, Bangladesh Air. Try competing with Cathay, SQ, Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Etihad, Jet Airways, to name a few in the region, Sri Lankan will be nowhere. It's a great product but badly managed by people who had no knowledge of air travel industry, our crew wow it's a disgrace they can't speak proper English, they can't pronounce words as they speak singlish, most of the crew are not presentable at all, they are fat, some are short and some are very unpleasant, they don't smile add to that air craft interior is dirty, crew don't even address the business class passenger by their names as Mr....., all other airlines do. This is just a few but the list can go on. Air Lanka was a great product, Sri Lankan is politicised.

Comment

• Originally posted by ihsan777 View Post
      Sri Lankan management thinks they run the best airline, best aircraft, best service, they won the award for best airline in Central Asia? Who are the competitors ? Afghan Air, PIA, Maldivian, Air India, Bangladesh Air. Try competing with Cathay, SQ, Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Etihad, Jet Airways, to name a few in the region, Sri Lankan will be nowhere. It's a great product but badly managed by people who had no knowledge of air travel industry, our crew wow it's a disgrace they can't speak proper English, they can't pronounce words as they speak singlish, most of the crew are not presentable at all, they are fat, some are short and some are very unpleasant, they don't smile add to that air craft interior is dirty, crew don't even address the business class passenger by their names as Mr....., all other airlines do. This is just a few but the list can go on. Air Lanka was a great product, Sri Lankan is politicised.
      The real tragedy is that all this could have been avoided - SriLankan should be a profitable airline.

The current mess is the perfect case study "How not to run an Airline".

Doesn't look like there will ever be any accountability. No justice either for those of us who are victims of abuse of power.
      Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• UBER TEAMS UP WITH SIMPLIFLY TO BRING UBERCHOPPER TO COLOMBO

"For the first time in Sri Lanka, Uber, in cooperation with Simplifly featured the ultimate experience, UberCHOPPER. This one-of-a-kind on-demand, UberChopper has the combination of an adrenaline rush, sky high style, luxury and amazing scenery. For one day only, Uber riders had the chance to experience an unforgettable ride in a helicopter owned and operated by Simplifly, by simply tapping a button on their Uber app."

Read More www.readme.lk

Comment

• As reported in Flight Global, Turkish will start Sydney from second half of 2016.

Will they operate via Colombo?? We'll see.

IST - CMB - SYD - CMB - IST
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Max; 13-01-2016, 05:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedbird View Post
            http://www.sundaytimes.lk/160110/col...an-178359.html

I wonder what was the medicine...it is definitely not the Jet Fuel
            QR air tycoon finds better medicine for SriLankan.

Below statement was posted by our member Flylanka (Shanaka Goonaratne).

I have loads to tell about him but most are scandalous and kind of hideous so best left out of a public forum. Out of the ME3 carriers he is the least respected. Some of his strategies and the way he goes on with the business he can get away only cause he is where he is. Comes nowhere close to Sir Tim Clark or James Hogan. Some of the ecomments he has made at IATA conferences could only be given the response "What the hell". Something QR boasted about in the past was our B777 Y class will be 3-3-3 unlike EY and EK who have Y class as 3-4-3 as we believe in passenger comfort. But as of now QR is slowly sneaking in 3-4-3 into both their Medium and Long Haul 777s and in a couple of weeks all will be 3-4-3. QR also boasted that we will provide champagne to our Y class customers but slowly taken this off. Some of the amenities pulled out of premium class. Not directly linked to CEO another mess was the new Hamad International Airlines airport in DOH which was supposed to be opened on 12-12-12, but was far from ready. With all the accusations going towards ME3 carriers on govt support and subsidies, if there is any such I believe QR is on the top of the list as I seriously question on how they manage their yeilds and profits based on the fares they publish. Call it a promo fare but these fares are good to believe. Example: I have just bought a CMB-FCO-CMB return Business ticket for March 2016 for just LKR 130,000. (Well they say it is a promotion fare, but really!!!!????). I will leave it to learnt friends on this group to do a price comparison and see. By the way these comments are no way directed towards any of the friends/members in this group as I believe it is what you guys do that makes the airline great. Sometime the people at the pinnacle/helm suck but those at the lower end keep the wheels turning. (Same can be said to UL).

Comment

• The next aircraft UL plans to phase out is a320 4r-abl right?? any news and info on the aircraft to be taken on delivery for this replacement

Comment

• UL is next in line https://sites.google.com/site/a350xw...roduction-list

Comment

• I think Sri Lankan Should try to operate daily flight to PEK,PVG,NRT,HKG. Because people flying for Business will not fly on the date which the flight is available.They will fly on the Airline which will be flying on the dates they want.

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
                    What about the 4 th one?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aviational View Post
                      I think Sri Lankan Should try to operate daily flight to PEK,PVG,NRT,HKG. Because people flying for Business will not fly on the date which the flight is available.They will fly on the Airline which will be flying on the dates they want.
                      Very good point bro.

Comment

• "Cyprus airline is almost defunct and there is a need of an airline to fill this void. We are inviting SriLankan Airlines to exploit this opportunity" - Cyprus' High Commissioner to Sri Lanka and India, Demetrios Theophylactou

Read More - www.dailynews.lk

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandaru View Post
                          "Cyprus airline is almost defunct and there is a need of an airline to fill this void. We are inviting SriLankan Airlines to exploit this opportunity" - Cyprus' High Commissioner to Sri Lanka and India, Demetrios Theophylactou

Read More - www.dailynews.lk
                          Not a bad idea to make a Nikosia as a stop over since we have loads of Srilankan Workers in Cyprus.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4R-ALA View Post
                            The next aircraft UL plans to phase out is a320 4r-abl right?? any news and info on the aircraft to be taken on delivery for this replacement
                            No plan of returning ABL yet.. They will return LG in mid this year. And UL have an idea to go for A320 neo.. But no exact dates revealed

Comment

• Originally posted by randeer View Post
                              No plan of returning ABL yet.. They will return LG in mid this year. And UL have an idea to go for A320 neo.. But no exact dates revealed
                              Mihin to take delivery of two A320neo in 2017 and SriLankan to take delivery of four A321neo in 2020. Most likely ABL should be leaving the fleet in mid-2016 if i am not mistaken. I am wondering if UL have an idea of leasing QR's A321s to replace ABK/ABL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aviational View Post
                                I think Sri Lankan Should try to operate daily flight to PEK,PVG,NRT,HKG. Because people flying for Business will not fly on the date which the flight is available.They will fly on the Airline which will be flying on the dates they want.
                                I heard UL has plans to increase NRT from 4 to 5 weekly and PEK from 4 to Daily in 2016. From today UL is launching daily flights to CAN ( 4 weekly via BKK and new 3 weekly nonstop).

Comment

Working...
                                X