Sri Lanka Aviation
Mobile View

News Headlines..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 445 of 476 FirstFirst ... 345 395 435 443 444 445 446 447 455 ... LastLast
Results 8,881 to 8,900 of 9504
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeSkywalker View Post
    I'll believe it when I see it, more hogwash IMHO. Reduction of loss is being touted as a big achievement now so we have to settle on everything swept under the carpet and everything run as business as usual.

Nothing is going to happen unless IMF forces the gov to do something.

http://www.ft.lk/article/622275/SriL...r-Yahapalanaya
    The board and CEO should be sacked. The loss widened from LKR9,522.07mn in 15/16 to LKR13,427.03 in 16/17 even before one off items such as the Airbus aircraft were considered. And as for the headcount, they shouldve made a concerted effort to reduce staff like what happened at QF and other successful airlines before.

Quote Originally Posted by lordvader View Post
    The board and CEO should be sacked. The loss widened from LKR9,522.07mn in 15/16 to LKR13,427.03 in 16/17 even before one off items such as the Airbus aircraft were considered. And as for the headcount, they shouldve made a concerted effort to reduce staff like what happened at QF and other successful airlines before.
    As per Reuters, SriLankan Airlines says Airbus agreed to change 4 x A350 order. UL is planning to select different aircraft model instead of A350 which were scheduled for delivery from 2019.

I hope UL will consider to get more A320/1.

Quote Originally Posted by MalaysiaMustafa View Post
    How many different config do UL 320s have?

C20Y120 - ABM/N/O/P

C12Y138 - ABL/ANA/B

C12Y150 - MRE

Are above ones correct?
    Please check : http://www.airsrilanka.org/fleet

I heard that 4R-ANC at the delivery centre at XFW and ferry flight to Colombo at the end of June.

Hi NP330,

Any update on transferring the AOC of ex-Mihin fleet to UL ? will it be painted and configured after AOC transfer completed or they will be remain in white color and returned to lessor ? When ALA will be returning to service?

Quote Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
    As per Reuters, SriLankan Airlines says Airbus agreed to change 4 x A350 order. UL is planning to select different aircraft model instead of A350 which were scheduled for delivery from 2019.

I hope UL will consider to get more A320/1.
    http://www.colombopage.com/archive_1...97677434CH.php

http://in.mobile.reuters.com/article/idINL3N1JD3F7
    Last edited by Serendib; 17-06-2017 at 03:01 PM.

Emirates gets green light for more daily frequencies

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird View Post
    Emirates has been given approval by the Sri Lankan government to increase frequencies between Dubai and Colombo to seven per day from a current five. The new flights will be effective from July 28 on a temporary operating permit basis on condition that Sri Lankan Airlines will be allowed a second, daily flight to Dubai, official sources revealed.

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/170618/bus...es-245364.html
    Does DXB route making profit for UL ? I thought it's an over saturated route and dominated by EK. Isn't that better idea UL to increase more flights to KWI, DMM where they have "open skies" agreement. SL gov better to negotiate with Oman & Saudia Arabia governments for getting approval for increasing more frequencies to JED, MCT, RUH by UL. Currently single Daily UL flights are flying to Gulf Except for DMM (4 weekly). I think it's a better if UL operate double daily onboard A320 to MCT, AUH, BAH, DOH, DMM, DXB and double daily A332 service to KWI, JED & RUH. So it can give even better connections with Indian Sub Continent and Far East Destinations.

CCEM has also decided to allow flydubai, Dubai’s budget carrier, to reduce its flights to Mattala Airport to four per week from seven based on the same condition attached to allowing Emirates more flights

http://www.sundaytimes.lk/170618/bus...es-245364.html
    I was always wondered how FZ survived on HRI route for so long

Does DXB route making profit for UL ? I thought it's an over saturated route and dominated by EK.
    it is not oversaturation...it is mainly transit pax...since UL has surrendered FRA and CDG EK is filling the gap.
    Isn't that better idea UL to increase more flights to KWI, DMM where they have "open skies" agreement. SL gov better to negotiate with Oman & Saudia Arabia governments for getting approval for increasing more frequencies to JED, MCT, RUH by UL. Currently single Daily UL flights are flying to Gulf Except for DMM (4 weekly). I think it's a better if UL operate double daily onboard A320 to MCT, AUH, BAH, DOH, DMM, DXB and double daily A332 service to KWI, JED & RUH. So it can give even better connections with Indian Sub Continent and Far East Destinations.
    UL should seriously think about MNL rather than MEL...but again with such a financial situation...I am still puzzled how does UL going to survive.

I was always wondered how FZ survived on HRI route for so long
    your guess is good as mine

Harry J hooks up with Japan’s ANA, JAL for SriLankan Airlines - See more at: http://w

ANA and JAL two major competitor coming to buy a stake on UL...Hmmm...did I read the biggest BS ever

http://www.ft.lk/article/623045/Harr...ankan-Airlines

ANA and JAL two major competitor coming to buy a stake on UL...Hmmm...did I read the biggest BS ever

http://www.ft.lk/article/623045/Harr...ankan-Airlines
    More Fairy Tales imho.

49% is a non starter. See below.

Example with 49% ownership:-

0900 -HHR fired because he's corrupt human garbage.

0915 - Decision reversed by GOSL minister.

0930 - HHR back on the job "Business as usual"

Example with 51% + ownership

0900 - HHR fired because he's corrupt human garbage.

0915 - GOSL minister calls

0916 - GOSL minister told to "Eat S***"

0920 - Another useless clown gets fired.

Just like the TPG Group - when these guys do their due diligence they will discover:-

- Massive debts with even more to come.
    - Entire fleet leased at above market rates with more aircraft to come.
    - 12 year aircraft leases with no termination clause.
    - Useless GOSL appointees at all levels that can't be fired.
    - 4000 surplus staff that can't be fired.
    - A culture of impunity and zero accountability.

The net result of the above is that is impossible to make any money and there is nothing that can be done to change that.

Why would anyone want any part of this?

If someone wants an Airline they can start one from zero with the proper safeguards in place at a fraction of the cost.
    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

I can't see ANA and JAL teaming up together as they are fierce competitors. However Harry J is one of the few people in Sri Lanka who could stop the rot at UL and so any bid by him should be encouraged.

I agree with Ejanson about the ownership stake. Harry should demand the chairman position for himself and a 60% stake. Otherwise the next government will force out the CEO and management like what MR did to Peter Hill and EK.

Sandaru,

Does Himalaya Airlines still flying to Colombo? It was flying to Colombo until few months ago. I cannot see now Colombo flight schedule listed on their airline website.

I can't see Mega Maldives airlines flying Colombo too.

I can't see ANA and JAL teaming up together as they are fierce competitors. However Harry J is one of the few people in Sri Lanka who could stop the rot at UL and so any bid by him should be encouraged.

I agree with Ejanson about the ownership stake. Harry should demand the chairman position for himself and a 60% stake. Otherwise the next government will force out the CEO and management like what MR did to Peter Hill and EK.
    We need someone to stop the rot and I am pretty sure JAL and ANA are being bandied about to meet the government's criteria about the investor requiring airline management experience and probably would have nothing if this come to fruition.

I am trying to remember SLIC the deal that happened about a decade back, can someone with more knowledge on that affair please shed some light on it?

Sandaru,

Does Himalaya Airlines still flying to Colombo? It was flying to Colombo until few months ago. I cannot see now Colombo flight schedule listed on their airline website.

I can't see Mega Maldives airlines flying Colombo too.
    It's seems to be that both aren't flying to CMB now

Harry J's credibility is as low as SL politicians...people who knows about Harry J knows what type of person he is

I was just thinking about these lease contracts.

- 12 years with no termination clause.
    - Lease prices above market rates.

This is a disaster for the Airline.

However this increases the value of this deal - and increases the Commission paid out.

Deliberate or incompetence?

All the more reason to investigate this deal - nothing would surprise me anymore.
    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Harry J's credibility is as low as SL politicians...people who knows about Harry J knows what type of person he is
    What little I found on the SLIC deal..... I remember there was some inquiries at that time, but not sure of the eventual outcome. How did Sri Lanka Insuarance fare after this deal?

The sale of SLIC was conducted by a Tender Board which did not have the approval of the Cabinet. Though Jayawardena’s Aitken Spence, Distilleries and Aitken Spence Insurance were awarded the sale, SLIC was eventually bought over by hitherto unknown offshore companies which were not even evaluated by the Tender Board. One of these companies, Greenfield Pacific Holdings of Gibraltar had not even been in existence at the time the cabinet awarded the shares of SLIC to the Aitken Spence conglomerate

http://www.nation.lk/2007/05/27/news1.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Haleef View Post
    Technical fault. Now okay, and returned back into service.
    Now 4R-ANA is inactive since 13 June .
    Furthermore yesterday's abu dhabi flight was supposed to be by 4R-ANB but faced a 4.5 hour delay and they had put 4R-ABM

Any idea what's going on with the neos?

http://www.dailymirror.lk/article/Sr...im-131253.html

The Board remains in place - "Business" as usual!

Looks like they don't even have the money to pay Aercap. As I stated previously the A350 will be the final nail in the UL coffin.

Quote Originally Posted by 4R-ALA View Post
    Now 4R-ANA is inactive since 13 June .
    Furthermore yesterday's abu dhabi flight was supposed to be by 4R-ANB but faced a 4.5 hour delay and they had put 4R-ABM

Any idea what's going on with the neos?
    4R-ANB flew to Trivandrum yesterday in the morning. My father operated on that flight. Have a few pictures, will try to share. I think this was its' second flight after being fixed. It was grounded for I think a week due to a technical fault.

Rumour: SriLankan might go for A330neos in replacement of the remaining A359 aircraft?