X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Max View Post
    Sri Lanka aims to expand air links with China

Sri Lanka is targeting more Chinese airlines to arrive in the island nation as the government looks to further expand its tourism industry next year, Senior Advisor to the Tourism Minister, Felix Srimal Rodrigo said.

"Sri Lanka is an island which means tourists can only reach here by air transport. Establishing strong air links will boost our tourism industry," Rodrigo told Xinhua in an exclusive interview.

Presently the government is negotiating with the Chinese government to expand air links between the two countries, said Rodrigo.

Tourism had become the number one foreign exchange earner in Sri Lanka as the Chinese currency, Renminbi, had become the most used foreign currency, said Rodrigo.

According to latest data, China has become the leading market for tourists to Sri Lanka, said Rodrigo, adding that several advertizing campaigns are to be launched next year in China to attract more tourists.

Sri Lankan Prime Minister Ranil Wickremesinghe is expected to visit China next year to conduct a massive travel promotion on behalf of his government which was sworn to power in January.

The Sri Lankan government is presently implementing a more open policy to attract Chinese travelers and has implemented an open visa policy where all transit passengers and short term travelers can obtain an ETA visa with only $30.

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/busines...t_22745564.htm
    SL Gov supposed to find a way for SriLankan to expand in China instead putting efforts on inviting China air carriers to operate to Colombo. Air China and China Eastern both already have a daily flights between China and SL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Godofpower View Post
      Israir Ltd applies to operate charter flights from Israel to Sri Lanka

Israir Airlines and Tourism Ltd. has applied to the Israeli Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) to operate direct charter flights between Israel and Sri Lanka.

These flights will be on the new Airbus 320s that the company has purchased and will be delivered at the beginning of June 2016. Gil Stav Israir's VP marketing and sales has confirmed that: "We are indeed preparing to operate direct flights to Sri Lanka in the summer and during the holidays, in the first stage." Stav added, "This is a destination that fits in with the series of family products that Israir offers to Western Europe, the Seychelles, and Zanzibar in Africa."

http://www.port2port.com/article/Air...-to-Sri-Lanka/
      I doubt Israir will materialise the TLV-CMB route due to long flying hours for an A320. I think UL better launch CMB-TLV-CAI-CMB route. I am sure Israel pax will love to take transit in CMB to access other destinations like India & Far East. I am sure there is also a demand for cargo because EL AL cargo did operate CMB route until 2002.

Please see how EL AL flying TLV-BKK nonstop route by avoiding islamic regions. It's a long fight.

New Bitmap Image

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
        I doubt Israir will materialise the TLV-CMB route due to long flying hours for an A320. I think UL better launch CMB-TLV-CAI-CMB route. I am sure Israel pax will love to take transit in CMB to access other destinations like India & Far East. I am sure there is also a demand for cargo because EL AL cargo did operate CMB route until 2002.

Please see how EL AL flying TLV-BKK nonstop route by avoiding islamic regions. It's a long fight.
        Seriously why who comes up with these speculations without any sense. What about Madagascar and Afghanistan then let's fly there too?

Comment

There is a possible demand, perhaps you're right it's a tad far fetched. But as I am part of that market I know fully well that you look at the Load factors for RJ from TLV-AMM a good 25% of it are Israelis who want to reach the East without using LY who have add a few more hours to the journey as they cannot fly over certain countries. But who knows.

Comment

• Here's why the Airline is going nowhere.

A culture of impunity and zero accountability.

The Weliamuna Report is just the tip of the iceberg.
            Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

Comment

• 4R-ALQ already in SL reg. When it's delivery?

Comment

• Originally posted by AF777 View Post
                4R-ALQ already in SL reg. When it's delivery?
                https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...40807581_o.jpg
                Thanks for the pic. 4R-ALQ should be delivered to CMB within couple of days if iam not mistaken. Please keep an eye on this link : https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ul1206/ . But delivery of 4R-ALR may delay upto first week of Jan 2016 due to Xmas holidays etc..

Hi Rahal, 4R-ALG is out of service for last 7 days. Is it going though the end-of-lease checks at CMB hangar?

SriLankan Airlines now offers real-time news, sports and weather - http://www.lankabusinessonline.com/s...s-and-weather/

Comment

Thanks for the pic. 4R-ALQ should be delivered to CMB within couple of days if iam not mistaken. Please keep an eye on this link : https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/ul1206/ . But delivery of 4R-ALR may delay upto first week of Jan 2016 due to Xmas holidays etc..

Hi Rahal, 4R-ALG is out of service for last 7 days. Is it going though the end-of-lease checks at CMB hangar?

SriLankan Airlines now offers real-time news, sports and weather - http://www.lankabusinessonline.com/s...s-and-weather/
                  Hello

yes you are correct, ALG has been taken out of the service and and undergoing the lease return check ...
                  Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by RAHALROXZ View Post
                    Hello

yes you are correct, ALG has been taken out of the service and and undergoing the lease return check ...
                    Cheers
                    Why ALG ? any specific reason?We have older Aircrafts than ALG in our fleet.

Comment

• 4R-ALR has airborne again

Comment

• 4R - A350-941 - SriLankan Airlines - To be assembled in Toulouse - UL #1 - F-WZFA

Comment

• Originally posted by Srilankan1 View Post
                          4R-ALG is an ex-BMI rust bucket with poor seating compared to other older A332s which have much better seating

Comment

• Originally posted by Srilankan1 View Post
                            Because it was the only 330 aircraft we had without a seat modification to new flatbeds ..and the condition of the seats was awful

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandaru View Post
                              4R-ALR has airborne again
                              It must be it:'s acceptance flight.
                              UL to receive 4R-ALQ on the 24-Dec and 4R-ALR on the 31-Dec in CMB - this year.

Originally posted by Max View Post
                              4R - A350-941 - SriLankan Airlines - To be assembled in Toulouse - UL #1 - F-WZFA
                              This is Msn 52.
                              TLS should be receiving it's parts/airframe section from few weeks. Seat config for UL A359 is 28J and 303Y. Wait for the pictures & updates.

Comment

• Originally posted by flylanka View Post
                                Seriously why who comes up with these speculations without any sense. What about Madagascar and Afghanistan then let's fly there too?
                                What a ridiculous comparison. Yes TLV/CAI to CMB is a valid justification compared to Madagascar and Afghanistan (does the people living in Madagascar and Afghanistan has the same buying power as the people living in TLV and Cairo). Remember SEZ is profitable route to Mihin. You must be thinking UL should only fly where Sri Lankan live and compete against already established airlines. In business you should do what others don't do...that's how you become a market leader/visionary. Why do you think EK start operating to Panama City...It is definitely not to serve any Emiratis (if there is any) living there. It is connect Dubai with Ship crew changes (now that what I call thinking outside of the box)
                                Last edited by Speedbird; 23-12-2015, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X