Sri Lanka Aviation


+ Reply to Thread
Page 438 of 447 FirstFirst ... 338 388 428 436 437 438 439 440 ... LastLast
Results 8,741 to 8,760 of 8933
  1. #8741
    Quote Originally Posted by ejanson65 View Post
    It's in maintenance in Brussels - no idea for how long.
    Hello Capt Eric Janson and Capt Axel Wala,

    I've noticed on Flightradar24-website that CS-TFZ is currently doing engine run-ups on the spot near RWY25L at Brussels Airport. Does that mean seat reconfiguration already been completed for this aircraft? Any update when is the next acceptance flight?

    Best Regards

  2. #8742

    Run ragged by rivals, Air India has just two choices left: Privatise or perish

    Seems to be it is almost like Sri Lankan.
    http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/58634759.cms

  3. #8743
    Quote Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
    I've noticed on Flightradar24-website that CS-TFZ is currently doing engine run-ups on the spot near RWY25L at Brussels Airport. Does that mean seat reconfiguration already been completed for this aircraft? Any update when is the next acceptance flight?
    All I know is that the aircraft is in Brussels - still registered as CS-TFZ.

    Not sure what is going on.
    Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find this business

  4. #8744
    Quote Originally Posted by ejanson65 View Post
    All I know is that the aircraft is in Brussels - still registered as CS-TFZ.

    Not sure what is going on.
    CS-TFS performing test flight over North Sea

  5. #8745
    Apart from media statements, is there any other way to keep up to date with developments and plans, regarding the future (or lack thereof) of UL?

    Also - it looks like ABL will soon be leaving while ALS will be arriving and ALA-ALC will be staying for a bit... therefore, during the early part of 2018, the UL fleet would likely consist of 7 333s, 7 332s, 7 321s and 7 320s (and, that will be an interesting coincidence!).

  6. #8746
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandaru View Post
    CS-TFS performing test flight over North Sea
    Future 4R-ALS ready for delivery > https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8585615

  7. #8747
    Quote Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
    Future 4R-ALS ready for delivery > https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/8585615
    Good news..... Wondering When will 4R-ALA will be retired.... I believe this is the replacement

  8. #8748
    Quote Originally Posted by quickingleyero View Post
    Apart from media statements, is there any other way to keep up to date with developments and plans, regarding the future (or lack thereof) of UL?

    Also - it looks like ABL will soon be leaving while ALS will be arriving and ALA-ALC will be staying for a bit... therefore, during the early part of 2018, the UL fleet would likely consist of 7 333s, 7 332s, 7 321s and 7 320s (and, that will be an interesting coincidence!).
    anyone know the lease expiry details of 4R-ALD?
    Already 17.4years old and leased from 'Aircastle'; not from the same lessor as ALA-ALC

    https://www.planespotters.net/airfra...ankan-Airlines

  9. #8749
    SriLankan no longer only ground handler at BIA, MRIA

  10. #8750
    KLM further expands to Sri Lanka in W17

    KLM in recent schedule filing adjusted planned seasonal service to Sri Lanka. The winter seasonal Amsterdam – Colombo operation from 29OCT17 to 24MAR18, will see 3rd weekly service operating for entire winter season, instead of previously planned 6-week period from 17JAN18 to 01MAR18.

    Boeing 787-9 aircraft serves this market.

    KL873 AMS0940 – 2345CMB 789 135
    KL874 CMB0150 – 0820AMS 789 246

    Source : Airlineroute

  11. #8751
    More hubris:

    http://www.thesundayleader.lk/2017/0...line-partners/

    Why do they think that any airline will now be interested, when one of the best managed private equity funds refused to take up the 49% offered to them.

    Article mentions EK as a potential suitor, but STC specifically mentioned their relationship with UL as a reason why they do not acquire stakes in other airlines.

    Dynamics in airline business relationships change all the time (as with any other business) and may be EK has changed their mind, but I highly doubt they will be interested in UL at a time when their own profits are down 82% and over capacity is hurting them badly.

    Being the professionals they are, EK will most likely 'right' their own house before engaging with the likes of UL.

  12. #8752
    Quote Originally Posted by Cayman View Post
    More hubris:

    http://www.thesundayleader.lk/2017/0...line-partners/

    Why do they think that any airline will now be interested, when one of the best managed private equity funds refused to take up the 49% offered to them.

    Article mentions EK as a potential suitor, but STC specifically mentioned their relationship with UL as a reason why they do not acquire stakes in other airlines.

    Dynamics in airline business relationships change all the time (as with any other business) and may be EK has changed their mind, but I highly doubt they will be interested in UL at a time when their own profits are down 82% and over capacity is hurting them badly.

    Being the professionals they are, EK will most likely 'right' their own house before engaging with the likes of UL.
    If UL had previously operated Melbourne and Sydney then when was it, what was the aircraft type and why did they stop.

  13. #8753
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach3 View Post
    If UL had previously operated Melbourne and Sydney then when was it, what was the aircraft type and why did they stop.
    I flew with them a couple of times to SYD back in early 2000s. Once it was the A343 and the other time it was a A332. Timing of the flight was very convenient.

  14. #8754
    SriLankan Airlines splits Bangkok / Guangzhou operation


    By Jim Liu  Twitter  LinkedIn

    Posted 16 May 2017 08:00

    Share this article
     Twitter
     Facebook
     LinkedIn
     Google+



    SriLankan Airlines in latest schedule update filed additional changes for flights to Bangkok and Guangzhou. Subject to Government Approval, existing 4 weekly Colombo – Bangkok – Guangzhou A330-200/-300 service will become 1 daily Colombo – Guangzhou, operated by A321 from 15JUL17.

    UL880 CMB1410 – 2230CAN 321 235
    UL880 CMB1440 – 2300CAN 321 7
    UL880 CMB1705 – 0125+1CAN 321 146

    UL881 CAN0200 – 0500CMB 321 x257
    UL881 CAN0300 – 0600CMB 321 257

    With this latest adjustment, Colombo – Bangkok sector will see frequency increase from 14 to 21 weekly, instead of previously listed 25. Previously reported, the oneWorld member is also splitting existing Colombo – Bangkok – Hong Kong service, where Hong Kong will receive 5 weekly A321 nonstop service, from 15JUL17.

  15. #8755
    Srilankan is no longer a focus city from Bangkok, as it cancels both Hong Kong, Canton and (Beijing/Shanhai) in the past.

  16. #8756
    Junior Member ULA340's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Colombo, Sri Lanka
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by janhongladarom View Post
    Srilankan is no longer a focus city from Bangkok, as it cancels both Hong Kong, Canton and (Beijing/Shanhai) in the past.
    This is a sensible decision. If you fly on this flight you probably notice that the yield for these routes are not good. China to Colombo Sector is full of people while Colombo to China is having a less people except on peak time. Switching to A321 is very sensible with more frequency means passengers get more option to choose while airline will make good money.

    As per the current scenario it's very wise decision to being a regional carrier (except some traditional profitable long haul routes. Eg- LHR, NRT, Maybe MEL & SYD) while encourage foreign carriers to operate the long sectors. AASL can ask Lufthasa to operate Frankfurt, Air France can operate to Paris. Even Qantas Can operate flights to Paris via Colombo as they're considering flights to Paris.

    We should think as part of a global aviation citizen otherwise we can't survive. Even the ME3 are struggling now.

  17. #8757
    EK will start flights , FROM CMB to MEL in OCTOBER 2018. Daily !

  18. #8758
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYBUCK729 View Post
    EK will start flights , FROM CMB to MEL in OCTOBER 2018. Daily !
    Long way (17 months) away, but interesting. I did not know that EK had blanket FF rights out of CMB. Thought their CMB-SIN-CMB was a one off approval.

    UL will be wise to interline LHR with this flight, if schedules permit.

    EK has massive reach in MEL and will be able to fill their planes easier than UL would.

  19. #8759
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYBUCK729 View Post
    EK will start flights , FROM CMB to MEL in OCTOBER 2018. Daily !
    This is a good news as well as bad news for us. If UL starts this year then competition so good rates, plus it won't be a good route for UL as EK will dominate the route

  20. #8760
    Quote Originally Posted by SKYBUCK729 View Post
    EK will start flights , FROM CMB to MEL in OCTOBER 2018. Daily !
    Which aircraft will be used on this route? What's the seat configuration? Have they received the approval from SL Gov to do CMB-MEL route? Last time SL Gov declined the request from QR for flying CMB-SYD.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts