X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbus Plans To Increase A350 Production Rate To 13 Per Month

Several A350s have been spotted in TLS.

Still No MSNs..........

43 likes, 0 comments - Joy (@joycrts) on Instagram: "Le (petit) nez de l'#A350 ! ✈️👃🏼 #igerstlse_in_the_airbus1 @airbus #Airbus #IgersToulou..."

30 likes, 0 comments - Joy (@joycrts) on Instagram: "A350 ✈️🇫🇷 #igerstlse_in_the_airbus1 @airbus #Airbus #IgersToulouse #VisitezToulouse #To..."

Comment

• Was flying out to Cochin and came across an A340 parked in UL's hangar
      Is it 4R-ADE? because i spotted 4R-ADF on the parking bay during takeoff
      -Aaqib Hussain
      (Aviation Analyst | Content Creator)
      www.youtube.com/airlines747

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaqib View Post
        Was flying out to Cochin and came across an A340 parked in UL's hangar
        Is it 4R-ADE? because i spotted 4R-ADF on the parking bay during takeoff
        Yup that's ADE, awaiting departure

Comment

• 4R-ALQ SriLankan's next A330-300 took off from Chateauroux Centre Marcel Dassault Airport today. I believe this is after completing the painting phase.

Construction Number (MSN) -
          Aircraft Type - Airbus A330-343
          First Flight - 18. Nov 2015
          Test registration - F-WWKV

Comment

• Originally posted by ejanson65 View Post
            The question that isn't being asked.

UL is losing money on their European Routes. The question that has never been asked is why? Everyone else seems to be doing fine and increasing frequencies and adding larger aircraft whilst UL does the opposite.

So - is it....

A) Blah Blah Blah...Competition from Emirates...Blah Blah Blah...Competition from Etihad...Blah Blah Blah...Competition from Qatar...Blah Blah Blah...High fuel prices...Blah Blah Blah...Inefficient older aircraft...Blah Blah Blah...

B) The Commercial Department (including sales) is staffed by people who are unqualified,incompetent or both. Their sole purpose is to protect their cushy jobs while they pocket their salary/benefits/commissions. There is zero accountability and it is basically impossible to fire these Donkeys!

Perfect timing - look what I've found....

So much for no government interference - all lies!

UL is nothing but a wealth transfer vehicle - public funds in - funds out into the pockets of various family members and cronies.

This will continue as long as people continue to get away with it - it's a lost cause at present.

The Airline continues to be run into the ground.
            UL has to pay 300 employees from earnings from one air craft.It has to optimize the staff first without making other excuses by management. Now a days most of the airlines make money due to low fuel prices and profits also increasing unlike UL. Good example is Air Canada.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sandaru View Post
              4R-ALQ SriLankan's next A330-300 took off from Chateauroux Centre Marcel Dassault Airport today. I believe this is after completing the painting phase.

Construction Number (MSN) -
              Aircraft Type - Airbus A330-343
              First Flight - 18. Nov 2015
              Test registration - F-WWKV
              I think the paint work has been completed for 4R-ALQ.

Hi Haleef, Do you know the name of 4R-ALQ (CN 1687) ? any pics?

Comment

• Originally posted by Max View Post
                SriLankan to review aircraft order

Commenting on the re-fleeting of the airline, he said that it was a good move to retire aging aircraft.

“However we must re look at the ‘aircraft order.’ Since the ‘order’ is for wide bodied aircraft that could carry more passengers. What SriLankan currently needs is narrow bodied aircraft, that could be easily filled with passengers.

http://www.dailynews.lk/?q=2015/12/0...aircraft-order
                Very sad but it's a sensible decision the UL management has cancelled the A350 order and it's now looking at adding narrow body aircraft to the fleet. In my opinion , A321s are best options for UL to replace the ageing A332 fleet. Since UL is going to focus on regional network and few long-haul destinations it makes sense if they have 7 A333s and 14 A321s.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                  I think the paint work has been completed for 4R-ALQ.

Hi Haleef, Do you know the name of 4R-ALQ (CN 1687) ? any pics?
                  Hi Banu, still didn't get any info or pics of 4R-ALQ and its' name. I'll let you know when I do so .
                  Haleef Ismail
                  www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                    Very sad but it's a sensible decision the UL management has cancelled the A350 order and it's now looking at adding narrow body aircraft to the fleet. In my opinion , A321s are best options for UL to replace the ageing A332 fleet. Since UL is going to focus on regional network and few long-haul destinations it makes sense if they have 7 A333s and 14 A321s.
                    Banu,

Have they already cancelled the A350 order? Did not see any official communique!

Also, I think they should go for A321NEO and may be a few LR versions as well.

I agree that they can do without A350 once the European destinations (Sans LHR) are cancelled, but the capacity gap between the A321 and A333 is too large, so perhaps they may need to keep a few A332s as well.

But, in my opinion the premium product on these A332s should be configured in the same way as that of their A333s (with direct isle access J seats) so, they can be seamlessly swapped when the demand is low on their long haul destinations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
                      Hi Banu, still didn't get any info or pics of 4R-ALQ and its' name. I'll let you know when I do so .
                      4R-ALQ - yesterday

Comment

• Hi,
                        I have two pics for you !!
                        After its new livrery, 4R-ALQ is waiting the departure time ..... ( Châteauroux Airport ( LFLX) ).

C.U
                        Best regards.
                        330_340

https://www.flickr.com/photos/330_340/

Comment

• Wow 330_340... Awesome photos... Thanks for sharing )

Comment

• Originally posted by 330_340 View Post
                            Hi,
                            I have two pics for you !!
                            After its new livrery, 4R-ALQ is waiting the departure time ..... ( Châteauroux Airport ( LFLX) ).

C.U
                            Nice shots! I think this A330-300 won't receive a name, not sure though.
                            Haleef Ismail
                            www.youtube.com/haleef1 | www.instagram.com/cmb_spotter

Comment

• Originally posted by Haleef View Post
                              Nice shots! I think this A330-300 won't receive a name, not sure though.

No name on my pictures ;O((

Thank you, all.
                              It's my pleasure ....
                              I am sorry ...for the grey weather ....
                              Best regards.
                              330_340

https://www.flickr.com/photos/330_340/

Comment

• Originally posted by Cayman View Post
                                Banu,

Have they already cancelled the A350 order? Did not see any official communique!

Also, I think they should go for A321NEO and may be a few LR versions as well.

I agree that they can do without A350 once the European destinations (Sans LHR) are cancelled, but the capacity gap between the A321 and A333 is too large, so perhaps they may need to keep a few A332s as well.

But, in my opinion the premium product on these A332s should be configured in the same way as that of their A333s (with direct isle access J seats) so, they can be seamlessly swapped when the demand is low on their long haul destinations.
                                Totally agree with you. A few A330-800s might be also good for UL to replace the A332s.

I think UL could negotiate its way out of the 4 A350s ordered due for delivery around 2020. However the 3 A350s on lease are due for delivery next year so isn't it too late for UL to wiggle its way out of that commitment without incurring significant financial penalties?

Comment

Working...
                                X