• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
    Probably: Chennai, Male, Muscat & Bahrain
    What about Jakarta?

Comment

• Originally posted by lordvader View Post
      These guys should sell Mihin off along with the Hilton, Mobitel and other non strategic assets they are planning to flog off. I don't think Mihin is of strategic importance to SL although SriLankan arguably is. Plus it will encourage competition.

In any case does anyone have any idea whats happening with the 2x A320NEOs on order for MJ? Are they going to UL instead?
      No one will buy it until it shows potential

Comment

• Originally posted by Godofpower View Post
        What about Jakarta?
        Why on earth should they drop a route like Jakarta when there is a good passenger demand??

Comment

• Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
          Why on earth should they drop a route like Jakarta when there is a good passenger demand??
          I thought it was better for the UL for those areas while Mihin aims on South Asian routes and some ME routes.
          UL can profit more
          Last edited by Godofpower; 23-11-2015, 10:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lordvader View Post
            These guys should sell Mihin off along with the Hilton, Mobitel and other non strategic assets they are planning to flog off. I don't think Mihin is of strategic importance to SL although SriLankan arguably is. Plus it will encourage competition.

In any case does anyone have any idea whats happening with the 2x A320NEOs on order for MJ? Are they going to UL instead?
            I think the Gov doesn't want to close MJ but it's good to hear they are planning to make MJ as a "no frill" airline. As far as i know delivery of 2x A320 NEOs from ALC to MJ would happen in 2017. I wish to see the Gov changing the name of Mihin Lanka to FlyLanka.

Originally posted by Godofpower View Post
            I thought it was better for the UL for those areas while Mihin aims on South Asian routes and some ME routes.
            UL can profit more
            Bahrain, Dhaka, Muscat, Jakarta, Madurai, Gaya and Varanasi are suitable for business model of Mihin Lanka. Seychelles, Kolkota and Lahore should be served by SriLankan.

Originally posted by dilushasg-bdavi View Post
            Do you think UL can make profit if they serve Dhaka? I can notice MJ to increase DAC frequencies from 7 to 10 weekly in Dec.

Originally posted by 744777 View Post
            SriLankan Airlines

Honourable Speaker, we will restructure and reposition SriLankan Airlines, with
            professional management inclusive of local and foreign experts to be a regional airline
            focused on profitable destinations.

It looks like UL will have LHR, NRT, PEK and PVG for long-haul flights. UL is making loss also because of long-haul flights if iam not mistaken.

Originally posted by 4R-ALA View Post
            QR A321 A7-AIB has positioned itself to shannon as per QR SOURCE.COM. Is this by any chance the 3rd A321 for UL??
            My guess is A7-AIB is going to be painted in latest-QR livery at SNN. I doubt QR will lease the A7-AIB to another airline. This bird is only 5 years old. But UL must be looking for a replacement for 4R-ABL which leaves the fleet in mid-2016.

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
              Do you think UL can make profit if they serve Dhaka? I can notice MJ to increase DAC frequencies from 7 to 10 weekly in Dec.
              Well from what i have seen, MJ flights between DAC and CMB are always jam-packed in both Business and Economy. Between 2000-2001 UL had a 4weekly DAC flight with the mixed use of A332 and A343 and all of these flights were usually empty. Its better MJ sticks to DAC rather than UL

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
                Loss making SriLankan Airlines will drop all its remaining European services with exception of LHR.
                Under its ‘Red to Black Programme’ services to Frankfurt, Paris and Rome will be discontinued.
                When did they quit Moscow?

Comment

• Originally posted by Serendib View Post
                  Loss making SriLankan Airlines will drop all its remaining European services with exception of LHR.
                  Under its ‘Red to Black Programme’ services to Frankfurt, Paris and Rome will be discontinued.
                  SriLankan Airlines can lease its slots at Frankfurt, Paris & Rome under an extensive review programme.

Others -

Virgin Atlantic is to lease out two pairs of valuable Heathrow take-off and landing slots to competitors, Virgin Atlantic said it does not currently have the aircraft to fill the slots, but plans to use them eventually as it expands.

American Airlines paid Cyprus Airways nearly £20 million for a pair of noon take-off and landing slots at the airport in the summer, the report said.

The UK's number one travel trade publisher, with essential news, comment, analysis and travel inspiration, plus the latest travel jobs and travel agent competitions and incentives. Need-to-know information for those working in the travel agent, tour operator, cruise and airline sectors, and suppliers to the travel industry. Part of Jacobs Media Group.

Comment

• Qatar Airways continues Europe expansion

Oneworld members.............

Comment

• Originally posted by Max View Post
                      SriLankan Airlines can lease its slots at Frankfurt, Paris & Rome under an extensive review programme.

Others -

Virgin Atlantic is to lease out two pairs of valuable Heathrow take-off and landing slots to competitors, Virgin Atlantic said it does not currently have the aircraft to fill the slots, but plans to use them eventually as it expands.

American Airlines paid Cyprus Airways nearly £20 million for a pair of noon take-off and landing slots at the airport in the summer, the report said.

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articl...#disqus_thread
                      Because those slots are not at a premium rate or hard to come by like Heathrow's

Comment

• Originally posted by newsflasher View Post
                        No info online about this suspension.

Comment

• Originally posted by Srilankan1 View Post
                          over to you Edtenna .
                          I will not get carried away by what these opportunist politicians say.
                          I believe my previous explanation was sufficient to understand the cause for present predicament SriLankan has faced.
                          Believe me nothing much will happen in SriLankan in spite of all these rosy talks. I know how this company works. Unfortunately it lacks real go-getters in its top management. Their focus is not align with the business plan of a crisis ridden establishment. There is no sense of urgency within the top management circle to get out of this consistent loss of public money.
                          There will be two scenarios I can predict with confidence now.
                          1. Next Budget Finance Minister will say that SriLankan has further reduced their losses and on the way to better manage the finances (naturally with shrinking network the cost will go down and the losses will trim down, but accumulated loss will further increase)
                          2. After 5 years in to their new business plan there will be a new government and SriLankan management will present the next batch of political jokers with a new business plan for next five years for recovery.

Comment

• Originally posted by newsflasher View Post
                            UL had cancelled the DME route in end of Mar 2015 following the decision by the new UL management which tookever after M.Rajapaksa left the Sri Lanka gov. I heard this decision was made this route was not profitable because of poor russian economy. If I'm not mistaken UL must have done well in DME route , when Russian economy was doing well & a lot of Russian tourists were flying Sri Lanka, the maldives and seychelles out of CMB.

My UL Summer 2015 Update :

Comment

• Originally posted by banuthev View Post
                              UL had cancelled the DME route in end of Mar 2015 following the decision by the new UL management which tookever after M.Rajapaksa left the Sri Lanka gov. I heard this decision was made this route was not profitable because of poor russian economy. If I'm not mistaken UL must have done well in DME route , when Russian economy was doing well & a lot of Russian tourists were flying Sri Lanka, the maldives and seychelles out of CMB.

My UL Summer 2015 Update :

http://www.airsrilanka.org/showthrea...=9874#post9874

Passgengers from Asia Pacific also travel to Europe via CMB. IF UL stops European destinations,it will reduce passenger demand on those routes too.Who will benefit from from this is only Middle Eastern carriers.
                              Mean while UL gets good comments from passangers after introducing new birds according to SKYTRAX

Comment

• Originally posted by channa View Post
                                Passgengers from Asia Pacific also travel to Europe via CMB. IF UL stops European destinations,it will reduce passenger demand on those routes too.Who will benefit from from this is only Middle Eastern carriers.
                                Mean while UL gets good comments from passangers after introducing new birds according to SKYTRAX
                                That's true.

Read Verified [name] customer reviews, view [name] Photos, check customer ratings and opinions about [name] standards.

Comment

Working...
                                X