Sri Lanka Aviation
Mobile View

 

News Headlines..

   



 

+ Reply to Thread
Page 429 of 482 FirstFirst ... 329 379 419 427 428 429 430 431 439 479 ... LastLast
Results 8,561 to 8,580 of 9621
  1. #8561
    Quote Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
    Great News !! Thanks. Do you normally take transit at CMB ?
    Not nowadays. I have transited only twice via CMB. In Sep 2014 and Feb 2015.

    Quote Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
    I think the A321neo which is joining the UL fleet in 1st week of July is going to be used on these new CZB, VTZ, HYD flights. Do you know where do these CZB, VTZ and HYD passengers are going to fly out of CMB ?
    CJB and HYD have a mix of both O&D and Transit pax with transit being slightly higher than O&D. No Idea about VTZ

  2. #8562
    Quote Originally Posted by MalaysiaMustafa View Post
    Weren't MRC and MRE reconfigured with J class when they were with MJ?
    Quote Originally Posted by quickingleyero View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that (of the two ex-MJ aircraft that are staying with UL), MRE still has an all-Economy configuration (with narrower seats and smaller spaces, compared to the Economy cabins in the other 320s in UL's fleet). And, even though MRD does have a Business class section, it has a much more cramped configuration with regards to both classes (compared to the other 321s in UL's fleet).
    MRE definitely has J class. One of my friend traveled on it and he mentioned there were 12 J seats.

    Can anyone of you exactly say how many economy seats does MRE have?

  3. #8563
    Quote Originally Posted by MalaysiaMustafa View Post
    MRE definitely has J class. One of my friend traveled on it and he mentioned there were 12 J seats.

    Can anyone of you exactly say how many economy seats does MRE have?
    If MRE now has a J Class cabin, it must have been re-configured, recently because it was a single-cabin aircraft when it was with MJ (and all online records of this aircraft still show it as having 180 Y seats, only).

    Anyway, it's good to know that it has been re-configured.

    I assume that MRD is still with the 12+188 configuration that it had when it was with MJ... please let me know if I'm wrong.

  4. #8564
    Quote Originally Posted by janhongladarom View Post
    UL now cancelling Bangkok-Hong Kong service and replacing it with direct A321 service.
    I think it's not a good idea. They should use A330 A/C which they can carry cargo also
    Otherwise they will loose this route for sure

  5. #8565
    Quote Originally Posted by Azamh View Post
    I think it's not a good idea. They should use A330 A/C which they can carry cargo also
    Otherwise they will loose this route for sure
    I believe UL is planning to use new A321neo on nonstop flights to HKG from July ? Do you think UL will have sufficient cargo loads for operating A330 on four nonstop CMB-HKG flights ? CX already operating twice weekly B74F and Daily A330/B777 on the CMB-HKG route.

  6. #8566
    Quote Originally Posted by janhongladarom View Post
    SriLankan Airlines from 15JUL17 is splitting Colombo – Bangkok – Hong Kong operation, currently served 4 times a week. From this date, Hong Kong will become nonstop service, operated by A321 aircraft. For Bangkok, overall service currently shows expansion from 14 weekly to 25 weekly, including 4 weekly onward service to Guangzhou.

    Colombo – Bangkok
    UL402 CMB0115 – 0615BKK 32A D
    UL404 CMB0705 – 1210BKK 320 257
    UL404 CMB0705 – 1210BKK 333 3
    UL882 CMB0710 – 1210BKK 332 x146
    UL404 CMB0715 – 1220BKK 320 1
    UL404 CMB0715 – 1220BKK 333 46
    UL406 CMB1430 – 1935BKK 320 3
    UL406 CMB1500 – 2005BKK 320 146
    UL406 CMB1545 – 2050BKK 320 257

    UL403 BKK0910 – 1100CMB 32A D
    UL405 BKK1310 – 1500CMB 320 257
    UL405 BKK1320 – 1510CMB 320 1
    UL405 BKK1320 – 1510CMB 333 46
    UL405 BKK1555 – 1745CMB 333 3
    UL407 BKK2105 – 2255CMB 320 146
    UL407 BKK2150 – 2340CMB 320 257
    UL407 BKK2150 – 2340CMB 320 3
    UL883 BKK2150 – 2340CMB 332 x146

    Colombo – Hong Kong
    UL892 CMB0905 – 1710HKG 321 146
    UL896 CMB1445 – 2250HKG 321 5

    UL897 HKG0200 – 0450CMB 321 6
    UL893 HKG1815 – 2105CMB 321 146
    Any reasons why UL have to operate two BKK flights around the same time at 7am (from CMB TO BKK) and again 21pm (from BKK TO CMB) on Tue, We, Fr and Sun.

    I think it would have been better move making Guangzhou flights as nonstop like they did with Hong Kong. Better to operate two weekly A321neo and two weekly A332 on CMB-CAN nonstop and two weekly A321neo and two weekly A333 on CMB-HKG nonstop. What do you think?

  7. #8567
    Quote Originally Posted by quickingleyero View Post
    If MRE now has a J Class cabin, it must have been re-configured, recently because it was a single-cabin aircraft when it was with MJ (and all online records of this aircraft still show it as having 180 Y seats, only).

    Anyway, it's good to know that it has been re-configured.

    I assume that MRD is still with the 12+188 configuration that it had when it was with MJ... please let me know if I'm wrong.
    All MJ fleet configured with business class one year before it cease the operation. MJ clearly didn't operate as a LCC that's a secret of losses.

  8. #8568
    Quote Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
    Any reasons why UL have to operate two BKK flights around the same time at 7am (from CMB TO BKK) and again 21pm (from BKK TO CMB) on Tue, We, Fr and Sun.

    I think it would have been better move making Guangzhou flights as nonstop like they did with Hong Kong. Better to operate two weekly A321neo and two weekly A332 on CMB-CAN nonstop and two weekly A321neo and two weekly A333 on CMB-HKG nonstop. What do you think?
    I think they want to utilize A330 on daily service to Bangkok. But now there are A330 service to Bangkok except on Day 1.

  9. #8569
    Quote Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
    All MJ fleet configured with business class one year before it cease the operation. MJ clearly didn't operate as a LCC that's a secret of losses.
    Then, it's strange that all of the online records about MRE showed it as an Economy-only aircraft (with 180 Y seats), even after it was transferred to UL.

  10. #8570
    Quote Originally Posted by quickingleyero View Post
    Then, it's strange that all of the online records about MRE showed it as an Economy-only aircraft (with 180 Y seats), even after it was transferred to UL.
    According to SriLankan website, 4R-MRE have the seat config as 12J 150Y and 4R-MRD have 12J 188Y.

  11. #8571
    SriLankan Cargo to wet lease freighter

    SriLankan Cargo is mulling on wet leasing a freighter aircraft to expand operations, SriLankan Airlines’ Cargo Head Chamara Ranasinghe said.

    He said that cargo volumes are growing and they see a greater demand in the future as well. “Due to the pull out of Frankfurt and Paris we lost out from the cargo segment and we want to capture this back firstly through Code Share agreements with other airlines upto the Middle East and then connect to our network. Secondly we are looking at a separate cargo aircraft on a lease to intensify our operations,”he said.

    He also said that today over US dollars 3 trillion of e commerce business is going out of China and they are also looking at taking a slice of this business through several synergies.

    He also said that the cargo is a key area in the national carrier and they contribute around 10% of the revenue to Sri Lankan. “Our target is to increase this to 15% soon.” The freight handling arm of SriLankan Airlines, set a new record for the amount of cargo handled at the Cargo Centre of Colombo’s Bandaranaike International Airport with a massive total of 239,636 tonnes in 2016, a remarkable growth of 12.88% over the 212,277 of the previous year.

    http://www.dailynews.lk/2017/04/05/b...ease-freighter

    A330-200F??


  12. #8572
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    SriLankan Cargo to wet lease freighter

    SriLankan Cargo is mulling on wet leasing a freighter aircraft to expand operations, SriLankan Airlines’ Cargo Head Chamara Ranasinghe said.

    He said that cargo volumes are growing and they see a greater demand in the future as well. “Due to the pull out of Frankfurt and Paris we lost out from the cargo segment and we want to capture this back firstly through Code Share agreements with other airlines upto the Middle East and then connect to our network. Secondly we are looking at a separate cargo aircraft on a lease to intensify our operations,”he said.

    A330-200F??
    My guess would be non-Airbus aircraft. That's a reason UL is planning to wetlease a freighter with ACMI instead of Drylease.

    Haleef,

    Above news say UL is going to wetlease a freighter for expanding the cargo network. Do you know which aircraft UL is planning to wetlease? Who is the owner of the aircraft? As you all know , UL is already operating a regional freighter services with wetleased single MD80F from Fitsair. Fitsair announced few years ago it will get second MD80F to their fleet. Any update?

  13. #8573
    Quote Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
    My guess would be non-Airbus aircraft. That's a reason UL is planning to wetlease a freighter with ACMI instead of Drylease.

    Haleef,

    Above news say UL is going to wetlease a freighter for expanding the cargo network. Do you know which aircraft UL is planning to wetlease? Who is the owner of the aircraft? As you all know , UL is already operating a regional freighter services with wetleased single MD80F from Fitsair. Fitsair announced few years ago it will get second MD80F to their fleet. Any update?
    Not very sure of this, but maybe an A330-200F or a MD82F?

  14. #8574
    Quote Originally Posted by Haleef View Post
    Not very sure of this, but maybe an A330-200F or a MD82F?
    Recently UL deployed A330 300 on Cmb Dhk , passenger load on that flight was about 60% .Because of larger cargo capacity , A330 300 was allocated , where A321 was sufficient to carry the passenger load . I think A 310 or B 767 300 would be a suitable option for Srilankan cargo

  15. #8575
    Current fleet update and lessors - Source:www.ch-aviation.com

    1.JPG2.JPG3.JPG
    Last edited by ULfan79; 06-04-2017 at 02:23 AM.

  16. #8576
    Quote Originally Posted by banuthev View Post
    My guess would be non-Airbus aircraft.
    Since UL is a all airbus fleet, i think the freighter will be airbus!

  17. #8577
    Is still our domestic airlines allowed to fly international routes?

    Check the webpage was published in 2005
    https://web.archive.org/web/20061013...ress110405.htm

  18. #8578
    It's almost been a week since the delivery of 4R-ANB. Does anyone know why it's taking so long to be deployed on revenue services.

  19. #8579
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach3 View Post
    It's almost been a week since the delivery of 4R-ANB. Does anyone know why it's taking so long to be deployed on revenue services.
    Flying today as UL173 to bangalore- https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/4r-anb

    Quote Originally Posted by 4R-ALA View Post
    4R-ALA is not yet active on revenue flights since it was taken for a C check as mentioned here before.
    4R-ALC last flight as per flighradar24 was on 29th march
    4R-ALJ is also inactive for over 2 weeks now

    Any update...
    4R-ALA is flying from 4-APR.

  20. #8580

    New Airline in Sri Lanka

    I saw this today news paper. New airline going to start international flights in 2018.
    Attached Images

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts